Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I went for my physical today.... page

I went for my physical today....

Primal Fuel
    And the doc said that I was fat. I gained three pounds. He did NOT take into consideration that according to the maker of my underware Victoria Secret that I am now a medium azz and not a large!
    Also, he did not take into consideration that I went from a size 10 to a size 8 in pants and that my clothes are getting bigger every week. I am five one and I weight 171, however I do NOT look fat at all. Most people guess that I weigh 130 because I have alot of muscle. I told the doc as long as my clothes are getting bigger and not smaller that I am not worried. He was also concerned about my cholesterol, he said it went up six more points( I have been eating primal for 8 weeks) and I told him to give it 90 more days and to do a retest and I asked that he request a VAP test (whatever that is that Grizz was talking about..) because he said in the same breath that my bad cholesterol was high and that my good cholesterol was very high. I told him I wasnt' concerned and that he could keep his statins.

OK, I am trying to keep a smily face but.. yeah I was pissed that I didn't lose weight cause my clothes are bigger!!!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Gotta love docs! (not all of them!)

My suggestion would be to measure yourself right now... arms, neck, bust, waist, calf, hips, etc. Then keep doing what you're doing. Right before you go back in, measure yourself again and take that information with you.

That should give you better ammo. He will most certainly still look perplexed but it may shut him up.

Agreed on the VAP... it is a much better measure.

Interesting fact... thyroid issues can cause your cholesterol to go up. My TSH went up for a while and my last cholesterol test was higher (231). In four months, the TSH came back down and my cholesterol was 181. Go figure. Ate the same way, it was just a symptom of another issue.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Gathwh is offline Senior Member
    Could you explain how your clothes are getting bigger, while you move from a large to a medium?

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gathwh View Post
    Could you explain how your clothes are getting bigger, while you move from a large to a medium?
    What she likely means is that as she gets smaller, the clothes she was wearing are now too big.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you have piqued my curiosity. What does a woman look like at 5' 1" and 171 if she doesn't look fat (at all) and has muscle? I know what a woman looks like at 4' 11" and 92 lbs because I'm married to one.

Pics?

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the PP, take measurements. Also take some 'before' pictures and 'after' pictures from today and right before your next appointment.

And can I say this? I still get irked when people that are my height or shorter, weigh more and wear a smaller size than I do. It happens all the time and makes me insane (will not say batty again- just won't do it!)

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcult View Post
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you have piqued my curiosity. What does a woman look like at 5' 1" and 171 if she doesn't look fat (at all) and has muscle? I know what a woman looks like at 4' 11" and 92 lbs because I'm married to one.

Pics?

+1

My wife is 5'3" and was 145 lbs (pre pregnancy) leg pressing 400 lbs and clearly still had weight to lose.
    "Live Free or Die"

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Dangit you guys beat me... I really really want to see some pictures because at that weight you must be one hell of a weight lifter if you are not fat.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Edit.
    Last edited by kcult; 10-08-2010 at 03:15 AM.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    You go, Diva. Go get a new doc.

ETA: Good points about the height/weight ratio above. I'm curious on that, too. (At 5'3", my lean-and-strong weight is about 120.)
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 10-08-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast