Thread: For you coffee lovers out there in MDA page

afsjesse is offline Senior Member

For you coffee lovers out there in MDA

Primal Fuel
    If caffeine is something that you try to avoid, you may not drink coffee. Decaf, atleast in my opinion, is horrible due to the chemical process that they use with fameldihide, which gives the coffee that horrid taste. There is a company that uses a water-treated decaf process that is chemical free and the decaf, without chemicals, tastes exactly like regular coffee. There's a variety of flavors and I'd thought I'd post the link to where you can buy some, if you want to give it a try. I personally love it. It can be kind of pricy, however, but if you only indulge once in a while, it's worth it.

http://www.swisswater.com/

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afsjesse View Post
    If caffeine is something that you try to avoid, you may not drink coffee. Decaf, atleast in my opinion, is horrible due to the chemical process that they use with fameldihide, which gives the coffee that horrid taste. There is a company that uses a water-treated decaf process that is chemical free and the decaf, without chemicals, tastes exactly like regular coffee. There's a variety of flavors and I'd thought I'd post the link to where you can buy some, if you want to give it a try. I personally love it. It can be kind of pricy, however, but if you only indulge once in a while, it's worth it.

http://www.swisswater.com/

They should rename their website to pisswater.com because without the caffeine, coffee blows.

Can't even notice the difference. Some drink coffee just because they like it. But I do agree with you, I enjoy the occassional caffeine buzz.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afsjesse View Post
    Can't even notice the difference. Some drink coffee just because they like it. But I do agree with you, I enjoy the occassional caffeine buzz.
    True. I am a coffee purist... somewhere in my post history I posted quite a few times in an anti-coffee thread. I have tried just about every brewing method ever conceived and order coffees from all over the world.

Therefore, take my previous post with a grain of salt good sir.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Most coffee is decaffeniated with carbon dioxide.

Haha, it's all in good jest! I'm just throwing this post out there in general interest to other readers, like me.

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    cool thanks for the tip, I was just looking for such a thing today. I actually stumbled upon something called http://www.teeccino.com/ as well. Never tried it, but plan on at some point

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    They should rename their website to pisswater.com because without the caffeine, coffee blows.
    I do believe I have a crush on your attitude!

asfjesse: I agree with staying away from the traditional decaf coffee, not healthy in my opinion. Two months into PB and I find my 2 pot a day habit is now down to half a pot and I had no intention of giving it up. I also quit using cream unless I felt I needed the added fat in my daily intake. It tastes great black to me now.

I feel I am somewhat of a purist, I love mine french pressed, second choice is an 16 ounce Americana, 6 shots.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    True. I am a coffee purist... somewhere in my post history I posted quite a few times in an anti-coffee thread. I have tried just about every brewing method ever conceived and order coffees from all over the world.

Therefore, take my previous post with a grain of salt good sir.
    I to am a coffee lover. One day I want to try Kopi Luwak. It is supposed to be one of the best coffee's as well as real damn expensive(about $50 a cup). It comes from Indonesia. It is were a coffee cherry is eaten by a Luwak(or Palm Civet) and the beans are collected after they have been crapped out. I guess they just dust them off and roast them. Just want to say I tried it one day.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Exactly! What a scam for pushing tons of sugar, chemicals and dairy products.....all to cover up the taste of the original product!