Thread: Pertaining to changing to PB and heart disease. page

afsjesse is offline Senior Member

Pertaining to changing to PB and heart disease.

A few days ago I posted for help in regards to getting my mother to change to the PB, I received good replies and thank all of you for your support.

My mother went to get stints put in today and they found that her an artery in her heart was totally clogged along with another one that is half way clogged also. She is going to have bipass surgery in a couple of days and so the situation becomes much more complicated.

The responsibility now falls on me to at least make an attempt after all of this is finished to change her mind about her diet. I am afraid that the docs are going to blog her mind full of useless jargin about lowfat diet and how she has to eat 'good carbs' etc...... This is going to be a lot more difficult.

What I need to know, if anything, is if there are some aspects to the PB that would address her condition, or anything along the lines of eating better. I know that is really vague and that the PB in general addresses this issue, but perhaps there's something I'm missing. My mom isn't one to pick up and read a book like the PB, so that's pretty much out of the question, although i am going to buy her a copy.

Thanks for your continued input.

J.
    Last edited by afsjesse; 10-07-2010 at 11:28 AM.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I would research cardiologists in your arwea and find one that understands how to REALLY eat right. One like hte doc fromt eh Heart Scan Blog. Then convince her to switch docs, and let the doc do the dirty work. Maybe, get your sister to help her and say that this new doc is highly recommended.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I'm really sorry to hear about that, Jesse. I really hope that you can show both her and your sister how to eat healthier, using your transformation as an example. If you ever need help with anything, or just want someone to talk to, never hesitate to ask! Seriously.

I'll keep your mother in my thoughts as her surgery draws near.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    The pb can be adapted to conform with aha recommendations. Fish, chicken, lots of veggies and fruits, olive oil, nuts, and occasional dark chocolate are all on both lists.

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about that, Jesse. I really hope that you can show both her and your sister how to eat healthier, using your transformation as an example. If you ever need help with anything, or just want someone to talk to, never hesitate to ask! Seriously.

I'll keep your mother in my thoughts as her surgery draws near.
    Thanks, Mike.