Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saurkraut - How much will I regret this?

Saurkraut - How much will I regret this?

Shop Now
    I just made a big crockpot full of Country Style Pork Ribs and Saurkraut. Unfortunately, I have overestimated the amount of saurkraut and underestimated my time to eat it. Basically, if I don't eat this all by end of day Tomorrow I am going to have to throw it out (don't ask why it's a weird set of circumstances).

So, I am basically looking at consuming 4 straight meals (dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner) of pork and saurkraut over the next day or so.

How bad am I going to shit my brains out over this? It's going to happen because I'm a thrifty bastard... I just need to know if I will have to invest in some new underwear after this.

Thank you for helping me through this serious, life-altering event.

(fyi I have almost six pounds of the stuff to eat)

I'm sorry, but LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made six pounds of saurkraut!!!!!! That's INSANE and RIDICULOUS!!!

If I were you I'd move to Germany and have an open-haus party lol...... Good luck either way!!!!

BTW: I got a good chuckle at reading how much you made. lol

homemade kraut should be chock full of good beasties. Thats gonna be one healthy dump my friend.

That's hilarious! Cook way more than I need all the time and freeze the leftovers. I recommend putting meal sized portions into individual bags so you can thaw them out an as needed basis.

I'm pretty sure I ate it for three meals one day..but I didn't have that much, hahaha. Everyone's digestive track is different though, maybe you'll be fine

Well then, I will begin to consume six pounds of saurkraut and pork in the name of SCIENCE to test both bowel capabilities and underwear tensile strength.

Its SCIENCE TIME!

Wear your goggles and gloves.
    Safety first.

mmmmmmm.... sauerkraut!!! I love sauerkraut and homemade sausages for breakfast - with lots of spicy mustard!

Your devotion to science is admirable!

Yeah freeze it up. Should be okay.

If you want to change it up, stuff a whole chicken with some of the sauerkraut, rub it down with some butter and then spice it up how you like. I normally use garlic powder, kosher salt and coarse black pepper. Double-wrap it in foil and throw it in the oven. 30 minutes at 500F and then about another 1:30-2:00 at 250F.

Works even better with a duck.

Shop Now
    I think you should can it, rather than waste it. The stuff will last a long time... but tell us how the experiment goes.... LOL