Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How fast are you losing weight? page

jkt2 is offline Member

How fast are you losing weight?

I started PB almost 3 months ago.... I've lost 23 lbs, but still have a long way to go. It seems like my weight loss is slowing down though... but I'm not cheating! From lurking in the forums I know that many of you have lost a lot of weight... but how quickly were you able to do it? I don't want a quick fix, but I really enjoyed the 3 lb loss/week a lot more than the current .5-1 lb loss I'm experiencing now.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    .5-2 Lbs per week is generally what's considered sustainable weight loss. if you lose faster than that it's likely that you're looking at water loss and/or muscle loss.

(but I should admit that I have not been able to lose weight since my first 3 pounds, but mostly because I eat out too much so my 20% is more like 40%)

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Weight loss does slow down after the first month or two. In my experience, I was losing a pound per day the first month, half a pound per day in the second month, and then about a pound to a pound and a half a week after that (which has slowed down even more, just lately). And I started at just short of 400 pounds. The smaller you are when you start, the slower your weight loss will be after the first initial burst.

What you're experiencing now is normal. Slow is better. This isn't a race - this is your life.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    You lose a lot right away because of water weight.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Bear in mind that as you lose fat your metabolism slows by virtue of the fact that there is less of you to fuel. So, the same intake level and macros that initially caused the pounds to fall off will eventually lead to a plateau. Finding tweaks and ways to reduce your overall intake are needed if you want to sustain your weight loss rate.

AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    They say the safest weight loss is about 1% a week. In the beginning, you may go higher due to water weight. Then you have to take into account what you weigh. 1% of 200 pounds is going to be more than 1% of 150 which is more than 1% of 130, etc. Then of course, your body adapts and metabolism slows. Also, as you progress (especially if you exercise), your body may be putting on muscle weight faster than it is losing fat weight.

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Several pounds a week. Oddly enough, I also consume a somewhat large amount of carbs, from milk and rice, I'm guessing around 100.
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

biggrizzly is offline Junior Member
    I started on August 9th at 280lbs. This morning I was 247! I lost a lot of weight the first couple to three weeks and now it is only a couple pounds per week or so. I am actually worried it will slow to nothing, but that keeps me staying within my 20/80. I've cheated a couple times but not much at all. I'm sticking pretty close to the NO Sugar, no bread, wheat, rice, pasta carbs thing and eating more protein and vegetables. I have eliminted soft drinks entirely 100% and drink only water or tea. My vice however, is sugar free Trident gum which I know I need to dispense with, but it my only junk food at the moment.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    depends on how many beers i have on teh weekend /cry

i can go from 1lbs a week to 7lbs in a week
    Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
    Current Weight: 266lbs
    High-school Weight: 235lbs
    Goal: ????

hilm3 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't fret about weight loss slow down. It's typical. (Griff should change his signature to +1.)

I check my weight daily, record it, and graph it with a spreadsheet. It can be really discouraging to watch your daily weight seem to plateau. But in another graph, I just look at weekly data. It shows a definite downward trend aimed right at my goal weight. FYI: Month 1 - 13lbs, Month 2 - 10lbs, Month 3 - 4lbs, Month 4 - 7lbs, Month 5 - 1lb so far. Total 35lbs in 4 1/2 months. (From extremely tight size 36 jeans to quite loose size 32 - nine inch loss around the waist by tape measure!

All things said and done, though, my goal is not weight loss. It is diabetes/BG control. Weight loss is a bonus. The only thing I count is carbs, since for me, I keep them at less than 30 gm and much less when I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast