Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excess Skin page

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member

Excess Skin

Primal Fuel
    I started at 400 pounds, so far I have lost 50. This time I believe I will succeed because I have changed my lifestyle. I was so large that I know I will have excess skin and will not go the surgical route when I hit my goal weight. I don't know what that weight is yet, I will know after my body redistributes.

What can I do now to help my skin become as tight as possible? Anyone have 200 or pounds of weight loss and have there skin become normal again?

Mark

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    I only lost 80 pounds and once I hit that I basically ran to the gym. I don't think their is anything that will drasticly help in the short term but I have gained alot of muscle and that has helped fill in the loose skin. Also many people will tell you lotion such as cocoa and shea butter with Q10 won't help but it has visibly helped my stretch marks and skins ability to "bounce" back. It has taken a few months applying two-three times a day along with working out as hard as possible but it is helping. Good luck man.
    "Live Free or Die"

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Under age 40 is more likely to have the elasticity in the skin to tighten back up. How old you are may have a big effect.

Not everyone with big losses needs surgery. Wait and see.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    Someone named barefooter might be able to help shed some light on her experience. She posted in the before and after pictures a while back and I believe she commented on how she dealt and felt about her excess skin. I would imagine the faster you lose weight, the more skin but that may be just another myth as well.

Here is barefooter's post
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...353#post129353
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Jon Gabriel lost over 200 pounds and doesn't seem to have had any problems.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Bottom line is that the damage is either already done - or not. It just depends on what happened in your dermis as you gained and maintained the higher BMI.

Aside from surgery, nothing can be done at this point to reverse 'sagging' damage - if it's present.

However, as others have said, it may be fine. You'll find out soon. Wishing you all the best on this path to a healthier you.

Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Swimming and dry body brushing http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.c..._technique.htm
    I found nothing beats swimming for toning, and body brushing is great for circulation and stimulating the lymph system, etc. I'm preparing myself for surgery - all told I'll lose probably close to 180 when I'm all done, and my last child weighed 12 pounds & 2 feet tall - but I'm hoping to do what I can to minimize what the surgeon has to do.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    Grumpy Caveman,

I will do whatever it takes to keep my skin from sagging like some photos I have seen. One woman at work has sagging skin (still fat) on her abdomen and arms. I can see clearly that she still has weight to loose but she is going to have surgery. I won't have surgery, I will build muscle and take care of my skin. I just need to know what others have done.

Who is Jon Gabriel and does he have any advice? Is he a member?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    He wrote a book called The Gabriel Method. He's got an interesting take on things and seems to have a more-or-less Primal philosophy. You can find some videos on Youtube.

AdrianBryant is offline Junior Member

you have nothing to worry about

take a look at this article i wrote: http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-get-rid-of-loose-skin.htm

I did some research on the topic becasue I was getting asked this a lot but basically...

If you avoid CRAZY Fad diets where dont eat and dont do any exercise then you really dont have anything to worry about and most of those people who have CLAIM to have excess or loose skin really have more fat to loose (they're just skinnier fat people) but I think since you're in this forum then it's that tells mean you're going to lose FAT (not weight) the right way with proper diet and exercise so between me & you...

I dont think excess skin is going to be an issue with you
    I actually help people look good naked. Seriously, I do this for a living and have fun doing it! Don't believe me? See the people I've helped for free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast