Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excess Skin page 2

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-get-rid-of-loose-skin.htm
    In the picture, the woman on the right does indeed, as the author states, have fat to loose. However, she will also have a significant amount of loose skin once she looses that weight.

Of course an obese person with fat filling out all of their skin can't pinch the skin and pull it away from the fat/muscle. However, if they have damaged the dermis, they will have sagging skin when they are done loosing weight. If the dermis isn't damaged, they wont' have significant sagging.
    Last edited by cillakat; 10-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    Adrian,

I agree and thank you for your research. I think every one I have seen so far that has had a lot of weight loss concentrated on weight as the major factor and did not consider FAT loss as their goal. I can see pretty clearly that if i just lost a bunch of weight (fat and muscle) I'd have large sags of hanging fat in sacks of skin. (gross) I think I will be OK even though I have a very large amount of fat to loose.

I found this article in my searches and it makes the same points you do. http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

This is the first time in my life I really believe I can find good health and a fit body.

Thank you all.

Mark

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Sort of off the wall, but I just wanna say------Many years ago I read about clubs in Japan whose members were all covered with tattoos and had arrangements to be skinned when they died and have their 'hides' tanned. The club headquarters was full of things like human hide lampshades and table tops displaying those tattoos. For some reason that stayed in my mind for many years.

If I had a lot of extra skin, I would like to have it tattooed and then sliced off, tanned, and displayed in my home. Or maybe donated it to a local church.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Adrian Bryant: I tend to agree with you. I think that if you loose weight gradually and sensibly the skin will shrink too. Of course, I have no experience with it. Just conjecture on my part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12