Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccines page

Maleficarum is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

My wife and I have elected not to immunize our daughters by the use of vaccines. Too many recent horror stories that continue to raise our awareness of just how scary the medical establishment can be.

An example would be digging into the recent problems with the HPV vaccine that they advertise on television for young teen girls. This vaccine was never tested on humans on a large scale until it was released to the general public.

The recent plans to immunize hundreds of millions of people worldwide against H1N1 is also a concern. Roughly 35,000 people die each year in the United States from the flu (mostly the elderly). The powers-that-be are claiming that the "swine flu" will claim 90,000. To me, this is a depressing number, but I do not feel it justifies injecting millions and millions of people with a known cocktail of untested vaccine, mercury, thermisol, and squaline.

How would Grok respond to the idea of being injected with a virus in order to potentially increase his immune response to similar viruses in the future?

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Grok's immune system would likely have been strengthened already by plenty of exposure to healthy bacteria (i.e., not constantly rinsing one's hands in alcoholic "sanitizer").

I think vaccines, like any medicine or procedure, should be geared to "first, do no harm", and that the aggressive scheduling insisted on by conventional wisdom is not only counterproductive but actively harmful to developing children.

I will not allow anyone to put anything into my body without my consent.

Maleficarum is offline Member

I agree frog. More and more studies are showing just how damaging it can be to a child's immune system to receive so many vaccines at one time. Especially infants.

My wife and I feel bad that we did not realize the danger sooner. We dutifully took our 2 year old to get all of her shots up until she was 12 months old. Our youngest has not had any shots. My wife had to argue with the pediatrician in the hospital only hours after giving birth to our second child to keep him from giving her shots.

Nick Guest

There are many vaccines that have been in use for years on millions of people and are perfectly safe. Thimerosal/Thiomersal is being phased out. Don't know if you're an autism crazy or not, but if so: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...n-d-and-autism

I agree with you on the swine flu vaccine though, which is definitely dangerous:

http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2009/08/18/Swine-Flu-Shot-Linked-to-Killer-Nerve-Disease.aspx

However, if you're going to not get your kid measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, tetanus, etc. vaccinations, I kinda wonder. They are still out there, and they do still kill people.

Regardless, please go read up on herd immunity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity), lest you unknowingly take an action that contributes to the tragedy of the commons.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

oh mi god........

Vaccinations have been one the biggest reasons our life expectancy has increased so much in the last 100 years.

For an occasional. statistically minuscule backfire, you are willing to risk your daughter's health? Did you and your wife benefit from vaccinations? Oh, that's right, you'll never know because they worked.

And if they ever travel overseas to many places, they'll have to get them anyway.

And yes, your kids can they be the vectors to other kids like themselves, or adults with lowered resistance. Please don't do us any favors.

Do you wear your seat belts? Sure, once in awhile someone survives because they were not buckled in, but the statistics are all in favor of buckling up.

Just like getting vaccinated.

I was a Polio Pioneer, one of Dr. Salk's human guinea pigs about 1953. I got the real thing, not the placebo. I had a friend back then who wasn't so fortunate, he got polio. Years later, I had an adult friend that had no use of her legs because Mom didn't believe in vaccinations. But Mom (this is Mexico) believed in prayer and marijuana rubs on daughter's immobile legs. A life ruined because of disbelief.

If your daughters are able to "run vaccine naked", it's only because of the 99% of us that are.

oh mi god.......

bcreager Guest

My wife and I are going through the same thing right now with our 3 month old. So far, we haven't had to fight too much with the hospital or pediatrician. Thankfully Colorado has an exempt law so they you can still get them into school.

I've been doing as much research as I can and discovered two interesting thinks. First, no doctor can say they don't recommend vaccines, otherwise they will lose insurance providers, etc. After all, health care is all about $$$, not really about our health. Second, some interesting research that vaccines aren't really the reason we have less disease, better sanitation is.

Either way, after reading how many of these vaccines are produced, there is no way I'm going to inject my infant daughter with chicken embryos, trace amounts of mercury, and other various poisons used to culture and preserve vaccines.

I don't get vaccines, and thankfully my parents prevented me from getting many of them when I was young....so why would I risk my infants health!?!?!?

Besides, don't believe anything the gov't says is good for me, after all, look at the Food Pyramid!

-bcreager

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

I do not believe in the efficacy of prayer to cure or prevent sickness or injury, and if I or my (hypothetical) child were traveling overseas, I would not hesitate to have us vaccinated against the nastier stuff. But I hardly think it qualifies as 'autism craziness' to recognize that the aggressive vaccine schedule promoted by conventional wisdom does more harm than good to both the individual and to the human race as a whole.

Nick Guest

Didn't say he was an autism crazy. He didn't mention autism. But nowadays it's hard to find someone who is anti-vaccine who doesn't also believe they cause autism, so I thought I'd head that off at the pass with some actual science.

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

I'm a mom of 4 and even though I've been an "alternative" mom (extended breastfeeding, family bed, homeschooling, etc.) I would never dream of not vaccinating my children. There are scary diseases like whooping cough and measles making a comeback because people aren't vaccinating. It's not just a matter of the health of your own children (and I have never known a single child that was harmed in any way by a vaccine) it's a matter of the health of the entire population.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I feel really strongly about this. I recently went to a Holistic Moms Network meeting and I was practically the only one in the room who had vaccinated her kids! I was shocked. The only reason we don't have huge epidemics of infectious diseases in this day and age is because of the advent of vaccines. I really fear that if this non-vaccinating thing catches on, a lot of people (kids!) will die.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

"Either way, after reading how many of these vaccines are produced, there is no way I'm going to inject my infant daughter with chicken embryos, trace amounts of mercury, and other various poisons used to culture and preserve vaccines."

While I'm not up to speed 100% on the mercury as a cause of autism issue, I don't think that's gone anywhere after many, many studies. And the amount in the vaccine will pale compared to what will be picked up later in life.

Thank god for all the scientists who make all those horrible vaccines using - gasp! - chicken embryos and other unholy sacraments. Come on!

As the great politician and observer of human nature Patrick Moynihan said, "You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts." So many of my incredulous responses to posting here on MDA fall into that category.

And, my fellow traveler, what will your therapeutic response be when a child of yours gets any of the diseases that the vaccinations prevent? Who will you believe then? And if they don't come down with something, you can thank all the millions and millions of people who have hadcthe vaccines, making your children's world a safer place.

Thank you, Dr. Salk! At least I didn't get polio, the scourge of summer, unlike my friend.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast