Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccines page 3

bcreager Guest

PrimalJewishA:

Just because there are poisons in our everyday world, doesn't mean I should go ahead and eat it because it ok! Additionally, I don't reject medicine as a whole, but I will not be injecting my infant child with various poisons because "there's a chance it will stop her from catching this disease/illness!".

For me, this has nothing to do with being Grok! I was this way long before I started reading and learning about the Paleo lifestyle. If she gets some infection or other ailment that can be cured with antibiotics or other drugs, of course she will be treated. But treatment and prevention are two very different things.

-bcreager

Maleficarum is offline Member

interesting responses. I suppose i am a "bad" parent because i am questioning the medical establishment's reliance on the pharmaceutical industry to solve all of our medical problems. Funny, because i thought that questioning Big Pharma was one of the key ingredients behind Going Primal.

I worry about my kids. I do not want anything bad to happen to them. I understand the risk involved in not vaccinating them. I also understand the risks involved in giving them vaccinations. I do not feel like i am a religious zealot who abhors medical care. I feel like my wife and i are making an informed decision based on current evidence.

If my child broke a limb... i would not pray for them to get better. I would take them to the emergency room for a cast. Purposely exposing a child's underdeveloped immune system to unknown substances, toxic substances, and live viruses does not sound like a preventive measure. It sounds barbaric.

I understand the concept of Herd Immunity. I suppose i can be an ass and say i appreciate the "sacrifice" your children are making to keep mine healthy. But, i do not feel this is the case. Every article i read about the fears people feel in non-vaccinated children interacting with vaccinated children focuses on the risk-transmission factor. This says that people are not as comfortable with the reliability of vaccinations in the first place. If they were... they would not worry about my child transmitting any diseases to their vaccinated child.

I say we should all wait until the age of majority to decide who should and should not be vaccinated. Yes, this puts infants and children at risk. Our infant mortality rate is already the worst among first world countries, yet we spend almost 30x more for maternity care.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

When I was born 24 years ago, I was so weak and sick all the time that the doctors didn't think I was going to make it pass couple of weeks. They shot me with any imaginable vaccine and drug trying to bring me back to life which caused me to have violent allergic reaction to any routine vaccines required for children at that time.

I didn't get any vaccines since I was 1 yr old and I had a very hard time in kindergarten and public school because of that. That said, I never gotten any of the diseases the vaccines were suppose to protect from. Matter of fact, I never gotten as much as a cold when I was a kid. My mom was pretty serious about throwing me outside barefoot in a t-shirt in 2 feet of snow so I could develop my immune system and build it without the need for vaccines.

My older sister has 2 children who are ages 12 and 5. Neither one of them was ever vaccinated and both are very healthy.

By the way...an argument about "wearing seatbelts" vs. getting vaccines is irrelevant here, unless you argue that people get in car accidents because they are BAD drivers. If so, then yes, buckling up will greatly reduce the risk of getting injured during a car accident. However, if a child has a strong immune system naturally, he might very well be resistant to many diseases that people with weakened immune system are prone to getting.

The site recommendation: http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ingredients1.html

is outlandish. This site also claims that AIDS is a harmless virus, rape is justified because it gives men power that the patriarchal society needs, and a personal favorite, the holocaust was a hoax. So, sorry if I can't trust that site. Oh yeah, the site also sells homemade bombs and hand grenades. At the cost of slicing holes in your cheese, I am probably now on a government watch list.

Nick Guest

Wow, I didn't look at the main site before. That's a whole lotta crazy.

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

Personally,

I'm OK with taking a risk by getting vaccinated against seriously potentially life threatening, and/or crippling diseases.

I'm not really into all the flu vaccinations, or HPV, etc.

But when I traveled to Asia, and Europe, I did get my vaccines. And a lot of em.

If/when I have kids, I'll be picky about the vaccines they do get, but I'm planning on vaccinating them.

That being said, I am a bit weary of vaccines, and I don't understand why they have to be contaminated with a bunch of extra junk. (And I do understand why people may choose not to vaccinate, and I respect their viewpoints.)

Here's a blog post by a guy I respect a lot.

He has a quick personal account of his experience with a tetanus shot. (With an extra "0.28 mg of aluminum, up to 0.3 micrograms of mercury, and up to 100 micrograms of "residual formaldehyde")

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2008/05/vaccines.html

Gotta weigh the risks...

-Sean

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Actually, there are quite a few similar theories on holocaust being a hoax. Not so much the way this site puts it, but there are interesting books out there providing evidence that Hitler wasn't even aware of it. Look it up

maba is offline Senior Member

I don't have kids but I've often wondered about vaccination and how they may affect some children adversely.

Here's an article from WAPF that might give you a better picture:

http://www.westonaprice.org/children/vaccinations.html

bcreager Guest

Perhaps a government sponsored website would be better...though some could argue gov't isn't much better then Whale:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

Similar data

-bcreager

bcreager Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

chocolatechip6: There is some STUNNING information out there about the holocast. Like you said, not so much the way this site puts it, but there are sites out there that go into great detail about it. Fascinating stuff to say the least, and makes you say hmmmmmmmmmm

-bcreager

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast