Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccines page 2

JulieD Guest

Primal Fuel

I don't have children and by no means am an expert on vaccines, but I would look to the overall nutrition of today's children before banning vaccines. Look to the past and how many of us had those vaccines without problems.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I cannot believe how keen some people are to remove their genes from the genetic pool.

This is natural selection in action, ladies and gentlemen...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

bcreager Guest

I'm not worried about autism from mercury, and there are only trace amounts in most of today's vaccines, but it doesn't change the fact that its a poison, along with all the other "crap" they put in them to preserve them.

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ingredients1.html

I'm all for doing experiments and studies on chick embryo, monkey kidney cells, calf serums, human fetal cells....heck, I'm all for stem cell research on the whole, I think its a HUGE benefit, and gives our scientific community safer (rather then use live people or animals) to test all kinds of stuff. But it still doesn't mean I want to inject it in my body.

If my daughter gets an illness or disease there is a vaccine for, I'll be ok with that. I'm taking a risk by not vaccinating her, but it is a risk I am willing to take. I've weight the pros and cons, and made my decision. But, even if she got the vaccine, she could still get the illness or disease.

If she never gets one of these diseases or illness, I'm not going to thank the millions that get vaccinate, I'm going to thanks a health immune system, a good nutritious diet, and good luck.

-bcreager

I am not vaccinated, nor are my children.

For those of you who are 'all for it', you REALLY need to do more reading up on it.

It's not all you think it is. More CW propaganda, mostly.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

bcreager, be sure to not buckle them up in the car. And you'll be OK when one is paralyzed for life because of polio? "Daddy, why wouldn't you let me have that vaccine?" OK, with that?

And yes, you damned well better thank the millions of people running around vaccinated. Your kids are far less likely to catch a preventable disease because there is far less of it out there......because of vaccines.

I DON'T need to read "up on it." As I said, just because there is the occasional backfire from perfection, doesn't mean you should throw the baby out with the vaccine.

If this was one hundred years ago and someone said, "I have a medicine that will prevent (long list of horrible diseases and death) in your children, but the downside is a 1 in a few thousand chances of something going wrong," would you not take that chance? Well, interestingly, the people who knew the diseases, and lived (and died) with the diseases were damned appreciative of vaccines. Now with a lot of that just being in the history books, some people forget.

Just unfrickin' believable.

Serial, the problem here is that the parents are choosing to remove their kids, not their own genes. This is only a step removed from parents that for religious reasons don't seek medical help and their kids die, no matter how fervent the prayer. If an adult wants to make a an equivalent decision, fine, one is just being stupid. But to do so for your kids based on crapola fear mongering of the highly unlikely should be criminal.

OTB, you are being way out of line with your accusations of 'stupidity'. Almost ignorant, actually.

"I'm not worried about autism from mercury, and there are only trace amounts in most of today's vaccines, but it doesn't change the fact that its a poison, along with all the other "crap" they put in them to preserve them."

Shit, I hope you never allow your kids to eat fish. Studies now show that 100% of fish has mercury. Best forget about lotions, too. Oh yeah, hope your kid doesn't want to wear deodorant.

This reminds of the thread about the dude didn't want to take antibiotics even though he was diagnosed with parasites; 'cause it wasn't "grok" enough. I thought this way of living was all about being as healthy as possible, not just to play who can be the best BC era caveman.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

OTB, parents perpetuate their genes in the genetic pool through having kids

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I can understand that this issue will polarise people. For what it's worth, I do think that people have forgotten that measles KILLS, polio KILLS or CRIPPLES, etc etc. I also know that herd immunity is key. I heard a couple of years ago that certain areas of London were borderline for measles because not enough children were vaccinated for various reasons. Guess what, measles made a comeback.

However I do agree it is wise to read up EXACTLY what is going into your bloodstream! I do feel uneasy about the sheer volume of early vaccinations - perhaps there is a way to spread them out more?

Having said that, a newborn baby has to cope with an entire planet full of bugs and germs so their immune system can't be as fragile as it seems.

It also depends on environment - if you're out in the middle of nowhere, then good luck to you. If you're in a crowded urban centre, then I'd urge you to reconsider - more people for your kids to catch things from, but also a higher chance of them passing something else on to vulnerable groups. Are you going to give every woman you meet a pregnancy test? I mean, your family might be carrying rubella.... Not trying to be confrontational, just thought provoking (I hope!).

bcreager Guest

PrimalCon New York

Not sure what seat belts have to do with vaccines. I'm guessing that you are making the connection between the "safety" of children. I do buckle my child seat in, and I use the seat belt myself...but it sounds like again your just spewing CW to me.

Seat belts is a great example of CW and gov't propaganda. If seat belts were SO important for the safety of our society, then why aren't there any seat belts on city buses, or even school buses...OH MY GOSH, think of the children's safety!!!!!

And if it was really about safety, why is it illegal for me to wear a helmet, while driving a car? Why are there not requirements that all passengers have shoulder and lap belts?

So again I wonder, what do seat belts have to do with vaccines. I can wear a seat belt without having any foreign material enter my body. I can wear a seat belt and not have to worry whether I allergic to yeast. I can wear a seat belt and not hope that the seat belt was manufactured in dirty lab and contaminated. Overall, I'd say a seat belt is pretty darn safe.

This is far more then a single step removed from religious dogma preventing medical aid. Just because someone chooses not to have vaccines, doesn't mean they reject medicine as a whole. That would be similar to saying "the news is to graphic and I don't agree with it, therefore I will never watch TV again". Don't throw the baby out with the bath water as the saying goes.

I have yet to see any evidence to support your position in your posts, rather, just ranting and raving about how stupid and naive I am, and restating CW.

-bcreager

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast