Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Vaccines page 12

JamieBelle is offline Member

Shop Now

I vaccinated my son and would not dream of doing otherwise. The only vaccine to date he has not/will not receive is H1N1. I simply don't think it's necessary, and I believe he and I already had the swine flu a few months ago. He will be getting the regular flu shot this year, as he has every year.

He got his shots according to the AAP schedule and never had a problem with any of them.

Personally I think people who don't vaccinate their children are personally irresponsible and also irresponsible from a society-at-large standpoint. Every unvaccinated child puts all of us and our children at higher risk.

I would like to see no unvaccinated children attending public schools, regardless whatever BS excuse they give them (like "religious exceptions"). The thought of unvaccinated kids running around on the playground with my son makes me extremely angry, knowing they are putting my child at risk and also taking advantage of the herd immunity around them.

I'm irresponsible because I researched the CRAP outta dis stuff. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Let's see, I've been call 'irresponsible', 'ignorant' and everything else in the book.

Geez, y'all sound like I'm a hated CW-touting mongrel!

This intolerance of my beliefs on my own widely researched health aspects, including not immunizing my children, by calling me irresponsible is inexcusable.

Sorry! I guess I'm not done being feisty today! :-D

kateri17 Guest

I delayed vax for my kids, but they were fully vaxed later. The only thing that bugs me about the whole anti vax thing is the supposed links to autism. Two of my kids were diagnosed with autism before they were vaxed at all, yes that is anecdotal but there is a wide and varied community of autists and parents of autists who have had the same experience.....you'd be amazed at the reaction I get when I tell people who don't vax that, I've been called a liar many times

While I've made a different choice, I think all parents should have the right to decide what's best for their children and I will throw in there that government should not interfere with those parental rights. As long as you're not citing Jenny McCarthy as 'research' then I'm ok with it

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Sassa, I don't know any, not one, person belonging to the scientific or medical community who shares anti-vaccination beliefs. This includes post-docs in epidemiology, pharmacology and the like.

So it all comes down to either trusting the experts in the subject instead of the anti-vaccination activists (who, as far as I know, and at best, are usually not very versed in science or formal research), or thinking they are all part of a world conspiracy against us.

I would think the videos above make an excellent case about interpreting research and therefore demolishes the core arguments of the anti-vaccination movement.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Shine is offline Member

[quote]

I'm irresponsible because I researched the CRAP outta dis stuff. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!
    </blockquote>

Not meaning to sound snide, but could you share the research that you found?

It is not the erroneous nutrition principles for which "CW-touting mongrels" are primarily criticized. Rather, it is the mongrels&#39; obstinate adherence to these principles, complete resistance to new evidence, and tireless efforts to promote misinformation which earn them the labels of "ignorant" and "irresponsible."

Personally, I feel that actively discouraging childhood vaccinations when one is not a trained medical professional or scientific expert is highly unethical. I apologize if this qualifies as inexcusable intolerance towards your healthcare beliefs, but I find the portrayal of beliefs as evidenced facts to be far more intolerable.

Irish Slim Guest

Maybe the anti-vaccine crowd should do a little research on the great epidemics of the pre-vaccine era. I wish I could send them on a tour of 18th century London; do they have any idea what a smallpox outbreak is like?

klcarbaugh Guest

Hmmmm....

1. I agree that vaccinations to prevent serious disease are extremely important. In fact, they were and still are necessary if were are all to continue living in a society where we aren&#39;t confined in bubbles.

2. I also believe highly that all people should have the freedom to choose to vaccinate their children or not. If the government has control over what goes into a child&#39;s body, etc. then I would worry they would require parents to also fee their children a low-fat whole grain diet.(becasue after all, there is also significant evidence that The Government Diet cures heart disease...though heart disease isn&#39;t contagious...)

Unfortunately, those two points of view overlap a bit in that the second one somewhat prevents the first one from working to its full potential.

The holocaust existed. Chemical fluoride is bad... (but iodized salt is good... hmmm. This might also a "freedom of choice problem") Flu shots aren&#39;t as helpful or necessary as the ones that I was referring to previously. I chose to never get a meningitis vaccine becasue my DOCTOR thought that it was unnecessary. The big thing in vaccine advertising now is Gardasil to protect form HPV. I would never get that either. Not becasue it is dangerous, but becasue If I wanted to have sex with someone I would want their whole STD panel in front of me anyways. So you can prevent getting HPV by getting a simple blood test.

I&#39;d like to think that I always think rationally and look at the facts. But to err is to be human. We are all guilty of illogical or irrational thinking at some point... let&#39;s not tear each other apart for it. I did enjoy reading the entire thread though.

Maleficarum is offline Member

having left this post a long time ago... I am slightly sad that I ever started it.

I truly do not blame Mark for never chiming in on this. Obviously this was significantly more emotional than I expected it to be.

I do not understand how it degenerated into Holocaust denials and anti-floridinators.

I was able to gleam some useful information, so for that I thank all of you. Now, I am scared to start any new posts. LOL

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

@maleficarum: Think of it this way: You generated lots of passion and probably the longest thread ever, here. Certainly since I started on board in June!

I think a lot of people learned a lot from this thread. A lot of good science was put forth.

Thank you!

mom500 Guest

i haven&#39;t taken the time to read through this whole thread, so this book may have already been mentioned, but i highly recommend &#39;the vaccine book&#39; by dr. robert sears. he objectively goes through the vaccines and lists their ingredients, lets you know which ones are have animal products, mercury, aborted fetuses (crazy, but true), etc.

you could read this book and decide to vaccinate on schedule, to use an alternate schedule, or not vaccinate at all (our choice), but it at least empowers you to have information:

http://www.amazon.com/Vaccine-Book-D.../dp/0316017507

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast