Thread: Smart People Eat Sulfur page

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member

Smart People Eat Sulfur

Primal Fuel
    I am looking through old blog post and came across one titled "Smart People Eat Sulfur". Worker Bee differentiates between bulb garlic and chopped. I buy my garlic in a large plastic container already chopped.

What is the difference? Worker Bee quote:" Garlic (fresh only – not chopped, powdered or peeled cloves)"

Thanks,
    Mark

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Depending on who you believe, the pre-chopped stuff might be even better for you:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_...fits_of_garlic
    Last sentence is good news: Garlic you buy in jars, already chopped, may be just as healthful. “When chopped garlic was stored in the freezer for weeks,” says Milner, “the compounds remained active.”

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Jenny I understand now. I eat so much garlic and other good things with sulfur that I don't need to worry.

mark

jarnapal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Depending on who you believe, the pre-chopped stuff might be even better for you:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_...fits_of_garlic
    Last sentence is good news: Garlic you buy in jars, already chopped, may be just as healthful. “When chopped garlic was stored in the freezer for weeks,” says Milner, “the compounds remained active.”
    I have also read that to get most from the garlic you have to chop it to release allicin. It should stay for 10 minutes to get most from the allicin. But keeping chopped garlic for longer period, it can lose it's benefits.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Presumably in this study, it didn't lose its properties over those weeks because it was frozen. I can see how the type that's jarred in oil or water for months would be less healthy, though (due to the room-temperature long storage).

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Many years ago I successfully used freshly-chopped garlic (eight cloves chopped into teensy pieces and gulped down twice a day for several days) to kill off a UTI. Caveat: it was a repulsive experience. You smell, taste, bleed the scent of garlic during the entirety of the process. It put me off garlic for many months, but it did work.