Thread: Hello everyone page

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member

Post Hello everyone

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello everyone,

It is very nice to meet all of you. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a short version of my story.

It all started with total confusion 28 years ago. I was feed a line of ******** and spent all that time avoiding fat. I will tell you one of my favorite breakfasts and that should give you a clear picture. Place a piece of white bread on a plate and cover in coffee till wet, then pour sugar all over it and repeat 5 or 6 times till you have a stack of what my family calls coffee bread.

Now I know for fact that what I was doing was killing me. I ended up 400 pounds with Prediabetes, high blood pressure, pitting edema in both legs.

I fell into primal living by accident but the path I took to get here is not important I am here. With out knowing it I was eating primal all on my own. Fresh veggies from farmers market, lots of green leafy veggies. Good meat but not good enough. I have found a nearby farm that has all the grass fed beef, free range eggs, raw milk, cheese, butter and Keefer. It took me two months to find the place and I can't tell you how happy I am to have it just 40min away.

Since I started in January really trying to understand and learn how wrong avoiding fat was I have lost 50 pounds, my blood pressure is normal, I have lost 12 inches from my waist, the pitting edema is all but gone and my blood sugar has normalized. I do set goals and I am sure my first goal of 330 is very close. I have not been on the scales in a while. When I do hit my goal I will be buying a new pair of slacks for work. The ones I have now are a bit baggy.

Because I was so heavy and very scared to become injured I have not done any real exercising accept walking around my neighborhood. Today however I decided to hike a small portion of the Appalachian Trail. It was much better than the road and I can tell it worked muscles that I have never used before.

That's it. I will at some point post a pic or two maybe after I hit my goal after this one of 299.

Mark
    Last edited by AnarchoGrok; 10-06-2010 at 06:59 AM.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    well done - keep going you will do it!

ps - "Place a piece of white bread on a plate and cover in coffee till wet, then pour sugar all over it and repeat 5 or 6 times till you have a stack of what my family calls coffee bread"?

BARF

lol
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    BARF! I'd have that breakfast a lot. Then I made used CW to make it healthy with home made wheat bread.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    heehee - the silly things we have done in the past to make bad stuff "healthy" lol

snack a jacks anyone?

gluten free brownies...(made with god knows what else)
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    "Place a piece of white bread on a plate and cover in coffee till wet, then pour sugar all over it and repeat 5 or 6 times till you have a stack of what my family calls coffee bread."

Oh my!

Welcome to the forums.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    What an inspiring read first thing in the morning. Congratulations on such healthy progress.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Awesome progress and attitude! Welcome to MDA!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your progress and welcome to the Primal Community! Keep doing what you are doing and you will reach all of your goals in no time!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!