Thread: Pre-conception diet link to baby's health page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. I truly believe that pre-conception diet (for both the mother and father) is incredibly important to the the baby's health. Just to play devil's advocate, though, wouldn't one assume that if a mother's pre-conception diet is healthier, then her diet while pregnant would also be healthier? So which one actually affects the babies birth weight? One, the other, or both? My vote is in the "both" column.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That was my immediate thought too, Flash. But speaking as a mom with unceasing morning sickness, it's debatable how well that works out in practice. ;) I couldn't eat anything leafy when I was pregnant with my daughter -- all tasted like dirt to me -- and normally I love salads.

Hopefully they controlled for that somehow, but I agree, surely having leafy goodies before AND during pregnancy is the best ideal!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."