Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 96

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nice Em! Glad things are working out for you and that you're almost done with your rotation.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!

Well, I have finished my prac and thank god!!!! I really had reached the upper limits of my weirdo tolerance and I'm not talking about the patients. I have never met a stranger bunch of people than the nurses who worked in that place! There were 3 normal, nice people; the rest seriously could have used some therapy themselves, my supervisor included.

Anyway, it's over, I passed and got a glowing review and now I never have to set foot in that place again... deep breathe and let it go....

I'm down another 2kgs this week (that's 5kg in 3 weeks!!!!). To say that I'm happy would be a bit of an understatement. I am now into virgin weight-loss territory, I haven't weighed under 90kgs since I was in high school!!!

It's freezing here today, but bright and clear, so we're heading out to the national park for a bush bash. It's the beginning of school holidays so after hardly seeing the kids for the last two weeks, I've got them home for the next two. My mum is coming down for the second week too, which will be great!!

Anyhoo, I hope you all have a great weekend.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Anyway, it's over, I passed and got a glowing review and now I never have to set foot in that place again... deep breathe and let it go....
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm down another 2kgs this week (that's 5kg in 3 weeks!!!!). To say that I'm happy would be a bit of an understatement. I am now into virgin weight-loss territory, I haven't weighed under 90kgs since I was in high school!!!
    This is AWESOME!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    great news Em. You have clearly found your sweet spot re weight loss.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nice work on surviving the psych rotation...did I mention that I worked psych for about 4 years when I was a young nurse? Mostly inpatient, but in a military hospital, so none of the chronic type patients, more adjustment disorder, suicidal depression patients, and a smattering of bipolar and psychotic episode cases, and then a year of outpatient day treatment program mental health. Interesting at the time, but it was time to move on and I don't ever see going back there.

Most excellent on the stellar movement past your plateau! I'm starting to play around with the big protein breakfast thing too, and not being quite so liberal on the fat. It seems to be working so well for a lot of women. A bit strange after waiting to eat till noon or later, as I've been mostly doing for months.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Congratulations Em! Way to go surviving the crazies AND a big congrats on the virgin territory! You are bustin' it! SO proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    This is AWESOME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    great news Em. You have clearly found your sweet spot re weight loss.
    I know, right!?! I just can't believe it! I had to tighten my belt another notch today, I've gone from this belt not even going around me to 1st, 2nd and now 3rd hole all in about 6 weeks! I keep catching myself in the mirror and thinking "who is that?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Nice work on surviving the psych rotation...did I mention that I worked psych for about 4 years when I was a young nurse? Mostly inpatient, but in a military hospital, so none of the chronic type patients, more adjustment disorder, suicidal depression patients, and a smattering of bipolar and psychotic episode cases, and then a year of outpatient day treatment program mental health. Interesting at the time, but it was time to move on and I don't ever see going back there.

Most excellent on the stellar movement past your plateau! I'm starting to play around with the big protein breakfast thing too, and not being quite so liberal on the fat. It seems to be working so well for a lot of women. A bit strange after waiting to eat till noon or later, as I've been mostly doing for months.
    No, I didn't know you did psych. I could easily handle the work if the staff weren't so crazy. I actually enjoyed the patient interaction. Like your old job, this was an open ward, so nothing too bad. Lots of depression, schizophrenia, psychotic episodes and BPD (don't you love them!?). I'm sure not every mental health facility is the same, but this ward just had more than it's fair share of strange staff.
    Yeah, getting used to eating breakfast after IFing till after lunch like I have been for the last 6 months took some getting used to, but making the change has clearly been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Congratulations Em! Way to go surviving the crazies AND a big congrats on the virgin territory! You are bustin' it! SO proud of you.
    Why thank you Lady!

Well, not much going on here at weight-loss central. I've just finished nights and looking forward to having my kids home for the school holidays. I've got all sorts of cool thing planned.
    Our graduate program applications are open until Monday next week, so I'm knee deep in selection criteria atm. I'm still applying for the theatre program and am already looking at the various post-graduate opportunities that are available. I'm tossing up between a Masters of Clinical Nursing in peri-operative nursing or doing a Masters of Nursing Education. My aim is to get into university teaching so I'm thinking the second one may be the way to go. Ideally in a year or so, I'd love to be working in theatre 2 or 3 days a week and teaching at Uni for another couple. I have a background in education (not school, I used to travel around the country training people to use a new computer system in my old career back before I had kids) and I always loved it and seemed to be good at it. I have till August to make up my mind anyway, any thoughts?

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em - that weight loss totally rocks!! I'm soooo stoked for you.

Re mh crazies - these are the people I try to teach. I'm taking a moment for self-pity here - they're the most rigid, illogical, controlling and irresponsible people I've ever worked with!! Some are amazing and a total delight, but many are 'required' by their managers to come to me and get educated, lol. I'm only human . . .

Re Uni teaching - it's a fantastic job to aim for. Make sure you get the most out of your practice, though, as teaching is nothing without having clinical credibility.

Enjoy the holidays. My baby has just left school and has a job, so for the first time in 24 years I have no kids at school. Makes it sound like I'm so very old, lol.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Re Uni teaching - it's a fantastic job to aim for. Make sure you get the most out of your practice, though, as teaching is nothing without having clinical credibility.
    I hear ya, but I have been practising for a while already just as an EN rather than an RN, which on my ward means I can't hold the S8 keys, other than that my job is exactly the same. I'll have a fair bit of experience to bring to the class when the time comes.

I've been looking at another hospital to apply to, it's a private one near Kings Park. It's a beautiful hospital and the biggest bonus is that they will pay for me to do my masters! I'm going to apply there as well as at my hospital and then see who makes the better offer when I'm accepted (positive thinking here, when, not if ).

I went through my wardrobe yesterday. I had to chuck out a huge rubbish bag full of 'fat-clothes' and I found some pants that had been sitting at the back of my wardrobe, bought on sale for 'someday.' Well, 2 pairs fit beautifully now, 1 pair I can get on but they're tight and 2 pairs I've missed completely, they swim on me! I'm loving my 'new' wardrobe!

It's cold and rainy here again! Arts and crafts with the kids today I think, plus I have to finish my job applications... yikes!

Job applications done.

Another 1.8kg gone this week.

Off to see Harry Potter tonight.

Woohoo!