Page 95 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 95

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    You look flat-out fucking awesome, Em!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    You are a beautiful woman!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Wow!
    Excellent!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

datto54 is offline Member
    way to go chick! lovin the jeans!!! and there are definite changes in the progress pics!!! any chance of you sharing a bit of a menu of what you have been eating since you have upped the protein?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks folks, I'm blushing over here!

As for a menu, it's fairly simple really. I have a good sized protein breakfast. I find that having some lean meat with 2 or 3 eggs the best way to get enough protein in. I don't usually need lunch, but will have a BAS if I do. I have a normal primal kinda dinner, steak/fish/chicken etc with some veg or salad.

The main other thing I'm doing is measuring out my added fat. I find that using smaller amounts still tastes as good but I was way to heavy-handed before. So I measure out a tablespoon of cream for my coffee, I measure out a tablespoon of olive oil for my salad, I measure out a teaspoon of butter for my vegies. I would have been using easily double that amount before without even thinking and it shot my calories way too high for weight-loss, although it's great to know I can maintain my weight being that liberal with the good fats.

I eat fruit for dessert if I have any; apples, pears, berries, the odd banana (I'll eat more of those when the price comes back down) and I don't snack... AT ALL!

The protein breakfast and the no snacking are the cornerstones of the Leptin fixing program. I find after that big breaky though that I really really don't need anything else till my next meal anyway.

Fitness is just simplefit (still stuck on level 2!) and walking. I'm not a big workout fanatic at all.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Nice job Em! Glad you put up bigger pics of the smaller you. Now we can see your pretty face. I may start adding protein to my breakfast too.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Nice ass!
    ^ This and then some more of this.

datto54 is offline Member
    thanks Em! i know its just the basics, but sometimes it just helps to hear it from someone else who is having success!

I weighed yesterday for the first time since quitting smoking and I have put on 4 kgs so needless to say I have snapped out of the slackness and started my day with a lamb chop. didnt really have time for anything else as i was late out the door but got a big protien an veg lunch in and im feeling much more sated then i have been.

thanks for fighting the good fight, you inspire more than just me im sure.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the compliments, you all make me smile .

I only have 3 days left of my clinical placement, I'm glad it's nearly over, it's a bit boring and full-time shift work sucks! I'm looking forward to a sleep in on Saturday!

I hope you're all doing ok, I'll catch up with all your journals on the weekend when I finally have 5 minutes to myself.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You look great, Em! Well done!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.