Page 91 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 91

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Good work on the weight loss and arm definition. I'd like to say you inspire me to exercise (and you do really) however, my self motivation is just non bloody existent at the moment.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    yay to having an experiment that's working!

i started to go crazy with all of the various experimenting i was doing--unsuccessfully :\ but i'm hoping that this time around it will be much easier... i've learned that fat intake is highly overrated--i started to eat too much fat and i could feel in my body that it was too much... there truly is something to be said about finding that "right" balance for each of our unique bodies... i miss being in the gym but maybe staying active on the forum will keep me motivated so that by the time i'm done with this "stuff" i'll be ready to hit the workouts like i used to keeping OFF the fat i put back on and toning up again

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I'm playing "catchup"

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I did my level 2, day 1 Simplefit workout yesterday. As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

1 pull-up
    3 push-ups
    4 squats

I did 26. I must be getting stronger because, although I can feel that I worked out, I'm not crippled like I was last week.
    Hmmm, I may have to check out this Simplefit...

I was just about to post my foods for yesterday as usual, but you know what? I really can't remember and I don't really feel like posting my grub. I'm not tracking in any other way and I don't really feel the need to report it anymore. I'll just post when I eat something super-delicious.
    I'm starting to feel the same way...

Other news.....? I love my boyfriend, he's the best. He cooked my kids breakfast and took them to school this morning so that I could leave early for my study day. Not only was it unfamiliar territory for him, it also made him late for work. But he did it cheerfully knowing that he was helping me out.
    He's awesome.
    Very Awesome!

I had a great start to my day today. Picture this, my older, slightly loose jeans are in the wash, I need to grab something to wear quickly to take kids to school. I pull out Aus size 12 jeans from cupboard that I tried on the other day (remember? got them on, a little too tight to wear comfortably), say to myself 'these are going to not fit properly.' Actually, pull them up, button, zip, no problem. They're snug, but because they fit well, not because they're too small. i can sit down to put my shoes on without passing out or holding my breath... Yay!
    Excellent!!

I then proceeded to have the worst fat day! I felt huge and frustrated by my inability to lose weight.
    When this happens - remember the jeans...

Anyway, I've no reason to believe I won't get the program at Charlies, I know it's competitive, but I'm awesome.
    Yes, you are!!!

The photo session was kinda weird. It was just me and another young boy who is from the Engineering department. We'd never met before but had to pretend to be studying and laughing together. Was odd, but ok. The photographer had no idea when the story is going to run but I'll be sure to post a link or scan the piece if it's going to be hard copy only.
    Yes, please do!

I have always wanted to try climbing and I'm so glad I finally did, it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!
    Excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Not to venture too far into the realm of Too Much Info but no one should ever doubt the health benefits of rabid circus spider monkey sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    haha love how this terminology is evolving.
    Hahahahaha!! This is the best one yet!!

Also, now that I've discovered that I love climbing, I have even more incentive to get stronger!
    Yes!

I'm loving the extra arm definition I'm getting from this program, I would have quite a gunshow if it weren't for the batwings!
    heeheehee
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Hey doll... nice to see your experiment is working for you! I was thinking about it and realizing that I'd unconsciously been doing the same thing. My meals are mostly steak with sweet potato, or eggs and sweet potato and some veggies.. or salad with chicken and eggs and -- well you get the picture. It's been a lot of protein, decent amount of carbs (veggie/sweet potatoes) and some fat, but not a ton (mostly avocado, olive oil and the fat from the meat). It's definitely been working for me, though I don't weigh.

I've been delinquent from the forums. I just got burnt out on being online in general. I have a lot on my plate and have been figuring out how to balance everything and take more time for myself. It's going well, though. Missed ya!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    yay to having an experiment that's working!

i started to go crazy with all of the various experimenting i was doing--unsuccessfully :\ but i'm hoping that this time around it will be much easier... i've learned that fat intake is highly overrated--i started to eat too much fat and i could feel in my body that it was too much... there truly is something to be said about finding that "right" balance for each of our unique bodies... i miss being in the gym but maybe staying active on the forum will keep motivated so that by the time i'm done with this "stuff" i'll be ready to hit the workouts like i used to keeping OFF the fat i put back on and toning up again
    Yeah, I'm a bit guilty of doing multiple experiments too, mind you, I don't see the point of sticking with something when it's not working. I've been doing a fair bit of reading up on leptin, there's a bunch of threads on MDA plus I bought the Mastering Leptin book. It makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Hmmm, I may have to check out this Simplefit...

When this happens - remember the jeans...
    Simplefit is great and easily customised to substitutions for those of us who can't quite manage the full pullup and pushup yet.

I am feeling quite awesome in my jeans now and trying to focus on my smaller size. I had to start wearing a belt with them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    I've been delinquent from the forums. I just got burnt out on being online in general. I have a lot on my plate and have been figuring out how to balance everything and take more time for myself. It's going well, though. Missed ya!
    I'm glad you're finding a balance even though it means we see less of you.

Well, it's official weigh day and the 800g stayed off so I'm back into virgin weight-loss territory at 400g less than my last lowest low. I even worked night shift this week, so maybe the protein/fat thing has some merit.
    I know I swore off tracking before, but it's been a useful tool this week to see where I'm at with what I'm eating. I was eating waaaaay too much fat and not nearly enough protein so I've been rectifying that. I've also been experimenting the last 2 days with getting a good amount of protein first thing in the morning. It'a a hard habit to get into and I've found so far that not eating after 7pm makes it easier as I'm hungrier in the morning then.
    It's not really any great hardship to do what I'm doing, I'm not hungry or feeling deprived; it just takes a little more planning to make sure I'm getting the protein I need. I bought some kangaroo mince this week as it's a great source of lean protein. I made mexican roo mince last night to have with nachos, a strange mingling of cultural tastes but it worked, it was delicious!

Simplefit judgement day sees me on level 2 for another week as I suspected. I did the Aussie pullups on the lower bar and I had to keep stopping every 2 or 3 for a break so it took a long time to get through 13!

Anyway, I've got to head to the airport to pick up my Ma, have an awesome weekend everyone!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Well, it's official weigh day and the 800g stayed off so I'm back into virgin weight-loss territory at 400g less than my last lowest low. I even worked night shift this week, so maybe the protein/fat thing has some merit.
    Hope it becomes a trend! Are you looking to weigh in against at the end of this week, just to see if things continue to progress?

That mexican kangaroo sounds awesome! Damn. Now I'm hungry. Luckily I picked up some London Broils at the butcher earlier.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad things are working better now! I'm thinking about trying to tinker a bit with the macro % too. It's just logical.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, great that the protein is working for you!! Jeans with a belt is a whole new concept, lol. You ready to post a photo yet??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hope it becomes a trend! Are you looking to weigh in against at the end of this week, just to see if things continue to progress?
    I weighed yesterday actually and am down another .5kg which makes 1.3 (2.8lbs) in total last week. The combo of high protein in the morning, no snacking and watching the fat intake really seems to be doing the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm glad things are working better now! I'm thinking about trying to tinker a bit with the macro % too. It's just logical.
    Hi Rita! I'm glad too, here's hoping it continues....

Just a quick check-in after my busy family weekend. I drank too much red wine and played guitar hero more than is probably healthy, but DAMN it's fun, especially cos I beat everyone. The weber got a great workout with lots of lamb and beef cooked this weekend, I've got two lamb leg bones and a stack of meat leftover to make a soup with this week too.

As mentioned above, the weight is still coming off. I seem to have hit the right amount of calories with the right macros now. Cutting my coffee habit from 3 cups a day to one was a real easy way to cut about 400 fat calories! I'm still having a little trouble getting 50g of protein down in the mornings, but it helps not eating anything in the evenings after dinner. It definitely makes me hungrier come breaky time.

I'm off to hit the mall with my Ma today which will be nice, some kid-free girly-time. No work tonight either, which makes for a happy Monday.

I'll catch up on all the journals when I get some spare time, I hope y'all are doing well and having/had a great weekend. <3

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Yeah, great that the protein is working for you!! Jeans with a belt is a whole new concept, lol. You ready to post a photo yet??
    Sorry Jac, we cross-posted. Photos will be coming at the end of next week when I do my quarterly update.