Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 9

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do so hope you find one. I haven't been so lucky here. Hopefully, this hormone issue is just that and that it's temporary. Positive thoughts!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    I have a bunch of spice mixes from our local Indian grocery -- thanks for reminding me to try them! I tried garam masala first and got so addicted that I just throw that on everything, but it's time for me to branch out!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
    Sorry to hear that things seem out of whack for you and hope that you feel better soon and get your energy up! Sending good thoughts and vibes your way!
    Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    +1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    I do so hope you find one. I haven't been so lucky here. Hopefully, this hormone issue is just that and that it's temporary. Positive thoughts!
    Thanks guys and girls. I've had a shitty weekend feeling sorry for myself, but I'm hopeful I can get things sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    I have a bunch of spice mixes from our local Indian grocery -- thanks for reminding me to try them! I tried garam masala first and got so addicted that I just throw that on everything, but it's time for me to branch out!
    Hi Ellie... branch away, you won't regret it!

I read a book on the thyroid over the weekend. This book (Why am I still having thyroid symptoms when my lab tests are normal? by Dr Kharrazian) has been recommended to me by a variety of people as being the definitive book on hypothroidism. I found it very interesting and learned quite a bit. It's certainly given me some things to talk to my new GP about and a couple of bloodtests that I'm going to ask for.

One of the things that the book suggests is to do an elimination diet for 3 weeks. It's a way of finding out what foods may be a trigger for the autoimmune reaction against the thyroid. So starting today, I am cutting out dairy and eggs. Gluten is the other one I have to eliminate but I'm already on board with that one obviously. I've also decided to not drink any alcohol for the same period.... Gulp...... That's going to be the biggest change I think as I drink a few times a week at the moment. Luckily my BF wants to cut out the booze too so at least I won't have to watch him drink while trying to abstain. I guess I'm kinda doing my own version of the Whole 30, except I'm doing a Whole 21

So here on Day 1, these are the health issues that I'm having that I want to address...

Severe excema on my hands, wrists and lower legs
    PMS symptoms including black moods and tender boozies
    Fatigue, dizzyness (related to low BP) on standing and bradycardia (my resting pulse is about 48)

Any, none or all of those things could be related to my hypothyroidism. If I am able to get some medication to treat it from this new GP, I guess we'll find out.

I've also initiated a pretty full-on supplementation regime based on Dr K's recommendations. I'm taking some herbal remedies that assist thyroid and adrenal function. I'm taking 8700iu vitamin D, selenium, zinc, fish oil, EPO and a good multi. I need to get some vitamin C tabs and I think I'll have all my bases covered.

I'm working tonight, so that's going to be interesting with this damn fatigue I'm experiencing, plus my hands always flare up due to the constant washing and hand sanitiser use. Grumble, moan, whine

Anyway....

Day 1 of Whole 21

Breakfast: Cup of coffee with coconut cream (had to ditch my crack creamer as it's made with egg)
    Lunch: I'm gonna have beef and chinese brocolli
    Dinner: Fish and stir-fried veg

Overnight snacks will be nuts, 85% Lindt (dairy-free! woo-hoo), veg crudites with black olive tepanade, fruit.

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Oh, good luck on your Whole 21. I know you can do it! I will be looking forward to seeing you figure out what's going on with your thyroid. That will be a great help to you, I bet.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Lots and lots of luck to you! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and all that.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks lovely peeps

Day 2

Breaky: Non-existant was sleeping off night duty
    Lunch: Couple slices hot salami, some coconut butter and my supplements (which are almost a meal in themselves these days)
    Dinner: Minced beef fried up with a boatload of kale in a new Indian spice mix... Meh, should have stuck with the Chaat, is waaaay better. Kombucha

Saw the new Doc today. Not impressed! He was a very sweet old fella, but um'd and ah'd and agreed that I was definately hypothyroid based on my labs and symptoms and that I should probably see someone knowledgable and maybe I should get some more labwork taken at another lab and then said cya! No referral, no lab request. I seriously think the old dude has lost it!
    I've found a Thyroid support group here in WA today and they recommended a clinic that has some good docs there apparently, so that's what I'll try next.
    I gotta tell ya, it'a frustrating as hell when you realise that you know more about the condition you suffer from than most doctors do. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have to rely on them to treat me for the fucking thing!!

Anyway is 9pm and I am dead on my feet. Goodnight all, have a great Tuesday, it was awesome

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    The best doctors I've ever found were actually referred through some of the better local hospitals. They had referral phone number posted on their websites.

Hoping you feel better today, EM!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Good luck at the new clinic! Hope you get the tests, etc., that you need.

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi - was listening to my backlog of Jimmy Moore podcasts while working around the house yesterday - this one was especially fascinating and made me think of you. Not to be all annoying with unwanted advice ... just thought you might be interested in this guy's take on the whole hypothyroid deal.

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/s...azian-episode/

Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast