Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 51

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Remember that I'm English originally, so I still get a kick out of seeing roos. Since becoming primal though, I can't stop thinking about how tasty they look!
    LOL I'm the same way. It's horrible I know, but whenever I see an animal I wonder... Hmm... how would you taste?

As for the stomach bugger, what about garlic? It's quite a germ fighter. I've heard people use it to de-worm cats even.

I'm sorry, bad comparison but you know... lol

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and ginger too! It calms the stomach and digestive system... I'm thinking that garlic/ginger tea with lemon might be good!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

afaqanjum28 is offline Member
    I think I'm going ok. I definately overdid my first LHT workout and was out of action for days, consequently I didn't get 2 in last week. I did one this morning though and I feel great (so far!), I've been easily managing the 'moving frequently at a slow pace' thing what with my hiking and dog-walking. I have yet to do any sprinting though. I think perhaps I should try that in the pool, I don't know. I'm definately not up for running and I don't own a stationary bike. really hungry tonight. No IFing for me, I've had a hard-boiled egg, some slices of salami and now a tin of kippers! Not sure where I'm going to turn next if this doesn't fix it, the damn prawns are still frozen so we won't be eating them. The kids are having some pea and ham soup that I made a while back from the freezer, but that's too carby for me. Maybe I'll make a protein shake if I still feel hungry later. I only had peppermint tea and water in the fasting period. It really wasn't hard at all! My stomach was making a few grumbling sounds in bed last night but it wasn't uncomfortable. I'm gonna go again today I reckon.
    My triceps and delts are still a bit sore today, too much to do another LHT workout today so will leave that till tomorrow. Will get some walking in today though with the monster-dog, might hit the dog beach and get the legs pumping in the soft sand

Plan for yesterday... check, check and check..

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget to get some good probiotics in...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I have a weird random post on my blog... odd?!

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    LOL, and yes, I saw UP. Love it!!! When I'm giving Jinxie her scratches after I get home she gives me that "I Love YOU" look, and I always hear that voice in my head!
    I hear that too when Charlie is 'talking' to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    As for the stomach bugger, what about garlic? It's quite a germ fighter. I've heard people use it to de-worm cats even.

I'm sorry, bad comparison but you know... lol
    I don't mind being compared to a cat, although... worms...?! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Oh, and ginger too! It calms the stomach and digestive system... I'm thinking that garlic/ginger tea with lemon might be good!
    Mmmm garlic tea, my breath! I think I may defrost some of my chicken broth and dump a dollop of coconut oil in it and a generous handful of garlic cloves. No vampires for me tonight.
    Speaking of vampires, I get crazy, sexy dreams about being seduced by a vampire, I always have, even before the whole Twilight thing. Turns out I'm not such a freak after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Dont forget to get some good probiotics in...
    Thanks Suse, I am taking my probiotics religiously.

Well, I couldn't sleep last night, it would've been 3am at the earliest before I dropped off, got woken at 9.30 by my f@#king neighbour and his f#$king chainsaw! Ah well, I should sleep well tonight.

I feel good this morning, but then I haven't eaten anything yet either. I seem to do fine so long as I don't eat anything. Obviously that is not a long-time idea for a cure though. Will keep up with the coconut oil and add some garlic today and see how I go.

I'm heading into the city today to try on some VFF KSOs. There's finally a store in Perth that sells them!! I have a weird, stumpy middle toe (next to the great toe) that has a shortened tendon at the back, so it curls under. Because of this, I worry that VFFs will have extra toe pocket flapping around so I've been unwilling to buy them online without trying them. If they fit well and feel comfortable though, I may come home with a pair today!! If not, I'm going to look into the Merrell Pace Gloves. I have been wearing Nike Frees which are a nice halfway shoe between regular runners and barefoot shoes, and I really enjoy hiking in them, so I think I'm ready to transition.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I feel good this morning, but then I haven't eaten anything yet either. I seem to do fine so long as I don't eat anything. Obviously that is not a long-time idea for a cure though. Will keep up with the coconut oil and add some garlic today and see how I go.

I'm heading into the city today to try on some VFF KSOs. There's finally a store in Perth that sells them!! I have a weird, stumpy middle toe (next to the great toe) that has a shortened tendon at the back, so it curls under. Because of this, I worry that VFFs will have extra toe pocket flapping around so I've been unwilling to buy them online without trying them. If they fit well and feel comfortable though, I may come home with a pair today!! If not, I'm going to look into the Merrell Pace Gloves. I have been wearing Nike Frees which are a nice halfway shoe between regular runners and barefoot shoes, and I really enjoy hiking in them, so I think I'm ready to transition.
    Hope you're feeling better. Idk about garlic but I second the ginger tea idea.

I loved the movie "Up" so much I watched it three times. That is exactly what my dog does when a squirrel goes by. I have darn near lost a rotator cuff as he dashes off chasing it.

You should probably be fine with VFFs. The people who have problems with them are the ones who have stumpy curled under little toes. I love mine even for trail hikes and half marathon walks.

Speaking of vampires, I get crazy, sexy dreams about being seduced by a vampire, I always have, even before the whole Twilight thing. Turns out I'm not such a freak after all!
    Oh you're so not a freak- lol. My sister and I are going to get "fanged' on Saturday. I used to wear them all the time but they don't match my (now whiter) teeth so I need a new set. They're top and bottom canines- more like a kitty cat or wolf set. I do have much more of a thing for were-animals (like the leopards in the Anita Blake series) but anything that bites is just HAWT. Really starting to like the American version of Being Human with the wolfie and the vamp. Couple of totally cute guys.

A chainsaw at 9:30!? WTF. Give him hell.

I hope the VFFs fit! I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of wearing nothing but VFFs (except two very cold days this winter.) Will not go back to shoes. Ever. I hope you can get them. You'll absolutely LOVE them, and they have some perfectly cute styles coming out this spring and fall!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You should probably be fine with VFFs. The people who have problems with them are the ones who have stumpy curled under little toes. I love mine even for trail hikes and half marathon walks.
    I want them for hiking the trails, so that's good to know.

Oh you're so not a freak- lol. My sister and I are going to get "fanged' on Saturday. I used to wear them all the time but they don't match my (now whiter) teeth so I need a new set. They're top and bottom canines- more like a kitty cat or wolf set. I do have much more of a thing for were-animals (like the leopards in the Anita Blake series) but anything that bites is just HAWT.
    I know right! I used to have all this guilt growing up as I'd have super-kinky dreams about being seduced by an evil (but incredibly hot) vamp and I'd wake up feeling incredibly horny and guilty at the same time.
    I wanna see pics of the fangs! You are being a bad influence on me atm, I have to pass my piercing place to get to the grocery store and I keep wanting to go in and get my labret done... Must fight the urge!!

I hope the VFFs fit! I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of wearing nothing but VFFs (except two very cold days this winter.) Will not go back to shoes. Ever. I hope you can get them. You'll absolutely LOVE them, and they have some perfectly cute styles coming out this spring and fall!
    I loved them!! There was some toe space at the end of my weird toe, but not much and it didn't interfere with movement at all. I tried the KSOs and the Sports but liked the KSOs better. They didn't have black so I had to order them in, but they should be here early next week. YAY!!
    If I buy any more though, I'll get them shipped over from the US, they were pretty pricey here, especially considering the US and AUS dollars are almost 1 for 1 right now.

I think I'm mostly recovered from the dreaded bug. I ate lunch and dinner yesterday and so far so good. One thing I've learned from this? I like fasting through the morning. I can do it easily and I feel good doing it.
    I've lost 2 1/2 kilos while I've had this which sees me at my lowest weight in a year! I know that the return to normal eating will see some of that come back and that's fine, but I think with IF as part of my daily life, it is certainly easier to eat a little less, which can only help the weight come off.

Eats yesterday:
    B: Coffee
    L: Chicken noodle soup with tons of garlic (rice-stick noodles) and a whole broccoli head.
    D: Belated St Paddy's Day dinner. Beef sausage with Colcannon. Wow, seriously good!!
    S: 3 brazil nuts, 2 squares of G&B 85%

I really need to buckle down into my studying. I'll be on prac before I know it and just struggling to get through the day, let alone get any study done! I need to be up-to-date before I start.

I need to stick to plans that I make instead of wasting time doing stuff, that while fun, does not achieve my goals. I have to stop being a 'gunna!!'
    You know... 'I'm gunna do this and I'm gunna do that." Just bloody do it!!!!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    So glad you're feeling better! You know I had my stressful couple of weeks and wasn't eating much and from that I realized I don't need as much as I was eating, and I do really well going until noon or sometimes later fasted. Especially when I eat high quality stuff, I really am satiated on so much less... wierd. I have had a couple of higher appetite days which I definitely indulged because I figured I needed it, but I'm not eating when I'm not hungry because I always feel like poo when I do!

I envy your VFFs! I might consider getting a pair soon... I need to go try them on as well, though I have LONG-ass toes... and my second toe is longer than the big one.

Oh, and I love me some vampires! There's a couple of good series out... Kim Harrison has a witch series with vampires and other things, and then Kelly Armstrong has a great series with werewolves (with other stuff thrown in as well). And Patricia Briggs.. that's werewolves as well but some other things, and of course the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. (I love the Anita Blake stuff too, ESPECIALLY the first 6 or so books. I've lost track though, so I need to figure out where I left off and get back into it...)
    Last edited by Minxxa; 03-16-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

So glad you're feeling better! And big yay for the Vibrams! They're so awesome. I know other brands are making VFF-like shoes but I couldn't imagine wearing anything else.

I've been IFing through the morning for the last few days and it's going well. It's not exactly on purpose- I end up waking up and leaving for work with no time to eat, so lunch and dinner are typically within 6 hours of each other and I'm done. It's a nice little groove.

I have the "gunna" syndrome too. It's hard sometimes but your have such a positive attitude so I'm sure you can do it.

Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast