Page 49 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 49

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm going through one of my, um, ah, not sure what to call it. Every few years I feel the urge to do something different. It could be my job, where I live, my relationship, anything really. I get really impatient with sameness,
    So, consequently I feel rather hemmed in and stuck and believe me, this is not a good way for me to feel, I'm likely to do something impulsive and stupid when I feel trapped. I will try hard not to do that of course, but I know me.
    *nod*

While physically I have strong roots to one place, I totally get the "GAH! I NEED CHANGE!" feeling. (Thus the current bout of body mods- septum, new hair and fangs all in one month.) Sometimes you just have to break out of the usual and do something different.

I nod at your want for GREEN. Green is lush and beautiful and abundant. I'm totally with you on that and would definitely go for planning to be there when you're ready for it. Until then, maybe find a safe, smaller impulse to satisfy?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I had a haircut, it's all levelled off at one length finally and it looks purty.
    Photo?

I went to a training session for a literacy program that I've volunteered for at my kids school.
    iLike

Charlie had a haircut too and looks about half the dog he was this morning. He can see again now which is great, he kinda had that adolescent hiding-behind-the-fringe thing going on.
    Photo??

I'm going through one of my, um, ah, not sure what to call it. Every few years I feel the urge to do something different. It could be my job, where I live, my relationship, anything really. I get really impatient with sameness, I blame my parents and the fact that I've been moved all over the place as a Navy brat my whole life. Anyhoo, I'm having one now. I want to move.

So, consequently I feel rather hemmed in and stuck and believe me, this is not a good way for me to feel, I'm likely to do something impulsive and stupid when I feel trapped. I will try hard not to do that of course, but I know me.
    I don't know that feeling...

I live within 10 minutes of where I grew up, within 10 minutes of where both of my parents grew up, within 10 minutes of where my husband and his father grew up...my kids go to the same high school that my parents went to...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    *nod*

While physically I have strong roots to one place, I totally get the "GAH! I NEED CHANGE!" feeling. (Thus the current bout of body mods- septum, new hair and fangs all in one month.) Sometimes you just have to break out of the usual and do something different.

I nod at your want for GREEN. Green is lush and beautiful and abundant. I'm totally with you on that and would definitely go for planning to be there when you're ready for it. Until then, maybe find a safe, smaller impulse to satisfy?
    Yeah, I definitely need to do that. Pete keeps saying, finish your degree, get your grad program done and the world is your oyster. He's right of course, nursing can take you anywhere. Patience is my problem of course. Maybe, I'll go get another tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Photo?
    I'll get onto it today.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I don't know that feeling...

I live within 10 minutes of where I grew up, within 10 minutes of where both of my parents grew up, within 10 minutes of where my husband and his father grew up...my kids go to the same high school that my parents went to...
    My family in the UK are like that. They all live within 15 miles of where the family has lived for about 5-6 generations. We really broke the mold!

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    How kind you are, Em. Those kids are lucking out to have you as a tutor.
    Oh, I don't know about kind, but thanks. It seems to me to be everyone's responsibility to ensure that the next generation is literate.

I have a stomach bug I think, I've had diarrhoea for 2 days now and I feel crappy. I nearly threw up in the middle of the night last night.
    I'm going to fast today to try and flush it out.

Eats yesterday:
    I didn't really eat much because of afore-mentioned bug. Some coffee, a couple of pork rinds, a couple of slices of gluten-free pizza. That was it.

Exercise:
    Extra rest day declared due to bowel troubles and DOMS that won't go away.

That's all today, I got nothing.
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 03-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.

I just saw this on CaveGirlEats blog and I like it, so I'm pinching it.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, feel better!

Thanks Ellie

It's 3pm and I've had nothing except 2 coffees (one caffeinated, one decaf) and fingers crossed, I'm feeling better. I'm feeling a bit hungry but I think I'll stay off the food for a while longer.

It's a shame as Pete was going to take me out to our favourite Indian restaurant tonight. I think that would be a very bad idea right now though.

denise is offline Senior Member
    I just saw this on CaveGirlEats blog and I like it, so I'm pinching it.

nice one - good "pinch"

Well, I'm all better I think. Although I still don't feel hungry. I've been fasting now for about 40 hours with the exception of coconut cream in 2 cups of coffee. Shouldn't I be hungry by now??

It a gorgeous day here today. A balmy 29*C with a lovely fresh breeze. I think Pete and I are going to head to the local National Park with a rug and a book, have a little hike around and then laze on the grass. Our kids are with our respective ex's today so it's just the two of us.... very relaxing.

Eats:
    B: Coffee
    L: Coffee
    D: nothing

I drank lots and lots of water throughout the day and I think the bug has been flushed. I guess only eating solid food will tell for sure.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em - I'm Jacquie, from NZ, a nurse researcher and lecturer at U of Auckland, although I live just south of Hamilton. I was reading about your lusting after Queenstown - I used to live in Dunedin, so know a few people in Queenstown. It's totally beautiful in terms of scenery, but not very green and kind of weird in terms of community. If I won lotto, I'd choose between central Otago and northland where my tribe is from.

Nice to meet you!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Suse is offline Senior Member
    you havent realised it yet em.... you've got the post holiday blues. Plain and simple. It'll pass.