Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 48

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    you know a bit of chilli is supposed to be good for fat fighting I love chilli, especially when it makes my eyebrows sweat!
    I love chili too, but this was like instant mouth blister... not at all pleasant!

Ok, I need to post and run today. I'm spending far too much time online and not enough studying. This has to change.

I feel like crap today, I woke up in the foulest mood and I have no idea why. It feels like a PMS bitch-slap except I just finished my period. Hopefully I'll cheer up as the day progresses.

Eats yesterday:
    B: Coffee and 3 brazil nuts
    L: Lamb and broccoli with tuber-hash
    D: Beef sausages with mashed potato and broccoli, 4 squares 85%

Exercise:
    'A' workout from NROLFW. Have taken all the weight from my squats until my form is right. Air-squats are getting much better and I can get nice and low (thighs below parallel), I'll go back to adding weight next week I think.
    Day 3/week 1 100pushups program.

DOMS today are concentrated in my quads and adductors (? - the ones in the inside of the thigh). My triceps and shoulders are also giving me a little trouble, but I love it.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're getting where you want to be, even with the odd pissy day thrown in. Good stuff
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    OMG I'm horrible about being so scheduled. I really ought to shake it up more.

Sometimes you just wake up feeling cranky. I hate it when that happens but tend to embrace it- and just let people know "Look, I'm cranky today. Watch out." The mood generally passes by mid-day.

It's a good kind of pain. Nothing like achy muscles to remind you that you did something worthwhile. Way to go chica!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    The kindle has this awesome e-paper technology that makes it exactly like reading from a paper book. It's not backlit at all, so there's no eyestrain. I highly recommend it.
    I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in Chapters.
    Of course the actual purchase will probably have to wait until I get a "real" job...

Yeah, I feel better already! This injury used to take me off my feet for a week, but one day later and I did a full night shift without even being strapped up! I credit the barefoot beach walking with the extra strength.
    Glad you're feeling better

So, work was good. Crazy Italian lady was still on the ward but she wasn't mine last night, thanks goodness! I had a nice, easy sane bunch of people to look after.

Hold onto your hats people..... I did my NROLFW workout! It's only been about a month since my last one!
    I have serious DOMS in my butt and quads from the lunges though (which I did holding a bar to support my ankle).
    YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    there is nothing worse than ButtDOMS.
    heeheehee

I was listening to Art De Vany on an Underground Wellness podcast yesterday and he said something that resonated with me, well he said several things that did actually, but this in particular. He was talking about routine and how we have been told that routine is necessary for us.

His basic prescription is don't have one! Eat your good foods but mix up when you eat them. Don't eat every meal at the same time, don't IF at the same time. Mix it up! Workout when you have the energy to do it and rest when you feel lazy.

I'm probably not explaining it very well, I highly recommend you download the podcast and have a listen, it's very interesting.
    Which podcast is this one??
    And where would I find it??

My energy levels are really coming back. I think the meds, the starch, the stars-in-alignment and the universe are finally all working out for me. I feel good, I want to exercise again, my appetite is under control, I'm getting less sleep but it seems to be of a higher quality because I'm not tired all day (except on Monday/Tuesday cos of work). I also (although, of course I'm not really thinking about this... ) think I'm losing bodyfat. I refuse to get on the scale anymore than once a month, I really don't want to go there again. But the old favourite test (how does my belly look) seems to be giving me good news.

Rest day. I think 10 hours on my feet is enough for a Tuesday.
    Yea! for the return of your energy levels!

And yes. 10 hours is enough
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Which podcast is this one??
    And where would I find it??
    I'm subscribed through I-Tunes to the Underground Wellness show, but here's the link to the episode through blogtalkradio. Hopefully you can link to it from there. If not, just subscribe through I-Tunes and it's the Feb 7th episode.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I too am finding my ankle better after just a day when I'd normally be hobbling for days!. Maybe thats primal for you!

hope your cranky mood improved!

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Sounds like you're getting where you want to be, even with the odd pissy day thrown in. Good stuff
    Thanks Peril, I'm getting there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    OMG I'm horrible about being so scheduled. I really ought to shake it up more.

Sometimes you just wake up feeling cranky. I hate it when that happens but tend to embrace it- and just let people know "Look, I'm cranky today. Watch out." The mood generally passes by mid-day.

It's a good kind of pain. Nothing like achy muscles to remind you that you did something worthwhile. Way to go chica!
    Thanks DR, I kind of embrace it too, especially when I'm here by myself which I am today (lucky for the kids, they're in school ). I'm starting to lift a little, but I need to get out of the house and I need to study and the two don't mix. I'm just on here quickly while I eat my lunch then I think I'll give the books another hour then I'm going to the beach. The ocean fixes everything.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Em, I have so totally given up scheduling for the most part! Now, Of course I have a certain amount of stuff (work, school) that is "scheduled", but other than that I try to go with how I feel that day. Yesterday I took the pupper on a long walk and afterward just did NOT feel like lifting. So I didn't! And I'm good with that... I'll lift this weekend sometime, but I'm also doing mad yardwork on Saturday and that will work me out something fierce!

Not sure what I'm doing this weekend, as the boy child will be here so we'll play it by ear, but there will be some movie watching with him for sure.

And wine tomorrow night.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    I'm jealous of your ButtDOMS! I almost never get DOMS lately after a "workout" (by which I mean dicking around with this or that from PBF) -- I know it's because I feel like I'm so much further behind physically than everyone else here on the forums, and so I don't push myself at all. Because, you know, THAT will help solve the problem! Argh! *laughs*

I can't do a real plank pushup either ... though I feel like I'm failing better than I was before! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I too am finding my ankle better after just a day when I'd normally be hobbling for days!. Maybe thats primal for you!

hope your cranky mood improved!
    It did, thanks. Glad to hear your ankle is getting better so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Em, I have so totally given up scheduling for the most part! Now, Of course I have a certain amount of stuff (work, school) that is "scheduled", but other than that I try to go with how I feel that day. Yesterday I took the pupper on a long walk and afterward just did NOT feel like lifting. So I didn't! And I'm good with that... I'll lift this weekend sometime, but I'm also doing mad yardwork on Saturday and that will work me out something fierce!

Not sure what I'm doing this weekend, as the boy child will be here so we'll play it by ear, but there will be some movie watching with him for sure.

And wine tomorrow night.
    Mmmm, wine... (Imagine I'm saying that the way homer Simpson says 'donuts' ) I didn't lift today either, my DOMS were still too sore so I decided to give myself an extra rest day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    I'm jealous of your ButtDOMS! I almost never get DOMS lately after a "workout" (by which I mean dicking around with this or that from PBF) -- I know it's because I feel like I'm so much further behind physically than everyone else here on the forums, and so I don't push myself at all. Because, you know, THAT will help solve the problem! Argh! *laughs*

I can't do a real plank pushup either ... though I feel like I'm failing better than I was before! Ha!
    I haven't worked out for a month and I'm only just getting back into it now so I doubt you're that much further behind me. Now if you're comparing yourself to people like Batty and Unsuperb, well then that's just asking for a big dollop of inadequacy!

Good day today, I had the worst night's sleep and woke up at 5am but hey, I feel really good! Whattup with that!?

I had a haircut, it's all levelled off at one length finally and it looks purty.

I went to a training session for a literacy program that I've volunteered for at my kids school. It's to help the kids who are being left behind in their reading and writing. I am such an avid reader and the idea that anyone could be deprived of the pleasure that books can give is terrible. I'm really looking forward to helping these poor kids and seeing them catch up with their classmates.

Charlie had a haircut too and looks about half the dog he was this morning. He can see again now which is great, he kinda had that adolescent hiding-behind-the-fringe thing going on.

Eats yesterday:
    B: Coffee and 3 brazil nuts
    L: Lamb and kale cooked in masala mix over a small serve of rice
    D: Prawn stir-fry with vegies and rice noodles, a couple of tequilas and orange

Exercise:
    Rest day, SORE!!!

I'm going through one of my, um, ah, not sure what to call it. Every few years I feel the urge to do something different. It could be my job, where I live, my relationship, anything really. I get really impatient with sameness, I blame my parents and the fact that I've been moved all over the place as a Navy brat my whole life. Anyhoo, I'm having one now. I want to move. I'm fed up with Perth, it's lovely, but it's hot and dry and brown and I've BTDT now. I want to live somewhere green, I can't decide whether I want cold and green (New Zealand maybe) or hot and green (tropical Queensland perhaps), but I know that I want to live somewhere else.
    The problems with this desire are many and varied;
    I have kids who theoretically should stay within driving distance of their father.
    I have another 10 months or so till I finish my degree and then I really need to complete a 12 month Grad program in order to be employable anywhere in the world.
    Completing said grad program will be really hard to do with my kids as it's full-time shift work and nursing shifts (0700-1530, 1300-2130 or 2100-0730 - 7 days a week) do NOT work around school hours and I have no family near by to help out.
    I kinda love my boyfriend and don't really want to leave him, but by the same token, we don't live together and have no plans to anytime soon.

So, consequently I feel rather hemmed in and stuck and believe me, this is not a good way for me to feel, I'm likely to do something impulsive and stupid when I feel trapped. I will try hard not to do that of course, but I know me.
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 03-11-2011 at 01:45 AM.