Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 46

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Have fun!
    It's cold and raining here
    Sorry to hear about that, it's gorgeous here.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Mmm.... I miss corn chips. They were my favorite and my dad's too. I could eat a whole bag of those without thinking. The nachos sound fantastic, as do the tequila shooters!
    Yeah, I love corn chips too, especially the plain, salted ones. Can't stand those flurescent orange things! I only ate a 1/4 packet of plain Mission tortilla chips and I refuse to feel bad about it. I haven't eaten them in months and probably won't for another six.

Whatcha readin?
    A Jack Reacher novel. I'm on the fourth in the series now. I love them, complete escapism and easy to read adventure stories. I'm also still working through The Goddess Path, think I've found one but I wanna wait till I've finished to decide. I'm also reading The Scarlet Letter, it's was one of my freebie classics from Amazon. I'm enjoying it, I love the old English writing. It may be confusing (my bestie thinks I have ADD), but I usually have a few books on the go. As I said to my friend (who is an avid TV watcher, while I never watch anything except the occasional movie), you can follow the plot (and I use that term loosely ) of all your favourite TV shows, why is following the plot of several books any different? Her answer... "Because you have to think about books!" Obviously it's just me.

The beach yesterday was fantastic, the water was warm and the surf was up. The kids and I rode our boogie boards, well the twins rode theirs, Jamie and me rode his together, he is only 5. We stayed all afternoon until we had sand in every orifice, were salt encrusted and totally exhausted. Came home and showered together (I have a shower over my big corner spa) and had a delicious and huge dinner. Nothing like the beach to sharpen the appetite! I adore my kids, they really have things to teach us about living in, and enjoying, the moment.

Pete and I are taking all our kids to a local National Park today. We're taking meat and salad to BBQ there. We're going to do a bit of hiking and maybe take a row-boat out on the lake. There's also a tour of the linestone caves (there are caves everywhere around here) which we may take also. Is gonna be a good day.

Eats yesterday:
    B: Leftover taco beef and tuber-hash with 1/2 an avocado and a spoon of sour cream
    L: At the beach, some dried fruit and a few nuts
    D: A baked potato with butter, more leftover taco beef, cheese and sour cream, 2 squares opf 85% and a bowl of frozen blueberries with clotted cream on top. YUM!!
    S: Coffee with cream and 3 brazil nuts

Exercise:
    Yes I did some.... really!!!
    3 hours of surfing and swimming
    I started the 100 push-up program. So Level 1 - Day 1 of that.
    I am easing myself back into things so I don't screw up my new-found energy levels. I don't wanna wear myself out by doing too much too quickly. I have to say though, it felt good to be doing something.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    It may be confusing (my bestie thinks I have ADD), but I usually have a few books on the go. As I said to my friend (who is an avid TV watcher, while I never watch anything except the occasional movie), you can follow the plot (and I use that term loosely ) of all your favourite TV shows, why is following the plot of several books any different? Her answer... "Because you have to think about books!" Obviously it's just me.
    I LOVE this!!!
    I ALWAYS have at least 2, if not more books "on the go" at any one time. My friends have wondered how I do it too

The beach yesterday was fantastic, the water was warm and the surf was up. The kids and I rode our boogie boards, well the twins rode theirs, Jamie and me rode his together, he is only 5. We stayed all afternoon until we had sand in every orifice, were salt encrusted and totally exhausted. Came home and showered together (I have a shower over my big corner spa) and had a delicious and huge dinner. Nothing like the beach to sharpen the appetite! I adore my kids, they really have things to teach us about living in, and enjoying, the moment.
    This sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

Pete and I are taking all our kids to a local National Park today. We're taking meat and salad to BBQ there. We're going to do a bit of hiking and maybe take a row-boat out on the lake. There's also a tour of the linestone caves (there are caves everywhere around here) which we may take also. Is gonna be a good day.
    So does this

Exercise:
    Yes I did some.... really!!!
    3 hours of surfing and swimming
    I started the 100 push-up program. So Level 1 - Day 1 of that.
    I am easing myself back into things so I don't screw up my new-found energy levels. I don't wanna wear myself out by doing too much too quickly. I have to say though, it felt good to be doing something.
    Yes! She's BACK!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a fantastic time, Em! I am jealous!

*sniff* I miss the beach, even if it was a frigid 10 degrees water all year round. I could see the horizon all the way to Greenland.

Here is my favourite beach back home:

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    It may be confusing (my bestie thinks I have ADD), but I usually have a few books on the go. As I said to my friend (who is an avid TV watcher, while I never watch anything except the occasional movie), you can follow the plot (and I use that term loosely ) of all your favourite TV shows, why is following the plot of several books any different? Her answer... "Because you have to think about books!" Obviously it's just me.
    You sound just like me in that respect - I have no attention span for tv and usually only watch it with my boyfriend or if I'm sewing, but I could spend all day reading. I always have such a hard time picking books for trips, because if I take too many, there's not enough room for clothes and such, but if I take too few, I run out of things to do on flights/drives because I read too fast, haha.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely fantastic. All of it.

I'm one of those people who can't really follow more than one book. I like to pick one and blaze through it. Been reading too much serious non-fiction. It's about time for some escapism. There are a few new books in the Anita Blake series I've been meaning to get to.

100 Push Up Program! Woot! I failed todays. Only got 10 out of 13 in the final set, but I'm doing better than where I started, so it's working. Just slowly.

The day at the beach sounds wonderful, as does the barbecue, and the caves! Such fun

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I'm a one book at a time kind of gal, although ocassionally I will have two.. eg when I was reading GCBC, I really needed something else to break that up! I love the Reacher books. You'll get to about book 9 or 10 though and might start to get a bit fed up with him.

Your day at the beach sounds fab.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    *sniff* I miss the beach, even if it was a frigid 10 degrees water all year round. I could see the horizon all the way to Greenland.
    Your beach looks gorgeous. A mite cold for me, but very picturesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    You sound just like me in that respect - I have no attention span for tv and usually only watch it with my boyfriend or if I'm sewing, but I could spend all day reading. I always have such a hard time picking books for trips, because if I take too many, there's not enough room for clothes and such, but if I take too few, I run out of things to do on flights/drives because I read too fast, haha.
    That's why I bought a Kindle. I was able to take dozens of books on holiday, all in my carry-on bag! Just as well too, as I got through 4 while on holiday.

100 Push Up Program! Woot! I failed todays. Only got 10 out of 13 in the final set, but I'm doing better than where I started, so it's working. Just slowly.
    What sort of push-ups are you doing? Please don't tell me that you're doing proper grown-up ones or I'll feel totally inadequate! I'm using a bench that's about a foot and a half off the ground and I'm only on rank 1. I can do loads more on my old hip-height bench I was using, but I figured it's better to start harder and push myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I'm a one book at a time kind of gal, although ocassionally I will have two.. eg when I was reading GCBC, I really needed something else to break that up! I love the Reacher books. You'll get to about book 9 or 10 though and might start to get a bit fed up with him.
    Yeah, I can see that. I usually read one and then do another couple by different authors before I go back to him. They're good fun though.

I am tired! I was up till 2ish reading. Alarm at 7am this morning. Blegh. I hate Mondays, I have to force myself to have too little sleep so that I can sleep in the afternoon for work tonight. Tuesdays are also wiped out because I have to sleep for half of them and then feel like a zombie for the rest of the day. Groan, grumble, moan.

Anyhoo... yesterday was great fun except for the fact that I went over on my ankle and re-buggered my old injury, so I'm strapped up and limping. Oh, did I mention I have my period? So yes, today I need shooting.

I have class at 11, then I'm going to come home, veg in front of a movie and hit the sack around 2-3pm. I'm hoping and praying for a better shift than last week.

Eats yesterday:
    B: Piece of cheese, cup of coffee with cream
    L: 2 beef sausages and salad, some 85%
    D: Bunless burger with cheese, bacon and sauerkraut, some more 85%
    S: Latte from Macca's with sugar.

Exercise:
    5km hike, followed by 500m lurch with bad ankle.

Gonna try Iniquity's suggestion on the Pull-up challenge thread today. I can't do anything on my pull-up bar yet, so I'm hoping this interim move will help me build up my strength. Should be doing day 2 of week 1 on the push-up challenge too but am worried about my ankle. I think I'll do knee push-ups instead to take the pressure off of it.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ouch damned ankles. why do they have to be so fragile...

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    LOL Em... sorry... yes full blown grown-up dude push ups. I'm in the middle column. Rank 2 then? It's HARD. I find myself having to repeat days at least once. I'm improving, albeit slowly. You'll totally be doing dude push ups before ya know it.

Ohh so sorry to hear about your ankle! Ouch! I hope it feels better soon. Poor girl, all hurtin' and bleedin'. You need bacon. And yes go to the knees until the ankle feels better.

And ya know it still throws me off you're some 12 hours ahead of us.

Wait what's this suggestion on pull-ups? I SUCK at pull-ups and really need help.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    That's why I bought a Kindle. I was able to take dozens of books on holiday, all in my carry-on bag! Just as well too, as I got through 4 while on holiday.
    I've been debating getting a Kindle, but I'm not sure if I'd like it.
    I know I can't read on my iPhone4 for very long, it bothers my eyes...
    What's it like to read??

Ohh so sorry to hear about your ankle! Ouch! I hope it feels better soon. Poor girl, all hurtin' and bleedin'. You need bacon.
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy