Page 45 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 45

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's a wonderful quote! I can relate... but it often gets me into trouble. You're not by chance and Aries are you?

Mmm.... Greek yogurt. I miss that. And blueberries... come on summer.

Congrats on dropping the Bali weight, and OMG your food. Salmon and avocado sushi... now that sounds so delectable and indulgent.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    Just popping in to say Hi! and telling you I do read, I just don't have much to add.
    That's ok, I'm the same sometimes. It's nice to know that I'm not talking to myself, even if you have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    That is a cool quote. And it sounds like you have a pretty cool life, too.
    Well, sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's a bloody nightmare, but that's what you get when you bore easily I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    That's a wonderful quote! I can relate... but it often gets me into trouble. You're not by chance and Aries are you?

Mmm.... Greek yogurt. I miss that. And blueberries... come on summer.

Congrats on dropping the Bali weight, and OMG your food. Salmon and avocado sushi... now that sounds so delectable and indulgent.
    Not an Aries, LOL, although Pete is, apparently the best match possible for my sagittarian-cusp-of-capricorn madness.

The salmon and avocado sushi was repeated yesterday too. It is delectable at the place I buy it, they are not stingy with the sashimi salmon either, so it's really tasty and filling. My mum just bought me one of those tools that turns your rice and fillings into a perfectly formed tube of awesomeness, so all you have to do is wrap your nori around it. Prepare yourself for a sushi extravaganza over the next week or two as I play with it. I'll be making dessert ones out of chocolate rice with mango slices in or something before you know it. Don't think I'll wrap that one in nori though.

So, the increased starch is still going great. My energy levels are improving so well. I know the meds will be having some effect too, but I know that the extra starch is helping.

I made up the sweet potato/yam/beet/onion/garlic hash last night. I cooked it until it almost completely collapsed. I had it for breakfast this morning and it was divine! Just as well really as I have a ton of it now! I think it'll go well with everything though. I had it with eggs for breaky.

Not much going on really, still not exercising, although I'm seriously considering hitting the pool in a minute. It's hot and humid here (still!). I really should be studying but I can't be arsed. Oh dear!

Eats:
    B: Coffee with cream, HB egg and a handful of grapes.
    L: Salmon and avocado sushi
    D: Grass-fed, gluten-free beef sausages (tomato, feta and garlic flavour), mashed potato, green beans and carrots.
    S: A couple of norcal marguaritas

What's the primal thoughts on Chia seeds? I got a great recipe for a chia seed vanilla pudding yesterday and I'm curious what the position is. Does anyone know?

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    No idea but i presume its a seed and I use it. I made a chia and coconut pudding and it was awesome. You basically put the seeds into the coconut milk and let stand for 30mins. Then eat!

peril is offline Senior Member
    The vegie hash sounds good

I stay away from seeds. The ALA in chia is basically useless to us, so its just more oxidisable PUFA = inflammatory
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    my sagittarian-cusp-of-capricorn madness.
    *Zodiac twin fistbump*

batty is offline Senior Member
    you are living up to your username

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Wow Em what a crazy night at work! LOLz sometimes I luv my completely rote, boring stress free job. (Especially on Fridays when I spend a lot of time catching up on my reading!!)

Glad you liked the hash!! Keep us updated on the starches. Seriously it's the difference for me in being energetic and satiated and happy (at least in my short experiment). Interestingly I had two days this week where I didn't ahve my sweet potatoes/yams. One day was a chicken balsamic salad -- after which I was hungry 2-1/2 hours later... and then yesterday I had a whole foods chicken salad and eggs and then some cauliflower and banana-- and again was hungry after about 3 hours. :-/ Last night after the whole foods debacle I went home and had some ground beef, 2 fried eggs and 1/2 sweet potato and felt LOVELY. We'll see how it goes...

Nice visit with mom!

And hell, go for the pool.. even if you just float around it sounds heavenly!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    The vegie hash sounds good

I stay away from seeds. The ALA in chia is basically useless to us, so its just more oxidisable PUFA = inflammatory
    Ah, I thought being touted as the Omega-3 seed they's be a little less harmful, darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    *Zodiac twin fistbump*
    Hey Ellie, my sista from another mista! What date is your birthday? I'm the 21st (have we had this conversation?).

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    you are living up to your username
    I like that! Thanks Bat-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Glad you liked the hash!! Keep us updated on the starches. Seriously it's the difference for me in being energetic and satiated and happy (at least in my short experiment). Interestingly I had two days this week where I didn't ahve my sweet potatoes/yams. One day was a chicken balsamic salad -- after which I was hungry 2-1/2 hours later... and then yesterday I had a whole foods chicken salad and eggs and then some cauliflower and banana-- and again was hungry after about 3 hours. :-/ Last night after the whole foods debacle I went home and had some ground beef, 2 fried eggs and 1/2 sweet potato and felt LOVELY. We'll see how it goes...
    Starches = Win, I've decided.

Totally lazy day yesterday, did sweet f-all. I didn't go to the pool or do any study! I did start a new novel though!

Eats:
    B: Tuber-Hash (sounds like the name of a rock band ) and scrambled eggs
    L: Breaky was late so nothing.
    D: Nachos: taco beef, cheese, avocado and sour cream on corn chips.... Yeah I know, shoot me now, I ate some corn, but DAMN they was goooood!

I also may or may not have had a couple of tequila shooters, the detritus of salt and decimated lemon slices on my chopping board may also be related to dinner preparation... who knows?? Oh yeah, the shot glass, well, um.......

Off to beach today with the kids, it's cooled down a bit today so I'm packing up the kids and the dog and we're going to go frolic.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Totally lazy day yesterday, did sweet f-all. I didn't go to the pool or do any study! I did start a new novel though!
    Those are the BEST days

Eats:
    B: Tuber-Hash (sounds like the name of a rock band ) and scrambled eggs
    L: Breaky was late so nothing.
    D: Nachos: taco beef, cheese, avocado and sour cream on corn chips.... Yeah I know, shoot me now, I ate some corn, but DAMN they was goooood!
    Tuber Hash, iLike

Bang!

I also may or may not have had a couple of tequila shooters, the detritus of salt and decimated lemon slices on my chopping board may also be related to dinner preparation... who knows?? Oh yeah, the shot glass, well, um.......
    hahahahaha
    well, it goes with the nachoes

Off to beach today with the kids, it's cooled down a bit today so I'm packing up the kids and the dog and we're going to go frolic.
    Have fun!
    It's cold and raining here
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Haha! Tuber-Hash. Love it!

Mmm.... I miss corn chips. They were my favorite and my dad's too. I could eat a whole bag of those without thinking. The nachos sound fantastic, as do the tequila shooters!

Sometimes ya need a day off.

Whatcha readin?