Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 44

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, nice one. I love that feeling of 'hmmm, I could have something to eat now. Or... maybe not'. The ultimate in controlling your food without it being the other way around. I do it five-six days a week now, it's great.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I fasted! I didn't mean to or intend to but I wasn't hungry when I woke up, so I just had my coffee. Went to get my Ma and bought a white coffee on the way. Got home, thought 'mmmm, not hungry, I'll wait till I am.' 3pm and I finally thought 'yes, that's hunger!'

Holy shit, who would've thought that eating more starch and less protein would have a better effect on satiety than the other way around!

I'm stoked, I haven't been able to IF comfortably at all since starting PB and I would love to add it in once a week or once a fortnight.
    Wonderful!

and enjoy the time with your mom
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Yay on the successful IF! Maybe you're finding your zone.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I had to read up on adiponectin a little, but I have to say that it sure would be helpful to have some of that floating around.
    From wikipedia "Levels of the hormone are inversely correlated with body fat percentage in adults" Nice!
    Doesn't seem to be so clear. High levels of adiponectin = good, but is found in those with low body fat. Low levels of adiponectin = (apparently) bad, and is found in those with high body fat. It's a bit of a conundrum given that it's produced by adipose tissue. One idea is if you can supplement a person with adiponectin (who appears to be deficient), they could lose the fat. Dun dun dun

Have an awesome time with your mum! Glad she's out of nature's clutch, so to say.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Yes, nice one. I love that feeling of 'hmmm, I could have something to eat now. Or... maybe not'. The ultimate in controlling your food without it being the other way around. I do it five-six days a week now, it's great.
    It would be very cool to get there. After a lifetime of being controlled by food, it feels kinda cool to think I may be turning it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Yay on the successful IF! Maybe you're finding your zone.
    Oh my lord, I hope so! So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Doesn't seem to be so clear. High levels of adiponectin = good, but is found in those with low body fat. Low levels of adiponectin = (apparently) bad, and is found in those with high body fat. It's a bit of a conundrum given that it's produced by adipose tissue. One idea is if you can supplement a person with adiponectin (who appears to be deficient), they could lose the fat. Dun dun dun
    This adiponectin is interesting stuff, the fact that it's produced by adipose tissue, yet is deficient in people with a lot of it (adipose tissue I mean). Must be some odd feedback-related things going on there. Wonder whether it's high in those horrible people who can eat and eat and never gain a pound, I'm guessing it probably would be.

Just a quick check-in as I have to go pick-up my kids.

It's great having mum here, I don't think I've washed a dish in 3 days! Seriously though, it's been great. Chatting, laughing, putting the world to rights and drinking all my duty-free booze.

Work last night was the most fucked-up shift I've ever worked. The pm shift who handed over to us must have sat on their arses all friggin day. I had an IV drug user who was constantly trying to hit me up for meds. I had a crazy Italian lady with no English who kept pulling at her dressings, IV lines and me. Kicking and screaming all bloody night. I had a poor lady with a leg injury and a UTI which meant she needed putting on the toilet about 10 times overnight, then she got seriously hypertensive and I had to spend a lot of time sorting her out so that she didn't bust a gasket, all the while, crazy, Italian lady is screaming like a banshee and keeping everyone awake, so they were all on the bell, complaining, wanting to know what we were doing to the poor woman (trying to stop her ripping her newly fixed eye out of her head was the answer). I was kicked, scratched, punched and screamed at all night. I spent the whole 11 hours physically restraining this poor demented woman in between running from one end of the ward to the other and I had no break, not even 5 minutes, no food, no coffee, fucking nothing! I was exhausted this morning and of course, so bloody wired I couldn't fall asleep.... Gah!! I foresee a couple of large vodka and tonics in my immediate future.

Got my new meds yesterday, DHEA and Melatonin. Will be interesting to see how I go with adding those into the mix. That's 4 hormones I'm taking now!

Food is still good. The increased starch and decreased protein seems to be still working well for both energy and satiety. It's also ensuring that I eat a lot more balanced meals now. Low-carb makes it too easy to grab a chicken leg or a HB egg and call it lunch. If I have starch then I kinda have to cook which means I make the effort to prepare something well-rounded with veggies too. It's all good.

Back to uni properly this week, had my first skills class yesterday. Learned how to scrub and gown for theatre, which will be useful given one of my practicums is in theatre this semester. Felt really strange being back though, the people I'm with now were first years when I took my hiatus, I don't know anyone. Still, it allows me to focus on my work without distraction.

Overall.... mood is good. I'm feeling good, I feel like my meds, my diet and my life is starting to sort itself out. Mind you, the PMS fairy will be paying a visit next week, so we shall see how I fare then.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a night! That's insanity! I hated being wired after a shift at the restaurant. You lay down to sleep and you hear all the noises you've been hearing for the last um-teen hours. It's awful. It does sorta leave you feeling a bit like Super Woman at the end though.

Your mood and energy do seem really good in spite of the "night of terror."

Aww sounds like time with your mom is wonderful. I haven't been spending as much time with my parents as I used to. I miss it. Haha the booze doesn't hurt. LOLz

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Wow, what a night! That's insanity!

Your mood and energy do seem really good in spite of the "night of terror."

Aww sounds like time with your mom is wonderful.

Haha the booze doesn't hurt. LOLz
    +1

I was gonna "Like" Diana's post, but there isn't a like button???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Heard an awesome quote today...

Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.

I love this, I guess it's because it sums up my life. Whether it's moving across the country just cos, deciding to go live in a third world country for the experience, walking away from my marriage or deciding to leave my very well paid career to study to do something with less pay but that's far more rewarding. I just do it and deal with whatever happens along the way. I worry sometimes that I may be a little impulsive, but I figure if I played it safe I would still be stuck in the same town, with the same man in the same job. That may be great for some people, but it sounds awful to me.
    My parents have a lot to answer for I think, dragging me all over the country and then across the world for my entire childhood so that I never spent more than a year anywhere has made me flighty!

Just dropped Mum back at the airport. It's been great having her here, I'll have to do my own damn dishes now!

I am eating a lot less. It's not deliberate. I'm either not hungry or, because I'm trying to have protein, starch, veg and fat in every meal/snack, it means there's nothing easy to grab to eat. I think I need to keep some sushi or rice paper rolls made up in the fridge. I also bought some yam and beets today to make a hash with some sweet potato (thanks Minxxa! ). If I've got that in the fridge it'll give me a nice easy starch source to grab when I'm hungry.

I jumped on the scales today as I needed to weigh Charlie for his worming tablets, I've lost over 3kg of the Bali weight which is great since I haven't been trying. I guess it stands to reason that quickly gained holiday weight will come off fairly quickly too.

Eats yesterday:
    B: Blueberries and greek yoghurt, coffee with cream
    L: Salmon and avocado sushi
    D: Roast lamb and salad

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to say Hi! and telling you I do read, I just don't have much to add.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    That is a cool quote. And it sounds like you have a pretty cool life, too.