Page 41 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 41

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    heh, if it is any consolidation I have the post-holiday blues all the time. Hope your mum is ok in the middle of everything.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Sun and Bone (hey that sounds like a good name for a pub, wanna meet at the Sun and Bone later for a beer? he-he ).

Yowzers, some people have got their panties in a bunch on the forums atm. Makes me wanna hibernate away in the journals section with all you sane people.

Mum is fine, the cyclone just missed them although there was still a little damage from the 130km/hr winds. Mum's place is fine though, thank goodness.

I had the best night last night, just me and my fella and we had one of those giggling sessions over something I said. You know the sort where you're crying, holding onto your sides and can't look at each other without dissolving again? God I love it when that happens.

Still haven't shifted my butt and done any exercise. I think I may hit the pool this afternoon, it's just too hot for the beach or walking today. My weight bench is gazing at me reproachfully every time I walk past it and my kettlebell made me stub my toe on it this morning, so I know I'm neglecting my iron. Bad Emma!! Someone please kick me up the arse!!

Eats are still a little hit and miss, but I'm getting better. I had a reccy of my freezers this morning and am going to make a list of meals that I can make with their contents this afternoon. I am being an idiot and buying more meat when I have a shit-ton in the freezer. Plus I have another 10kg of grass-fed beef arriving on Saturday, so I really need to clear some freezer space.

So, eats for yesterday:
    B: Sleeping
    L: Salmon tail with chilli and shallots (thanks Sun!) with a green salad.
    D: Pork sausage, slice of cheese, coconut butter, some 85% (gotta stop eating that at night, it messes with my sleep)
    Snacks: Coupla coconut coffees

I have my follow up appointment at my new doctors this afternoon. I'm hoping he will up my Armour dose as the 1 1/2 grain per day dose is not really cutting it. I'll be interested to see what he makes of my lab results, especially my low ferritin levels. I see iron supplementation in my future.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I have my follow up appointment at my new doctors this afternoon. I'm hoping he will up my Armour dose as the 1 1/2 grain per day dose is not really cutting it. I'll be interested to see what he makes of my lab results, especially my low ferritin levels. I see iron supplementation in my future.
    I'm glad you posted this as I was wondering how you were doing on Armour. Please be aware, low ferritin levels can mimic hypothyroid symptoms. Low ferritin can also inhibit thyroid function-- more specifically, T4 to T3 conversion.

Also important to note, if you start iron supplementation it needs to be taken at least 4 hours away from thyroid meds.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Marcadev, I was wondering about that. T4 to T3 conversion is my problem. My T4 levels are fine and I have no thyroid antibodies (this doc tested both types).

Not sure how I would take iron 4 hours away from thyroid since both Armour and Iron supps should be taken on an empty stomach.. argh! I currently take my Armour at around 7am and 3pm. Maybe take my iron late at night? It's really hard to time all the supps around my meds. What do you do?

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yes the world has gone mad. mother nature is pissed I think.

and yes at times the forums get a bit ugly. I do not understand why people just cant accept that someone else has a differing opinion and get over it. Not that I've seen a lot of madness since the SV days.

hope your mum stays safe.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I take thyroid meds in the morning, iron before lunch and the rest of my vitamins, including calcium, at bedtime. Iron is the one I tend to forget.

Calcium needs to be 4 hours away from thyroid meds AND 4 fours away from iron as well. It is definitely a juggling act to get everything in appropriately.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Yowzers, some people have got their panties in a bunch on the forums atm. Makes me wanna hibernate away in the journals section with all you sane people.
    What did I miss?

Mum is fine, the cyclone just missed them although there was still a little damage from the 130km/hr winds. Mum's place is fine though, thank goodness.
    So glad to hear that.

I had the best night last night, just me and my fella and we had one of those giggling sessions over something I said. You know the sort where you're crying, holding onto your sides and can't look at each other without dissolving again? God I love it when that happens.
    Love, love, love those moments!

Still haven't shifted my butt and done any exercise. I think I may hit the pool this afternoon, it's just too hot for the beach or walking today. My weight bench is gazing at me reproachfully every time I walk past it and my kettlebell made me stub my toe on it this morning, so I know I'm neglecting my iron. Bad Emma!! Someone please kick me up the arse!!
    *straps on her boots* Alright! Let's go!

Nah, it's hard when you miss workouts to get back into them. I find I generally have to work back into them. A good swim might be just what you need to get the ball rolling again.

Eats are still a little hit and miss, but I'm getting better. I had a reccy of my freezers this morning and am going to make a list of meals that I can make with their contents this afternoon. I am being an idiot and buying more meat when I have a shit-ton in the freezer. Plus I have another 10kg of grass-fed beef arriving on Saturday, so I really need to clear some freezer space.
    Send some here! I'm getting frightfully low.

Salmon TAIL? As in the tail, tail? Makes me curious.

Chocolate messes with your sleep? I was wondering if mine was messing with my sleep, but then I thought "Nah, it's all in your head." Maybe not...

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Who said we were sane??

This is good

Those are the best...I can't remember that last time that happened

My weight bench is gazing at me reproachfully every time I walk past it and my kettlebell made me stub my toe on it this morning, so I know I'm neglecting my iron. Bad Emma!!

Good luck
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em!! I was wondering about you with all that naturey chaos going on in your neck 'o the woods. Glad you're doing well, though the post holiday blues SUCKETH!

Whenever we have weather/earthquake patterns like that I always tell my children "the end of the world is nigh". they just laugh at me thank goodness...

I'm not sure about the forums, I haven't been around much and when I do it's mostly to read in the journals. Having been around here a year and a half I've noticed it comes and goes. Some people are very very sensitive to certain issues, some people have NO sense of humor, and some people can't translate written words without adding feelings and emotions (most of which are their own). Frankly I've never understood getting all flummoxed by something some person you don't know and have never met and never will writes on a forum somewhere!

But yeah... I prefer the peeps I prefer... and most of the time the common thread is intelligence and humor in abundance. Hee hee...

So interesing about your T4 levels. If you don't need T4 I'm wondering why you're taking any? If your T4 seems to be in range and it's a conversion issue, than it seems to me (in my oh so humble NOT medical opinion) that T4 only therapy would be more in order as well as looking at things that might be keeping you from converting properly. Giving you more T4 that you're not converting can be problematic, because your body MAY store that extra T4 as Reverse T3 which tells your body to store fat and takes up the receptors you need to absorb your T3 so it's even less effective. Not that it WILL do that, but in some people it does...

I'd have to do some research on T4-T3 conversion stuff, but I do know that some micronutrient deficiencies can cause it... B12 is a biggie in that arena. I'll try to get more info, since I need it as well! I do know that the year I've been primal, and especially the last few months being more strict I have gotten TONS better in the energy department. My systems seem to all be working a lot better and I'm making progress. I think a big part of that is eating more meat and veggies and some more supplements so that I'm getting a lot more nutrients than I was (and eating/drinking a lot less toxic crap!)

As for timing, I take my synthroid in the evening (I usually don't eat after 4 or 5, so I got a good 5-6 hours after food before my pill), and then in the a.m. I take my multi, iron and D (and sometimes potassium). I use my spray magnesium in the afternoon along with various other things (vitamin C and ashwagandha and holy basil a few times a week), and I take my cytomel in the a.m. around 8 or 9 and in the afternoon around 1 or 2 sublingually (under my tongue) so that it processes into my system avoiding my stomach (especially since my tummy was in such bad shape previously and I think I wasn't absorbing stuff like I should.)
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Chocolate messes with your sleep? I was wondering if mine was messing with my sleep, but then I thought "Nah, it's all in your head." Maybe not...
    I ate half a bar in the evening once and it kept me up for ages, so yeah I think it really can mess with your sleep. Maybe it's the caffeine? I never drink coffee or non-herbal tea, so maybe I am that easily affected by it, I dunno.