Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 3

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Had the most bloody awful night's sleep, I ate too much at dinner and so was kept awake half the night with acid reflux, plus my bloody dog was restless and kept whining and scratching and barking, bloody little sod. So the benefit of my early bedtime was ruined and now I'm tired... whinge whinge, moan moan...

Anyway, due to my enormous dinner, I'm not really hungry this morning so am settling for a coupla coconut coffees, plan for the rest of the day....

Lunch: mixed plate with some kippers, HB egg, green salad, avocado and coconut oil tea

Dinner: San choy bow made with pork mince as I don't have any chicken, gonna eat small and early though, don't want a repeat of last night.

Mustn't forget my wakeme-fortified miso today, I missed it yesterday.

Exercise: Don't think I'll get any in today, full kid's schedule all day. Might dig out the treadmill later, I'll see how I feel.

Ok, the acid reflux seems to be returning with a vengeance since re-introducing starchy foods. I've only included bananas and sweet potato so far, but have had a low-level of discomfort for the last 2 days. I managed to get myself off the reflux meds by going low-carb, I guess I was hoping it was grain related only, however seems that it's carb-related.

I don't know how I'm going to get myself off VLC without some increase in carbs though!

Discovered Norcal marguaritas last night, thanks to Bane's journal. They are damn good and considering I had 3 last night, I suffered very little in the way of ill-effects this morning.

Today:

Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, sweet potato slices fried in coconut oil and coffee with coconut whip (am loving that stuff!)

Lunch/snack: Small avocado and another coffee, 2 brazil nuts with a small chunk of 85% chocolate

Dinner: Will be scotch fillet, roasted asparagus and green beans and a few more Norcal marguaritas

Been a few days since I posted, things have been going ok, experimenting with upping my carb intake without too much starch and did pretty well yesterday. I've re-introduced nuts into my diet and am loving that, I'll see how it effects my weight loss if at all. I'm not going nuts (har-de-har) anyway, just a couple of brazils and a couple of tablespoons of almond/brazil/cashew butter on an apple.

I just discovered creamed coconut in my local Asian deli. I missed them last time cos they're kept in the fridge. What an awesome little snack that is! Just saw off a chunk and nibble

My Ma is coming down from up north tomorrow. It's going to be interesting to see what she makes of my new WOE. I have to focus though, as I normally fall off the wagon when she's around. I don't feel tempted but I'll have to watch those signs and munch on a lump of coconut if I feel like straying. She is a wreck diet wise, very CW. Her GP has just given her amphetamines to help her lose weight! She's hypertensive for fuck's sake! So my job while she's down will be to persuade her not to take them, she could give them to me instead For party purposes, not for weight-control.

Anyway, is too long winded to post my diet over the last few days, suffice to say that it's all been 100% primal. I'm due a LHT workout which I'll get in tomorrow before breakfast. I'm IFing from now till 9.30 tomorrow (17.5 hours).

So.....

Today:

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut whip, Fried up a red onion, red capsicum and a chunk of hot salami and stirred through 2 eggs to make a hash-type thing.

Lunch: Pork crackle with chicken liver pate, a small banana and a couple of squares of 85% chocolate with some macadamia nuts. Oh plus a couple of fried seaweed snacks I bought from the Asian deli.

No dinner

Tomorrow:

Breakfast: Kippers with scrambled egg, an apple with ABC butter, coffee with coconut whip

Lunch: Who knows - Will be out and about with Ma, probably a salad of some kind.

Dinner: Ribeye steaks and green beans. No doubt a glass of wine or 3

I am having the hardest time figuring my insides out!

I have been having digestive issues now, on and off, for the last coupla weeks. I have gurgling gas and bloating and almost constant runs. I ended up popping a loperamide at work last night just to plug myself up!

I have bought digestive enzymes... doesn't seem to help.
    I'm trying to include pro-biotics with every meal, sauerkraut, kombucha, etc..

I have recently upped my fish oil intake to 2 or 3 caps with every meal and am wondering if that might be it. I've read around here that fish oil excess can be like turning on a shit-tap for some people, if you'll pardon the analogy

I'm finding that I'm not coping too well with over-cooked meat either. It just seems to sit like a big ol' lump in my stomach and feels gross. So much so that I've stopped having sausage or bacon for breakfast.

So..... not sure where to go from here. I think I will go easier on the fish oil to start with and will maybe buy some probiotic capsules, man I'm gonna be taking so many supplements that I'll rattle!

On the diet front.... am still dairy free and loving it. My dermatitis is finally clearing up so I think may be related to a dairy intolerance, who knows. Could also be the fish oil or the extra coconut oil in my diet. Either way, it's all good

Only lost a coupla hundred grams this week in weight, but am definately smaller. I have my monthlies this week which always causes me to retain fluid so I look forward to a larger loss next week.

I haven't been moving as much as I'd like, I have a paper due on Friday so spare time is being devoted to that atm. Will get serious about daily movement when that's outta the way.

My lifting heavy things workout is improving. I'm ready to move from wall push-ups, but not quite ready for knees, so am going to put in another step off knee push-ups but with hands on a raised bench. I have no chance in hell of doing a pull-up anytime soon either, so have changed the chair-assisted (which basically only works my legs) to an Australian pull-up, as I have some rings in the backyard on my kids swing set that are chest height and I can get to about 45 degrees under them and do my pull-ups that way. I can actually manage my sets that way and it's isolating my upper body instead of being modified squats, which is what my chair-assisted ones were basically.

I think it was the fish oil. I've cut back to regular amounts and things are back to normal thank God!!

I handed my paper in today with great relief, no more uni now till end of feb next year... Woohoo! Summer is here! Well it was yesterday, 35 degrees and gorgeous, today it rained Still am looking forward to a great summer, I've got lots of books on my kindle just dying to be read and a trip to Bali in Feb planned with the man. I may even look half-decent in a bathing suit by then

Today:

B: Coffee with coconut creamer

L: half a bbq chicken that I bought at the supermarket, the good half... the breasts are still in the fridge

D: Roast lamb, sweet potato and broccoli in lotsa butter

I'm craving chocolate but my 85% is all gone, think I might stir some cocoa into some creamed coconut for a little chocolatty hit.

Exercise: Beach walk with the poochie, need to do a LHT workout tomorrow, it's been over a week since the last one, slack bitch!! Sprinting........ well.... um...... I'll get there, really I will

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I handed my paper in today with great relief, no more uni now till end of feb next year... Woohoo! Summer is here! Well it was yesterday, 35 degrees and gorgeous, today it rained Still am looking forward to a great summer, I've got lots of books on my kindle just dying to be read and a trip to Bali in Feb planned
    I am dying of jealousy right now. We are just cranking up for a long dreary winter in northern California, and I've got a month of final exams and oral presentations and papers due before the holidays. I wish I could magically be transported to your life! Gearing up for summer and trips to tropical islands! Ahhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by jazmin View Post
    I am dying of jealousy right now. We are just cranking up for a long dreary winter in northern California, and I've got a month of final exams and oral presentations and papers due before the holidays. I wish I could magically be transported to your life! Gearing up for summer and trips to tropical islands! Ahhhhh...
    Oh dear! Well, the shoe will be on the other foot in 6 months Good luck with all your finals, I got away with no exams at all for this semester = Happy me

My new tattoo http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...rist-tattooing (for pics), has settled down nicely. I am a very quick healer thank goodness. I am soooooo happy with it, I keep staring at it

Anyhoo...

I lost some more weight this week. Not much (600g) but it ain't nothin'! I didn't workout at all last week except for a couple of short walks, so that may have something to do with it. I had a few very low cal days too, these damn digestive issues are really giving me the shits... literally!!! I can't seem to work out what the problem is, the only common denominator is food. I stopped the fish oil altogether and it didn't stop, so maybe that's not it. Hopefully it settles down soon. Might have an alcohol free week too and see if that makes any difference.

So plan for today...

Early morning beach walk for an hour.... Check

LHT workout.... Check

Breakfast: I had some black pudding, a coupla lightly fried eggs and some spinach tossed in coconut oil. Think I'm gonna have a mango in a minute

Lunch: May IF through today, have to sleep this afternoon anyway for night shift tonight

Dinner (or breakfast): Omelette with avocado

I'm gonna make some egg and salmon maki rolls to take for lunch tonight, plus some apples and nut butter.

Tomorrow: Early morning beach walk again after work, then sleeeeeep

May try to IF through till dinner. Not eating is the only thing that seems to give my belly nothing to complain about, so I may as well go with it

The belly has been gooood! I IFd yesterday till dinner and it seems to have settled it down. I just finished a good breakfast and there are no strange noises coming from my midsection... Woo-hoo!

My delts, pecs, triceps and those ones at the back... rhomboids?? Better look it up...... ah, lats I think, ok they're all killing me! So are my abs. I progressed up a level in push-ups when I did my workout on Monday. I'm now doing L3 incline push-ups and they just killed me! I managed one set of 20, but in the second set I started to lose my form and bend in the middle so I stopped at 15. Pretty damn impressed with myself though My Aussie pull-ups are coming along well too. I am getting quite low under the rings, I may even lower the bar next time to raise the bar.. LOL

Today:

Breakfast: sauteed some kale in bacon fat (YUM!!) and had that with some lightly fried eggs

Lunch: think I might just have a coffee with coconut whip

Dinner: chicken thigh stir-fry with almonds cooked by my fella, sleepover night at his place tonight.

Had a crazy craving for the ghee-popped popcorn that was leftover from making the kids lunches so I gave in and ate it. I had pretty much zero carbs yesterday so I think my body needed it. Damn it was good!! Tracked it in my calorie counter and is only 7g of carbs anyway, so no biggie

Ok, so have decided to follow the likes of Mr and Mrs Fist and Jazmin and post some gratuitously cute puppy pics. This is Charlie, my 11 month old cavoodle (Cavalier King Charles spaniel X Poodle). He's a bit bigger now and thinks he's a big grown up guard-dog, which is kinda nice since I'm here on my own with the kids when the BF is not sleeping over. It's nice to know that no-one can get near the place without him barking his head off

and...

oh alright, just one more

Is he cute as hell or is it just me?!

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh, so cute!!!

Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast