Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 151

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Em, if you are taking 5-6 mcg T3 multiple times a day how many total mcg are you getting each day?
    I was taking that much when I first started out, I rarely take it now. I probably took around 15-20mcg daily back then.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Em that is very helpful. I was diagnosed with Hashi's about 6 months ago but I'm pretty sure I've been hypothyroid for years. Last winter I did VLC for a little while in addition to taking iodine; I think that's what kicked the Hashi's into overdrive. I've never been a big fruit eater but I'm trying to eat more now, I've also started having a carrot a day.

The way you're eating looks very appealing, at the end of the month I'll reintroduce dairy and hopefully I can start making it a part of my diet. Does the dairy have to be skim or can it be lowfat or even regular? I'm not that concerned with losing weight I mainly want to feel better.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Thanks Em that is very helpful. I was diagnosed with Hashi's about 6 months ago but I'm pretty sure I've been hypothyroid for years. Last winter I did VLC for a little while in addition to taking iodine; I think that's what kicked the Hashi's into overdrive. I've never been a big fruit eater but I'm trying to eat more now, I've also started having a carrot a day.

The way you're eating looks very appealing, at the end of the month I'll reintroduce dairy and hopefully I can start making it a part of my diet. Does the dairy have to be skim or can it be lowfat or even regular? I'm not that concerned with losing weight I mainly want to feel better.
    Dairy doesn't have to be skim at all, it just suits my goals right now. The trick is to be aware of overall caloric intake. A problem a bunch of people have had (myself included) when transitioning to higher carb eating, especially from low-carb is to just add a bunch of carbs to the existing diet without compensating by lowering calories elsewhere. This leads to the common refrain of "Peat made me fat, wah!!!" When in actual fact it was the addition of another 600 calories to an isocaloric diet that did it.

I was using full-fat raw milk for quite a while, but a) it's too expensive and b) I was able to skim about a fifth of a 2 litre carton of cream from each bottle of milk so I was eating a LOT of dairy fat. I started to gain extra weight so I dropped to non-fat. As you could see from my 2800-3000 calorie level, I'm not skimping on food. I just eat a lot less fat.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    That makes a lot of sense; I'll pay attention to overall caloric intake when I make the transition.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.