Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 150

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Em! I'm so excited to see you again! Lol at the hound .... I still love them like a crazy woman. They're amazing aren't they?

My new journal is below - I'm finally making some health progress and probably doing hcg in a month or so.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Hi Jac, they ARE amazing, I'm already thinking about getting another one. I'll check out your journal and see what you're up to. Good luck with the hCG, hopefully you have better success than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I think you should post more often!
    I will try. :-) how are you? I hope everything's going well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Emmmmmmmmmmmm, nice to see you! I was wondering how you were getting on. Glad to hear that your life is going well, loving the job, loving pete and everything. love that you have a new dog! Great.

What is Peat inspired primal?

I'm blimmin hopeless at being primal I've decided. I really need to try and get back into it. slowly slowly.
    Hey Suse, good to see things haven't changed! Maybe your version of primal is just a bit different to everyone else's. You're brilliant at Suse-inspired primal.

Peat-inspired means that I'm eating to raise the metabolic rate. That is the foundation of Peat's work, everything else is customisable, to a point. Some things are the same - organ meats, bone broth, fruit, dairy products. The main difference is the ratios, eating for metabolic health means getting the majority of your calories from carbs, specifically sugars, so lots of fruit mostly. Although Peat doesn't have a problem with sugar, he always says that sugars should come from fruit preferably.
    What this means for me is that I get most of my protein from dairy and bone broth and I eat a lot less meat. I don't eat much starch but I eat a LOT of fruit. I also use honey in my coffee and I tend to keep fat relatively low - what I do eat is saturated, mostly butter and coconut oil.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I can't work out how to multi-quote on the new app,so I'll have to make multiple posts sorry.

Hi NW! Good to see you're still around, how's things? The pup is definitely primal, he eats a raw diet of meat, organs, fruits and green vegetables. He also occasionally gets a carob and coconut oil treat when he's been good.
    Things have been fairly good, less so very recently, but overall pretty awesome. I got married this summer
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Congratulations!! That's awesome news, I'm very happy for you

I hope the recent not-so-good thing isn't too bad.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back, girl! Wondered recently how things were for you. Of course, I had no doubt you'd be rocking the OR .

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Welcome back, girl! Wondered recently how things were for you. Of course, I had no doubt you'd be rocking the OR .
    Thanks GS, how's things with you? I must get round to everyone's journals and catch up on the latest. It's my day off tomorrow so I'll have a go then.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Hi Em, I just read your post in Canio's journal that you've healed your thyroid by using Peat's protocol. I have Hashimoto's and am trying to improve my thyroid. I'm in the middle of a month of autoimmune protocol but have been trying to incorporate some Peat things into my diet. So far I've added gelatin (though probably not enough), orange juice and more fruit. I would like to eventually include dairy. I have bone broth every day. Do you think you could give me some pointers? Like how much fruit and gelatin you have daily?

I am so impressed that you are off thyroid meds, I didn't realize the thyroid could be thoroughly healed! At the moment I am taking so many meds and supplements it's quite a chore.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Hi Em, I just read your post in Canio's journal that you've healed your thyroid by using Peat's protocol. I have Hashimoto's and am trying to improve my thyroid. I'm in the middle of a month of autoimmune protocol but have been trying to incorporate some Peat things into my diet. So far I've added gelatin (though probably not enough), orange juice and more fruit. I would like to eventually include dairy. I have bone broth every day. Do you think you could give me some pointers? Like how much fruit and gelatin you have daily?

I am so impressed that you are off thyroid meds, I didn't realize the thyroid could be thoroughly healed! At the moment I am taking so many meds and supplements it's quite a chore.
    Hi there! I don't know if 'healed' is necessarily the word to use. In remission probably works a little better. This was proved to me when, about a year and a half ago in a fit of madness, I decided to try doing low-carb again to lose some weight and ALL my symptoms came rushing back with a vengeance, it took me another six months to get over that 4 weeks of idiocy!

First up, I don't have Hashi's. I was tested for antibodies and I was under the threshold. Secondly Peat doesn't really believe in Hashi's, but that's something you might want to read up on through his articles as, given it's not my issue, I didn't explore too much. My version of hypothyroidism was due mainly to poor liver function, brought about by severe calorie and carbohydrate restriction. I've always had plenty of T4, but my conversion to T3 was atrocious. My TSH consequently was also too high.

Keeping in mind that this has taken me 2 years (I started November 2011), my average daily diet looks something like this:

On awakening: salt and lemon juice in a glass of water, followed by a large mug of cafe latte (skim milk) made with a tablespoon of gelatine and honey (when I say coffee from now, this is what I mean)

Breakfast: coffee

Mid-morning: smoothie made with skim milk, collagen hydrolysate, lots of fruit, an egg yolk and a dollop of honey. A raw carrot (this is actually really important)

Lunch: usually a cottage cheese based salad made with fruit-veggies (cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, olives, etc). Sometimes a potato salad made with HB eggs and an MCT oil based dressing. Fruit - a bunch of grapes, some peaches, cherries, etc. whatever's in season.

Mid-afternoon: coffee, maybe a slice of Gouda and some Medjool dates if I'm hungry

Dinner: stew made from gelatinous cuts of beef or lamb (shanks, osso buck, oxtail, shoulder, etc) or a stuffed jacket potato or a mixed seafood salad. Basically dinner will be when I eat the majority of my fat calories (although they are kept under 60g all day). I will also eat some fruit again, sometimes chocolate (my boyfriend just bought me a bunch of truffles from the Lindt factory in Sydney ).

Throughout the day: I carry a one litre bottle at work and it has a 50/50 juice (OJ, lychee, guava) to sparkling water mix in it that I sip throughout the day. I also add a pinch of salt to it. If I feel any symptoms of low thyroid through the day, I need salt, every time. I've actually encapsulated some salt in gelatine capsules for those times I can't eat and I need some.

I sometimes eat more earlier in the day. I work in an operating theatre and if my first case is going to be a five hour spinal fusion, then I eat first. Sometimes I'm hungrier than others and I eat more, I've really learned a lot about listening to my body.

My macros work out to be approximately 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat and I eat about 2800-3000 calories a day. When I communicated with Peat about my issues, the main things he suggested were the raw carrot to assist with healthy bowel movements and to clear endotoxin (I used to have terrible constipation due to my hypothyroidism), a good amount of protein daily from dairy, seafood and gelatine, liver once a week and to make carbs from fruit and honey (he added "if not allergic" to that advice). He also had me take small amounts (like 5-6 mcg) of T3 through the day with meals. He also had me monitor my temps and pulse, my temps used to be 35.9 - 36.2 and pulse rarely got above 60bpm. My temps are still variable but generally sit between 36.6 -37.2 now. Pulse is more around 70bpm.

Anyway, I hope some of this is helpful. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Em, if you are taking 5-6 mcg T3 multiple times a day how many total mcg are you getting each day?