Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 147

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good on you for calling it so quickly and opting for health, Em.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Too bad the experiment didn't work for you, but I agree with Jac that recognizing early that it's not for you is a good thing. If it's interfering with normal function, it's not working.

I have to wonder though, how long do you normally go without eating? As in, what is the normal spacing of your meals? I'm finding it not so bad on the tatos, but I normally tend to eat 2 meals daily, lunch and then dinner 5-8 hours later. Sometimes evening snacks if the meals were too small, but I can also fast all day with no trouble when I feel so inclined.

Anyway, good effort, but coping comes first, for sure.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Normal spacing depends entirely on my operating list for the day. Some days I can have breaky, lunch and dinner at normal times. Other days I get a morning snack and then go scrub up for 6 hours. That's what happened yesterday after a breakfast of 3 spuds. By the end of the case I felt faint I was so hungry.

Well, I'm down 1.1kg (2.4lbs) this week. Maybe it's due to the couple of days of potatoes, who knows. Weight loss is always nice though, whatever the cause.

My appetite feels very well controlled right now and I'm back to eating tons of fruit and dairy so maybe that's it. I dunno, but I feel well so I'm happy.

Found a beautiful gluten and soy free loaf of bread at the farmers markets yesterday. Buckwheat, potato, rice flour based. It's delicious but makes my guts blow up like a balloon - dammit! Guess I can add buckwheat to the things that my body doesn't like.

Ah well, bread's not all that great right?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Ya. Who needs bread anyway?
    Bland. Dry.
    Only good for spreading stuff on.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Did you watch the eclipse today??
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Did you watch the eclipse today??
    It wasn't visible in Perth.

I have been spending a bit of time looking around the forum today after a hiatus of only looking at people's journals. Nice to see things a haven't really changed. The same people are bashing women, the same people are starting arguments, the same people are looking down their noses at anybody who has a differering opinion from theirs. Sigh....

Anyway, things are good with me. I'm working insanely hard but I am now a fully fledged neurosurgery scrub nurse after a very quick crash course in very complex surgeries such as craniotomies and spinal fusions. There have been a couple of nurses leave and this has left a skill shortage which it was decided I could fill. All I can say is that it's lucky I learn fast and don't crumble under pressure! Last week I learned how to do a craniotomy, an anterior cervical disc replacement and a lateral approach lumbar fusion!! I'm now on the on-call roster which usually requires 2 years post-grad experience but which they are putting me on before my first year is finished. It's quite flattering although I know that the fast-track is mostly due to their staff shortages, still it's nice that they think I can handle it so early. I do love my job.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I have been spending a bit of time looking around the forum today after a hiatus of only looking at people's journals. Nice to see things a haven't really changed. The same people are bashing women, the same people are starting arguments, the same people are looking down their noses at anybody who has a differering opinion from theirs. Sigh....
    You tempted me to look. Why did I look??

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Anyway, things are good with me. I'm working insanely hard but I am now a fully fledged neurosurgery scrub nurse after a very quick crash course in very complex surgeries such as craniotomies and spinal fusions.

I do love my job.

I'm SO glad to hear this! You worked hard for it! You deserve it!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy