Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 146

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    em, I've been a long time away from everyones' journals. you know enough now that you just dont need to do all this crazy stuff surely. eat healthy, dont stress, exercise, have fun, have sex, drink wine (in moderation, yeah blah, suckymoto) Just focus on health.... after all this time, dont you think that is the key... who fucking cares what you weigh

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Not me that's for sure, I couldn't give a toss. What I do care about is fitting into my clothes. When I don't think about my diet, I gain weight. I don't know if my hypothyroidism or if I just have my set point stuck at 98kg, but whatever it is, I can't take my eye off the ball. If I was only carrying 5-10lbs of extra weight, I would be living life and not caring, but I'm clinically obese Suse - it is not just vanity.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Huh, I posted to you yesterday but it's not here! Just wanted to hang with some solidarity here - yes, it totally sucks that what seems to work for other people doesn't work for us. I agree with you, though, that being clinically obese and regaining so easily means that we just have to keep trying. I've regained what I lost on ketosis, too. I'm currently in 'don't care' land about what I eat while I focus on getting rid of artificial sweeteners completely. Then I'll be on to the next idea to manage my weight. It never ends.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Well girls, the Tater thing doesn't work for me.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Well girls, the Tater thing doesn't work for me.
    That's one approach that never tempted me. Hell, I could easily eat my weight in taters and still feel hungry - sick, but hungry
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Not me that's for sure, I couldn't give a toss. What I do care about is fitting into my clothes. When I don't think about my diet, I gain weight. I don't know if my hypothyroidism or if I just have my set point stuck at 98kg, but whatever it is, I can't take my eye off the ball. If I was only carrying 5-10lbs of extra weight, I would be living life and not caring, but I'm clinically obese Suse - it is not just vanity.
    yeah I hear you. I guess it just all sounds crazy to me, because I dont have the same problems. I just feel for you beating yourself up. You've got more self control and brains than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Huh, I posted to you yesterday but it's not here! Just wanted to hang with some solidarity here - yes, it totally sucks that what seems to work for other people doesn't work for us. I agree with you, though, that being clinically obese and regaining so easily means that we just have to keep trying. I've regained what I lost on ketosis, too. I'm currently in 'don't care' land about what I eat while I focus on getting rid of artificial sweeteners completely. Then I'll be on to the next idea to manage my weight. It never ends.
    Yeah, I'm there already (see below). I hope you're doing well with the artificial sweeteners. I personally think that you're better off having some sugar occasionally than eating the artificial crap. At least our bodies know what to do with sucrose.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    yeah I hear you. I guess it just all sounds crazy to me, because I dont have the same problems. I just feel for you beating yourself up. You've got more self control and brains than most.
    Thanks Suse, I wasn't really beating myself up, just feeling frustrated is all. I was looking at my recorded weights over the past 2 years and I weigh now what I did when I started this whole primal thing. I've gone up and I've gone down, but I've been here around 100kg more times than I care to think about.

Anyway while we're on the subject of fat set-points, I've decided to give the potato plan a go for 5 days. I have read up about it and I'm interested in the fact that the reduced food reward and palatability seems to adjust a person's set-point. I clearly (based on my own collected data) have a set-point right at about 100kg plus or minus 5kg. My body feels comfortable here and will stay here without any effort at all on my part. I'm curious to see if eating the spuds will effect that in any way. I'm fairly confident it will lead to weight loss, but the test for me will be whether it stays off. Stay tuned for updates.

So, Monday morning on day 1 of spud-week. My weight is 97.4kg.

Day one of spud week is in the bag. It's ok, not exciting, but ok. They sure are filling! Today will be interesting, I'm back to work which means that people will see I'm only eating potatoes. I'm so looking forward to the questions!

Ok, experiment is over for me.

I had my first day at work since starting and I nearly passed out at the table. When I have to eat and then go scrub up for an operation that takes 4-5 hours, I need protein and fat in my belly to tide me over. I'm sure the spud diet works but not for someone who has to go many hours between meals.

I may well come back to this when I have some days off, or I may look at doing it on weekends instead of weekdays. I certainly can't do it on work days, it just doesn't work with my schedule.
    Copied from the spud thread. This experiment is OVER!! I really felt awful today, headache, no energy and absolutely freaking starving!!

I don't want to lose weight that badly.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I hear you!
    To me it was ALL the bad parts of Whole 30 with nothing good.
    (and you know how much I hated Whole 30!)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy