Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 144

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Morning after carb night and I feel great!!! I didn't gain an ounce somehow and my ketones were 0.3 so it doesn't kick you completely out of ketone production which is what I suspected, but didn't have the data before.

After a lot of discussion with people on the DH Facebook page, it seems that I may not be eating enough and that is what is hindering my weight loss. I didn't eat much this week as my appetite has been low, but I will make an effort to get more food in this week. It'll be interesting to see what happens anyway.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    I had a look at the DH pages - it seems that his carb-up is dependent on doing fairly intensive training. Is that how you read it?
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I had a look at the DH pages - it seems that his carb-up is dependent on doing fairly intensive training. Is that how you read it?
    There are two programs. Carb Nite Solution and Carb Backloading. The CBL program is designed for strength athletes and involves 'back loading' carbs after a workout 3-4 times a week. The Carb Nite Solution is a once a week carb cycling program that is designed to work without any working out at all. Keifer, the guy who wrote the books is focussing a lot more on athletes these days but the info in CNS is really for overweight people who don't work out. I can see how the website may be a little misleading as Keifer is really focussing on Carb Back Loading these days.

Is your email address on your profile? I'd be happy to forward you some info if you're interested.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Is your email address on your profile? I'd be happy to forward you some info if you're interested.
    Thanks - I'd love to know more
    Last edited by Jac; 09-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

No worries. I'm on the road right now. I'll forward the info when I get home tonight.

Ok, I've sent it. Enjoy

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    There are two programs. Carb Nite Solution and Carb Backloading. The CBL program is designed for strength athletes and involves 'back loading' carbs after a workout 3-4 times a week. The Carb Nite Solution is a once a week carb cycling program that is designed to work without any working out at all. Keifer, the guy who wrote the books is focussing a lot more on athletes these days but the info in CNS is really for overweight people who don't work out. I can see how the website may be a little misleading as Keifer is really focussing on Carb Back Loading these days.

Em, I'd like to see this info too. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Em, I'd like to see this info too. Thanks in advance.
    Send me your email address. I can't attach a doc through the email function on here.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Send me your email address. I can't attach a doc through the email function on here.
    Address sent.

Carb up day today. I weighed in and there's been no change, so I'm still at a 4kg loss for 5 1/2 weeks which isn't a bad average. I have however lost over 4cm off my hips, waist and thighs and 2cm off my calfs and upper arms, so I'm definitely getting smaller which is how I feel. My clothes are more comfortable and my belly much flatter, so it's all good.

I have just started carb night with a box of Turkish delight and a sugared latte...YUM!! The idea of the first meal is to make it super high in easily digestible carbs and pretty low in fat and protein, so this fits the bill beautifully. I'm having carbonara with rice pasta for dinner and I have some delicious chocolate truffles for dessert. The kids and I went to the Swan Valley today which is a bit of a food basket area. I went a bit nuts at the coffee and chocolate factory. I bought some great single origin coffee from Papua New Guinea and at the chocolate factory I bought a few little individual truffles such as chilli, salted caramel, rum and coffee. I figure if I'm going to spoil myself once a week I should do it properly.