Page 140 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 140

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey there peeps, thanks for checking in with me. I am still around but I don't find time to post much anymore although I do still read your journals from time to time. Not being primal anymore - not through being 'off the wagon' but because of a change in philosophy means that I don't really feel that this is the right place to hang out anymore. I miss all you guys though so I find it hard to stay away completely.

Work is still going great. It's slowed down a bit over the school holidays so it's not as busy right now, but that means that I'm getting to spend some time in the cardio-thoracic theatres seeing how we anaesthtise and monitor patients that are going on bypass or having lungs removed. It's pretty full on and something that I wouldn't mind doing one day when I have enough experience. I'm still slightly amazed that I'm managing to fit in full-time work around the kids and everything else but I am. Hiring a house cleaner has definitely helped. Not having to find the time to scrub the bathtub or wash the floors has meant that I get to spend more of my free time with the kids which is great.

Mum is going ok. It turns out that she does have a plasmacytoma, but it's isolated in her throat and she has no pathology anywhere else. They would know too as they've given her every scan, biopsy and screening known to medical science! She has to have radiation therapy to treat it, but it is curable and they are confident of a good outcome. Huge relief for all of us although I'm sure my Mum has shortened her life by 10 years just from the stress she has put herself through. We really are polar opposites her and I. I'm a fairly optimistic kinda person and I tend to not worry about things until I have to. Mum however has been imagining all the absolute worst possible (well not even possible) scenarios. She's been 'coming to terms' with things and planning her funeral and believing that every time she feels a twinge that the cancer has spread and she is going to die within the week. She has been popping mogodon every night to avoid waking up with a panic attack but then suffering even worse moods and attitudes because of the remnants of the depressants in her system.
    Anyway, I do try not to judge, we all handle things the best we can don't we?

Healing from surgery is going well. I still get swollen in the abdomen after a day on my feet at work, but that'll take a good six months to stop happening according to the available information. Everything has settled down though - I have normal sensation in my boobs now although I'm still pretty numb around my navel and around the abdo scar. All in all though - a good result so far. It's really nice to be able to wear short tops or to tuck them in without having to hide the 'apron.' Clothes sit much better than they used to although I really don't look significantly different. That was the idea though, to just lift and tighten rather than do anything too radical.

I'm off to a 40th birthday party tonight, my second in a month (it'll be my turn in December... yikes!!). It's a 70s themed affair where you have to go as your favourite 70s TV star. I'm going as 'Hotlips' Houlihan from MASH. Pretty easy costume really - I bought some camouflage cargos and a light brown t-shirt. Paired with a fluffy blonde wig and a set of dogtags and I'm good to go. I'll post a pic if I'm brave enough.
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 05-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hey glad you are still here, hope you are doing well.
    You should post more anyway
    Need an updated pics of your new bod though LOL

Figured I should post an update, even I should be able to manage one a month.

I'm going great. Work is awesome, I just finished my rotation in the anaesthetics department and am starting in scrub/scout on Wednesday (after a 4 day weekend - yay!). I'm looking forward to it although I'm a little daunted as they're throwing me straight into orthopaedic and neurosurgery. No little plastics cases for me, I'm going straight to brains and joint replacements!! I'm sure I'll do well, but they're certainly keen on throwing me in the deep end and seeing whether I sink or not. Ah well, they haven't beaten me yet.

I'm doing well health wise too. Thyroid symptoms and eczema are still totally in remission which is AWESOME. I'm eating around 50% of my daily intake in carbs and it's suiting me very well indeed. I get the majority of those carbs from dairy, fruit and some honey/maple syrup. There's also a little rice, potatoes and root vegies in there as well. It's not a hard way to eat at all and my energy is boundless - not a small thing when you spend 10 hour shifts on your feet everyday.

Mum is in Perth at the moment having started her five weeks of radiotherapy this week. She's doing ok so far, getting a dry mouth and some soreness, but other than that, she's feeling quite well which is great. I hope it doesn't get too bad for her later down the track.

The kids are great. Pete is awesome, he's taking me away this weekend to stay in a little country pub. Open fireplaces, lots of hiking in the bush and delicious pub food. I can't wait, it's gonna be awesome.

Not much else to report really. Maybe even a monthly update is too much.....

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hey Em!
    Sounds like things are going great!!
    I'm SO happy for you!!!
    A monthly update is NOT too much!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Ok, a couple of before and after shots from the surgery as it's not fair to completely take over Jon's journal...

The boobs...

The belly...

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    So now I have to click two journals to ogle your pics? Works for me

Looking awesome!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Why does stress make me turn to tequila?

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Why does stress make me turn to tequila?
    because you are out of scotch?

Really, I have no idea, and I presume you are being funny as opposed to confessing to being an alcoholic. If it is the latter then I am going to feel like a douche for the scotch comment
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    because you are out of scotch?

Really, I have no idea, and I presume you are being funny as opposed to confessing to being an alcoholic. If it is the latter then I am going to feel like a douche for the scotch comment
    My name is Emma and I'm a slightly too regular consumer of tequila..

You're not a douche Jon, I'm not making any sort of deep confession, just wondering about my non-existant coping skills.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    My name is Emma and I'm a slightly too regular consumer of tequila..

You're not a douche Jon, I'm not making any sort of deep confession, just wondering about my non-existant coping skills.
    Well, while I have not exactly known you for years, you have in the short time I have known you been a mother, lost a ton of weight, changed jobs and dealt with all kinds of goings on in life that would drive others to far more than a bit of tequila. I think we can safely say that your coping skills are there. We all have our moments of weakness.