Where to start?!

I have spent the first 35 years of my life following CW and getting fatter and fatter. I'm a solid girl anyway, I have broad shoulders and hips and carry a lot of muscle, but I'm also carrying about an extra 20kgs of fat as well (I'm guessing, never have had my BF% checked).

Food and nutrition are a big hobby of mine. I read constantly about all things related to this subject. The last few years have led me to where I am now. It all started with finding out about Weston A Price and buying myself Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig. I completely changed the way food is prepared in my house. I fermented vegetables, made my own sourdough bread, yoghurt and kefir and stopped using white sugar and flour.
There was a huge turnaround in my family's health once we started eating this way, but I still didn't manage to shift any weight, at this point I got hold of Gary Taubes Good Calories Bad Calories and absorbed that. As a student and researcher, I found that an awesome book and a wonderful validation for the healthyness of low-carb eating. Shortly after this I decided to do Atkins. That worked for a while, but I thought it was unnecessarily restrictive, surely not eating fruit and restricting vegetables can't be right?
So anyhoo, I follow Jimmy Moore's 'Livin La Vida Low Carb' blog and he mentioned The Primal Blueprint, I downloaded that onto my Kindle and wolfed it down in a day. It seems like this is the culmination of everything I've learned over the last 2 years of reading on the subject of health and nutrition.

I have been eating low-carb for a while but had never realised that IF is something that can be done safely and I have found it makes me feel awesome! I'm pretty much doing it every day, I have coffee in the mornings but nothing else till lunch and I'm not hungry! I don't feel light-headed or low in energy, it's awesome!!

The exercise is something that I needed a kick in the butt about. I hike regularly but haven't done any kind of exercise aside from that for a while. I hate the gym and love the outdoors so the fact that I can do the LHT workout in my backyard is great. I have a really steep sandhill around the corner from my house for sprints and my hiking covers the moving frequently at a slow pace, although it is not really that slow Getting fit is one of the things I'm looking forward to most.

So, what am I hoping to achieve here? Well aside from health and a long life free from illness, I need to lose weight. I'm not sure how much because I've never been slim. I weigh exactly 100kg now and I'm 175cm. I need to find out my BF% I think so that I can have a reasonable goal. The BMI says that I should be 74kgs at the most to be a 'normal' weight, but I'm really not sure I can lose 26kgs without losing some muscle and I don't want that. So I guess I'll just have to see how it goes, for now I'm just going to ease into the workouts, follow the PB eating style, do IF whenever I can and I know it will happen.