Page 139 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 139

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Em, fantastic to hear your post op recovery is going so well and the job is treating you amazingly well. I'm thrilled that it's all fallen into place so perfectly . Finding a workplace receptive to family responsibilities is worth more than most employers seem to realize, I do think you've found the perfect place for you for right now

I've not been posting much lately outside of my own journal, but am trying to keep up with some of you regularly. I'll be watching for the next update.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hey Em, fantastic to hear your post op recovery is going so well and the job is treating you amazingly well. I'm thrilled that it's all fallen into place so perfectly . Finding a workplace receptive to family responsibilities is worth more than most employers seem to realize, I do think you've found the perfect place for you for right now
    What she said!

I've not been posting much lately outside of my own journal, but am trying to keep up with some of you regularly. I'll be watching for the next update.
    same here.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Way to go Em!! Brilliant photo, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Emmmmmm.....

I missssss youuuuuuu!

<3

And I'm so freakin' proud of you! You are absolutely PHENOMENAL and should be damn proud of yourself. I <3 you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Congrats, Em! You have utterly transformed your life, and you are now basking in the well-deserved glow!

Thanks for inspiring me day after day!

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    What she said!
    Thanks so much ladies.

Life is kinda, um, unstable right now. Work is fantastic, I'm on my own and being given more complicated lists and doing well in them. I have had some emergencies and difficult intubations and have handled them well. Getting good feedback from doctors and nurse managers and even better - I'm loving the work.

However, things aren't all rosy. My Mum has been diagnosed with Myeloma. We don't know what sort yet (still waiting on bone scan and marrow biopsy results) but we know it's some kind of myeloma.
    My Mum is in a flat spin even though she feels great and has no symptoms, but as you can imagine, this sort of diagnosis is not good news and all my Mum can hear right now is "CANCER!!"

Aside from this, everything is going great. I spend most of my time feeling really happy about life and then remembering what's happening with Mum and then feeling crap with worry. I haven't been around here for obvious reasons but I appreciate you all checking in with me and I will post when I know what's going on with Mum. I hope you're all going well, I miss everyone. xxx

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Sending lots of love your way. Take care Em.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, sometimes I think the stress of knowing is the worst part! Is your Mom eating primal(ish)? Sugar is really really bad. There's a book called "Anticancer" by David Servan-Schreiber, which is very interesting (about a doctor who had to deal with brain cancer twice), practical information combined with personal story. I got copies for a lot of people after Beloved Uncle Otter passed away. Sending lots of love and healing ~~~~~~~!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Sending lots of love your way. Take care Em.
    Thanks Jac. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Ugh, sometimes I think the stress of knowing is the worst part! Is your Mom eating primal(ish)? Sugar is really really bad. There's a book called "Anticancer" by David Servan-Schreiber, which is very interesting (about a doctor who had to deal with brain cancer twice), practical information combined with personal story. I got copies for a lot of people after Beloved Uncle Otter passed away. Sending lots of love and healing ~~~~~~~!
    I bought Mum the 21 day transformation book when it came out and she had been implementing some of the changes in there. She tells me that she's super motivated to make the last few tweaks now so hopefully she'll be going PUFA and sugar free now.

Her diagnosis has changed again! They are no longer sure that it's myeloma, they now are thinking it's a plasmacytosis which is far less serious and treatable. We're all a lot more hopeful now, but cautiously as we're still waiting for more tests.
    She's having a bone marrow biopsy on Tuesday and then we have another week's wait and then hopefully we'll have a definitive diagnosis and can work out a treatment plan.
    Overall however, we're all feeling a lot better and not so petrified!

Work is still fantastic, I'm loving it and getting to do some fairly intense stuff now. I was in an ENT list today which is interesting from an anaesthetic point of view as the surgical site is often also the airway so we're all focussed on the same area. It means we have to use some interesting methods for securing the airway - yesterday we had to remove half of a man's larynx so we started with a tube and then had to switch to a tracheotomy tube half way through, it was AWESOME! Not for the patient of course *ahem* but for me it was. We also put tubes down people's nasopharynx when the throat is being operated on.
    Anyway, I like my job.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Fingers and toes crossed for your Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good to hear there's someone really passionate and caring in the medical field =)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Fingers and toes crossed for your Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good to hear there's someone really passionate and caring in the medical field =)
    +276348539465!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hey em, I havent read too many pages back as just trying to catch up with everyone slowly after a hiatus. so sorry to hear things arent good with your mum so sending some positive vibes.

But dammit girl, you are awesome and just rocking it and deserve all the good things coming your way!

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hey Em!

Just popping in to say hello. Hope all is well with you and also with your Mum.

Thinking of you!!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich