Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 138

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Yeah, I hear you about the surgery. Big, big decision with lots of unknowns in the mix. Fortunately I don't think I'll ever have to make that decision, since I seem to be at my forever weight and don't have any loose skin to contend with . 90kg and I seem to be bosom buddies! I also have to wonder if, at almost 49, it's just stupid to try to get to a body I haven't had for over 20 years. Dunno.

Are there any good outlet shops in Melbourne for Reubenesque women?
    Sounds like me and 86kg, my body just likes it here. Personally I'd like to get down to 80kg but I'm past torturing myself to lose weight, I am mostly happy with how I look and feel here (still have an enormous arse and thighs, but hey...) and I can eat whatever I like without my weight changing, so I'm slowly trying to talk myself into acceptance that this is my happy place.

I would imagine that there are some awesome outlet stores for curvy girls, but I'm afraid I don't know of any.

The proud recipient of TWO prizes for attaining the top marks in my degree in my year. $250 each. Booyah!!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post

The proud recipient of TWO prizes for attaining the top marks in my degree in my year. $250 each. Booyah!!
    Booyah indeed. Great pic. Awesome x 2!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    *like*
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

marcadav is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Em!

Thanks lovely peeps!!

I have to say, life is pretty damn good right now. I feel fantastic, my job is great and I'm $500 richer today.

I had my first list on my own at work on Thursday, this means that I was the anaesthetic nurse responsible for the patients in that OR for that day. Apparently this is not common after only 2 1/2 weeks of training but according to my boss I'm "shining!" So I've been fast-tracked. I really enjoyed having the autonomy and responsibility and getting to start to create my own routine. It's great being put with lots of different people when training as you get to see many different ways of doing things and you can decide what you like and what you don't, I have to admit though that I was getting a little tired of it towards the end and was kinda champing at the bit to get out from under and do it myself. The responsibility is pretty huge, especially when you get a difficult intubation, but without being given the challenge, you can't rise to it, right?
    They are also really understanding of my family commitments and have organised my roster around my childcare which is really awesome. The nurses reading know that our job is often not the most family friendly despite being mostly done by women, so to find an understanding and accomodating workplace is a real boon.

I am a little hungover this morning, I had one (alright three) too many mezcals last night to celebrate my prizes and consequently I'm a little slow to get going this morning. I don't feel too bad though fortunately.

I'm taking the kids to see The Muppets at the cinema today and then we're going out for lunch. I can't wait, I always loved The Muppets.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member

Way to go Em!! Brilliant photo, too!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Emmmmmm.....

I missssss youuuuuuu!

<3

And I'm so freakin' proud of you! You are absolutely PHENOMENAL and should be damn proud of yourself. I <3 you so much!

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Em! You have utterly transformed your life, and you are now basking in the well-deserved glow!

Thanks for inspiring me day after day!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich