Page 137 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 137

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Everything sounds so exciting for you
    Thanks for sharing about the skin, I was very curious LOL
    Another weird question, can you lay on your belly without your boobs feeling weird?
    Just thinking ahead, as in crossfit there is a bit of laying on your belly with stretching and stuff, and I have been wondering if they will be uncomfortable to lay on, or get in the way?
    Right now, I can't lie on my belly at all. Everything is just too tight, they took about 6 inches of skin away! I'm sure I'll be able to lie on them eventually, but right now definitely not. From the research I've done and questions I've asked, it takes about 3 months before everything is comfortable and in it's final position and stretched out. I'm not even 4 weeks post-op yet so I'll let you know how things go as time goes on.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Cool thanks for that, something for me think about anyway
    I know ill be getting a lift but unsure about implants yet. I guess depends on what im left with once im at a decent weight.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Cool thanks for that, something for me think about anyway
    I know ill be getting a lift but unsure about implants yet. I guess depends on what im left with once im at a decent weight.
    Just piping in with a pseudo-personal experience: A Crossfit coach I know had a double masectomy and got implants following the procedure. Once healed, they haven't hindered her ability to workout. She also joked that she's finally able to do chest-to-bar pull-ups as she sized up, ha.

I'm still alive. Work is great but busy and exhausting as I'm learning new things all the time - plus I'm on my feet all day. Home is working itself out more or less, I have less time but it seems to be enough to get everything done provided I don't spend too much time sitting around on the laptop (hence my scarcity here).

Diet is so far from Primal that I feel kinda out of place here now, I'm still eating real food but I'm pretty high carb now and following the recommendations of Ray Peat with regards to eating (high carb, extremely low PUFA, good SFA from coconut and ruminants, lots of dairy and fruit). My thyroid is on overdrive as a result though and I'm leaning out and feeling warm and full of energy. Primal/Paleo had its place for me as a stepping stone to what I needed to find out, but eating low or even moderate carb just killed my thyroid and I won't do it again.

Healing is going well (I updated the blog with pics if anyone's interested), I still get some swelling in my abdomen if I'm on my feet all day and don't wear my spanx, but it's less and less as time goes on and I am not having any trouble with my day-to-day activities which often involves some fairly heavy pushing and pulling (beds) and lifting (patients) which is great. I haven't been back to the gym yet but I think I'll be able to get back into it gently this week..... if I can find the time!

I haven't got time to check in with everyone today, but I will try to soon. I hope you're all well and feeling good.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm still alive.
    Good! I was starting to wonder

Diet is so far from Primal that I feel kinda out of place here now, I'm still eating real food but I'm pretty high carb now and following the recommendations of Ray Peat with regards to eating (high carb, extremely low PUFA, good SFA from coconut and ruminants, lots of dairy and fruit).
    Sounds primal to me I think primal is "real foods, no grains". I don't consider low carb = primal. Maybe I'm weird??

My thyroid is on overdrive as a result though and I'm leaning out and feeling warm and full of energy.
    Excellent!

Healing is going well (I updated the blog with pics if anyone's interested),
    Of course we're interested
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Yay, glad to hear you're doing well!
    Being on your feet all day definitely burns up a LOT of cals
    So what are you eating?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Sounds primal to me I think primal is "real foods, no grains". I don't consider low carb = primal. Maybe I'm weird??
    Maybe you are.

Perhaps Primal isn't supposed to be low-carb but based on Mark's carbohydrate curve and the general concensus of almost everyone in the Primal/Paleo world, it certainly is seen that way. The other thing I disagree with is the contention that if you are going to eat carbs, make sure that they do not contain the evil fructose! We've been eating fructose for eons, I can't believe that in the context of real foods that it's a bad thing - quite the opposite in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Yay, glad to hear you're doing well!
    Being on your feet all day definitely burns up a LOT of cals
    So what are you eating?
    Milk, cheese, cream, butter, coconut oil, fresh squeezed orange juice, fruits of all kinds (even the evil high-fructose ones!!), green leafy veg, liver, beef, lamb, shellfish, eggs, corn (usually in the form of masa harina tortillas), rice, potatoes, coffee, chocolate, ice-cream (yes, with sugar in it!), honey, mezcal....

I don't eat pork or chicken (unless it's lean to avoid PUFA), I don't eat nuts, avocado or anything else that is high in unsaturated fats. Gluten still doesn't agree with me so I avoid wheat, but other than that, I kinda eat what I like. It's rather nice to be freed of the food nazi-ism that is kinda inherant in this lifestyle.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Hi Em! Nice to see you again - the blog pics look amazing, but they show the drama/seriousness of what you've had done and are giving me pause.

Re the food - I'm with you! I'm basing my eating on what my body feels best with. Well, except the coke - I still have an addicts relationship with it. Dammit. Other than that, it's all on with the kumara and stuff. I made pickles and relish a couple of weeks ago - masses so zucchini and cucumber in the garden this year, and I kept to the tried and true recipes that call for sugar and malt vinegar. Does that mean I'll be stripped in my primal badge? We are scoffing the stuff like it's crack cocaine, lol, but it does take steak to the next level of yumminess!

That's brilliant about your thyroid!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Hi Em! Nice to see you again - the blog pics look amazing, but they show the drama/seriousness of what you've had done and are giving me pause.
    YES! This is what I've been trying to get across to people - this is not a walk in the park! I don't regret having it done, but neither do I want people to run away with the idea that you have a couple of days of discomfort and then TA-DA - New body. It's MAJOR surgery and takes some getting over. I don't even think that I'm a good person to judge from either. I have an almost super-human immune system (I jest a little, but seriously I don't get sick and wounds heal really fast for me), I'm also really physically fit, I don't just mean that I can lift weights or whatever, just that I have good reserves and strength, it's one of those genetic things. I've been in touch with people who had abdominoplasties who were off their feet for weeks and unable to do even little things, like pushing a vacuum around the house, for months. Anybody who considers this sort of surgery has to also consider that they may fall into the months-to-recover category.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Re the food - I'm with you! I'm basing my eating on what my body feels best with. Well, except the coke - I still have an addicts relationship with it. Dammit. Other than that, it's all on with the kumara and stuff. I made pickles and relish a couple of weeks ago - masses so zucchini and cucumber in the garden this year, and I kept to the tried and true recipes that call for sugar and malt vinegar. Does that mean I'll be stripped in my primal badge? We are scoffing the stuff like it's crack cocaine, lol, but it does take steak to the next level of yumminess!
    YUMMMMM!!!! Any chance of sending a jar to Perth? I lurves me some sweet pickle with my steak.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Haha, I really don't think it'd go too well in the post! But it's really delish - especially the beetroot chutney.

Yeah, I hear you about the surgery. Big, big decision with lots of unknowns in the mix. Fortunately I don't think I'll ever have to make that decision, since I seem to be at my forever weight and don't have any loose skin to contend with . 90kg and I seem to be bosom buddies! I also have to wonder if, at almost 49, it's just stupid to try to get to a body I haven't had for over 20 years. Dunno.

Are there any good outlet shops in Melbourne for Reubenesque women?
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus