Page 136 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 136

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Nah, I think it's about avoiding toxins and finding out what works for you. Glad you found it!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    1. Yay for being home!
    2. I'll be by to raid your shoes, you've been warned
    3. I'm doing the sugar detox thang and my carbs are stupid-low due to that (though I suppose in maintenance by primal terms) and my body won't drop weight. Low-carb (can) be full o' shiz. In the end, you gotta do what makes you feel good
    4. I want your weather. I'm done with the rain
    My shoes are your shoes.
    Ugh - sugar detox. I feel for you.
    You can have my weather, this sucks, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Welcome back!! Love the shoe stories - I'm going to Melbourne in April and fully intend to get me some shoes, and a handbag, and some clothes, and . . . . Won't be cheap, but it will be fun!
    Melbourne is soooo awesome for shopping. You have to do the Vic markets on a Friday night, loads of great stuff and you can buy a beer or glass of wine and wander around like you're at a cocktail party while you shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Are you loving the way your new clothes fit?? I'm imagining you checking out your new body in the mirror just to see how hot you are these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Glad you are home safe
    I reakon id be constantly looking at my new bod in the mirror
    I still have a fair bit of swelling in my abdomen and I'm wearing a binder all the time so honestly, at this point in time, there's not a huge difference yet. There will be and I am already appreciating not having the 'apron' especially in this heat. But I'm not 'check myself in the mirror' hot, not yet anyway.

The boobs however... well yeah, I am appreciating the new cleavage a fair bit. That does look rather good. Not having to wear a bra in one of those shelf tank tops is really comfy in the heat too and it's amazing having my boobs stand up on their own!!

I did a sort through my underwear drawer yesterday and surprisingly, the majority of my pre-surgery bras still fit. It just goes to show that my boobs haven't increased in size that much. Except that now, instead of sitting in a puddle in the bottom of the cup, my boobs now fill it out quite nicely with that upper roundness that looks so nice. My boobs kinda remind me of how they used to be when I was 25 (before I got fat). I'm really glad that Dr Nasir was so conservative with the implant size, it looks so much more natural. Believe it or not, no-one here has noticed, not even my kids!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hey Em, just wanted to say hello. I've been following your progress (and your blog) and don't really have anything to say, but congratulations on your surgery! I think it's really wonderful that you were able to do that for yourself
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hey Em, just wanted to say hello. I've been following your progress (and your blog) and don't really have anything to say, but congratulations on your surgery! I think it's really wonderful that you were able to do that for yourself
    Hey NW, I spotted you amongst my followers. Thanks for reading and for your kind words. I appreciate it.

Saturday night here and the heatwave has finally broken. It's been over 100*F for the last five days and it's just been hell. Our A/C is playing up and only cooling the bedroom end of the house, of course no-one was available to come and check it out (the repair guy is coming next Saturday!) so the living end of the house has been disgustingly hot. It's great that our rooms are cool so that we can sleep (it's only been getting down to 80 overnight), but it has meant we've really suffered through this week. When it's that hot, it just sucks the life out of you. It's hard to find the energy to do anything at all. Even worse, because of my (very nearly completely healed) wounds, I can't get in a pool or the ocean yet (Doc said 6 weeks). The kids and I love the beach in the evenings when it's hot and we haven't been able to go. Anyway, there's a nice cool sea breeze blowing now and it's going to be 90 tomorrow, which is still hot, but it's not anywhere near as bad as 105!

Next week life gets interesting. My new job starts on Monday after a month off work! It's going to be a very interesting adjustment period for me and the kids. I haven't worked fulltime since before the (nearly 9 year old) twins were born. Back then I was married but child-free and I found life hard enough to organise then! Now I'm a single mother of 3 young kids, I have no idea how I'm going to manage. I think I'm going to have to become one of those disgustingly well organised people who doesn't have any downtime except for the occasional evening. My weekends will be spent cleaning and cooking food for the week, keeping the backyard tidy and trying to fit in some quality time with my kids and my man. This is a 180* spin from the girl who could while away an entire day drinking coffee with the laptop on my thighs! I'm going to be exhausted!!

My belly and boobs are coming along great. My abdominoplasty scar is now completely healed as is my new navel. My left breast is healed but I have 2 tiny areas on my right that haven't quite healed over yet. I still have a fair bit of tightness in my pecs, but it's getting better everyday. I'm feeling really good though and am able to do pretty much all my normal activities now.

Tomorrow is my last day of freedom before work, so I guess I'd better clean the house and finish the washing. Blegh..

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    The kids and I love the beach in the evenings when it's hot and we haven't been able to go. Anyway, there's a nice cool sea breeze blowing now and it's going to be 90 tomorrow, which is still hot, but it's not anywhere near as bad as 105!
    I'm trying to feel sorry for you, as the snow is blowing and I'm curled up on the couch under a blanket, but it's hard

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Next week life gets interesting. My new job starts on Monday after a month off work! It's going to be a very interesting adjustment period for me and the kids. I haven't worked fulltime since before the (nearly 9 year old) twins were born.

This is a 180* spin from the girl who could while away an entire day drinking coffee with the laptop on my thighs! I'm going to be exhausted!!

Tomorrow is my last day of freedom before work, so I guess I'd better clean the house and finish the washing. Blegh..
    You don't have to be superwoman! It's OK for you to let a few things slide. You NEED your downtime!
    Especially in the beginning, when you are adjusting to your new job.

Good luck on your 1st day!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I'm trying to feel sorry for you, as the snow is blowing and I'm curled up on the couch under a blanket, but it's hard
    Ain't that the fuckin' truth?

Have fun, Em! Let us know how the new job treats ya.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    YAY for the new job you will be all good. Lots of precooked meals will be the trick I think
    YAY for healed body. Sounds like you are doing great.
    BTW did the extra skin weigh much? Weird question I know, but its something ive been curious about for me.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em!!!

I'm so happy to hear you're doing well and healing up! Sucky on the heat tho... we've been having 75-80 every day here in San Diego... pissing off my friends in the old areas!! LOL

Have you been massaging the pecs? That REALLY helps loosen them up eventually so that it's not all tight. That should be Pete's new job. And good on going with what fits your body. That's what I did way back in the day and I was so grateful. But yes... nice when bras are optional and not needed!

I am so with you on the not low carb thing. I really do think that some of us just have those sensitive thyroids and can't do super low carb without sending our body into a panic/tailspin! I eat a lot of sweet potatoes and small amounts of rice (gasp!!), and some dairy-- mostly greek yogurt. Still, my carbs arent' out of control by any means, but it does make a diff to my body as well!

You'll do fine being back to work full time. Hey, you were spending hours and hours studying and writing papers and such... now you'll JUST be working and can come home and hang with the fam! I'm in my last class (an online one-- last week of it this week), and trying to get in for a practicum placement for my internship. Just went to an orientation for this amazing hospice internship that I WANT... but it's really competitive, so we'll see. I'm also applying to two others right now and am still looking, so something will come up, but what a TIRING process!!!

Good to see such good things going on for you woman... you deserve it!

M
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    You don't have to be superwoman! It's OK for you to let a few things slide. You NEED your downtime!
    Especially in the beginning, when you are adjusting to your new job.

Good luck on your 1st day!!
    Thanks! I'm not aiming even close to superwoman, I'm just trying to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    YAY for the new job you will be all good. Lots of precooked meals will be the trick I think
    YAY for healed body. Sounds like you are doing great.
    BTW did the extra skin weigh much? Weird question I know, but its something ive been curious about for me.
    Not weird, I was curious too. There was 1.41kg all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Hi Em!!!

I'm so happy to hear you're doing well and healing up! Sucky on the heat tho... we've been having 75-80 every day here in San Diego... pissing off my friends in the old areas!! LOL

Have you been massaging the pecs? That REALLY helps loosen them up eventually so that it's not all tight. That should be Pete's new job. And good on going with what fits your body. That's what I did way back in the day and I was so grateful. But yes... nice when bras are optional and not needed!

I am so with you on the not low carb thing. I really do think that some of us just have those sensitive thyroids and can't do super low carb without sending our body into a panic/tailspin! I eat a lot of sweet potatoes and small amounts of rice (gasp!!), and some dairy-- mostly greek yogurt. Still, my carbs arent' out of control by any means, but it does make a diff to my body as well!

You'll do fine being back to work full time. Hey, you were spending hours and hours studying and writing papers and such... now you'll JUST be working and can come home and hang with the fam! I'm in my last class (an online one-- last week of it this week), and trying to get in for a practicum placement for my internship. Just went to an orientation for this amazing hospice internship that I WANT... but it's really competitive, so we'll see. I'm also applying to two others right now and am still looking, so something will come up, but what a TIRING process!!!

Good to see such good things going on for you woman... you deserve it!

M
    MINXXA!!!! Good to 'see' you!

I have been massaging and I know it's helping, the tightness is much better than it was. If I gave the job to Pete, I'd spend my life in bed.

Good luck with your internship, I really hope you get your first choice. xxx

Well, my first week is over and it was awesome - well lots of awesome interspersed with boredom. We spent a fair bit of time in the conference room being 'oriented' with lectures and presentations. I finally got into theatres though and it's been awesome.
    I've been allocated to anaesthetics for my first three month rotation which means I work with an anaesthetist everyday and help to get people put under for their operations. There's a fair bit to the anaesthetic nurse role, I'll even be cannulating and intubating people by the time I've finished the rotation! My second three months are in scrub/scout which is what I was doing in my clinical placements last year. I've been allocated to orthopaedics, general surgery, plastic surgery and cardiothoracics! My third rotation is three months in post-anaesthesia care or recovery where the patients wake up after their operation. My last three months are up to me! I'm a bit unique in that I'm doing my whole 12 month grad program in theatre, all the other grads are going to the ward for their second six months. I've been told that I can spend my final three months in the area that I like the most. So if anaesthetics are my thing, I can go back there. If I still love scrub/scout, I can do that but choose which specialty I work in. It's pretty awesome to have this opportunity. I was told today that they're expecting big things from me - no pressure.

I was definitely not organised enough this week, I didn't have enough food in the house and I hadn't planned what I was going to take for lunches. I pretty much lived on cheese and fruit all week, with the occasional foray to buy some sushi. I've pulled a bunch of stewing meat and oxtail out of the freezer today and I'm going to cook up a bunch of oxtail soup and stew this weekend. I know it's the middle of summer, but they keep it as cold as a witch's tit in the theatres and a hot lunch will go down a treat!

Even though I have a shit ton of washing and cooking to do this weekend......... TFIF!!!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I was told today that they're expecting big things from me - no pressure.
    You sound excited and passionate about what you do, that's a great combo for success!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Everything sounds so exciting for you
    Thanks for sharing about the skin, I was very curious LOL
    Another weird question, can you lay on your belly without your boobs feeling weird?
    Just thinking ahead, as in crossfit there is a bit of laying on your belly with stretching and stuff, and I have been wondering if they will be uncomfortable to lay on, or get in the way?