Page 135 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 135

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    YAY that you will be home soon, and wooo on shopping

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    I'm a firm believer in taking full advantage of the cuisine being offered while in another country. It makes me sad and confused to hear of others who do not (aka the partner's sister who ended up malnourished while doing a study abroad and only ate fruit and rice because of the liberal use of fish saue on food).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm really feeling pretty damn good now. My appetite has returned with a vengeance and I'm eating whatever the hell I feel like, whenever I feel like it.
    Good!

I've been shopping up a storm these past two days, I have bought practically a new wardrobe; 10 new tops, 3 pairs of pants, a dress, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 bras with matching knickers, scarves, a new handbag, sunglasses, presents for the kids. I'm almost done except that tomorrow I may have to go and buy a new suitcase to get it all home.
    Excellent!

5 pairs of shoes?? Did your feet shrink too?

Anyway tomorrow we're heading home (Midnight flight) so I'm fairly sure even I can't manage to come up with a way to spend the remainder of my spending money by then. Although, there were a couple of really nice Guess bags that I saw......
    Have a safe fight home!

There's always the airport shops
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for shopping and hooray for the new body! i think a totally new wardrobe for less than $1000 is pretty remarkable.

Actually I had no adverse effects whatsoever which is a worry, once that little voice in my head knows I can tolerate crap, I could be in all sorts of trouble! I just keep telling myself I'm on holiday and my doc told me that "now is not the time for diet!" so I'm taking him at his word.
    Now is not the time for inflammation either, eat yer animal fat and veg!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    I'm a firm believer in taking full advantage of the cuisine being offered while in another country. It makes me sad and confused to hear of others who do not (aka the partner's sister who ended up malnourished while doing a study abroad and only ate fruit and rice because of the liberal use of fish saue on food).
    That's sad! I can't imagine not partaking of all the amazing and different things that are available when you're in a different country. I had all sorts of unusual things like pork floss (looked just like candy floss but brown), soft shell crab sushi, beef cheeks, salmon skin salad and some soup thing made with beef tendons (strange but surprisingly delicious). Part of experiencing new cultures is trying their cuisines I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    5 pairs of shoes?? Did your feet shrink too?
    Um.... yes? Should I not mention the 4 pairs I bought the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Hooray for shopping and hooray for the new body! i think a totally new wardrobe for less than $1000 is pretty remarkable.
    Me too, the shopping over there is phenominal!

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Now is not the time for inflammation either, eat yer animal fat and veg!
    Yes Ma'am! Actually there was plenty of that, oodles of delicious, fresh tropical fruit too, just with many a delicious indulgence thrown in. I'm pretty certain that I haven't caused any inflammation though, my surgeon thinks I'm related to Wolverine the rate I'm healing.

So I'm home. I was definitely ready to leave KL, it was great fun but really aside from shopping and eating, there's not an awful lot to do there. I suppose that makes it a perfect destination for this sort of surgery-holiday as you can really take it easy when you're recovering. I was also really missing my kids. I had a few teary moments over the last few days of the trip when I was reading their emails, it has been so awesome to be back at home with them. Ooh ooh.... and my bed! Oh how I missed my bed! All my lovely firm pillows and my lovely mattress that's perfect for me! I slept like the dead last night. Seriously I didn't move from the position I fell asleep in until I woke 8 hours later - Bliss!

It took me 3 hours to unpack yesterday! I had to make a little room in my wardrobe for the (ahem) ten pairs of shoes that I bought. There was a fair amount of new clothing that I had to find a home for too and my underwear drawer needed a complete makeover.
    Still everything is away now and I'm settled in nicely.

I'm back to my normal eating schedule too. I'm still feeling great (my kinda great which is having high temps and energy levels) following my high protein, moderate carb and fat ratios (probably about 20/40/40) diet. Carbs mostly from dairy and fruit with some starches. I feel so much better eating this way than I do when trying to do low-carb primal that I don't think I'll ever go back to low-carb. I should probably lose my primal card as, according to Mark's 'Carbohydrate Curve' I'm in Insidious Weight Gain territory, yet strangely that's not happening. All low-carb does for me is give me skin disorders, corpse-like energy levels and hypothermia due to low thyroid output. Moderate to high carb gives me a high metabolism, wolverine-like healing abilities and easy weight maintenance. I know where I'll be staying thanks.

Speaking of temperatures, I've come back to a Perth heatwave! It's going to be 40* (104F) and above for the next seven days. Oh and to top it all off, the power company is doing repairs to some equipment tomorrow and are turning everyone's power off for 6 hours. I'm going to have to put half a dozen bags of ice in my refrigerators and freezers so that all my food doesn't spoil. Bastards! Obviously the air-con won't work either so we'll have to figure out somewhere cool to go hang out for the day until we can safely return home.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I had to make a little room in my wardrobe for the (ahem) ten pairs of shoes that I bought.
    I saw that

Moderate to high carb gives me a high metabolism, wolverine-like healing abilities and easy weight maintenance. I know where I'll be staying thanks.
    Can't argue with the wolverine-like healing abilities

Speaking of temperatures, I've come back to a Perth heatwave! It's going to be 40* (104F) and above for the next seven days. Oh and to top it all off, the power company is doing repairs to some equipment tomorrow and are turning everyone's power off for 6 hours. I'm going to have to put half a dozen bags of ice in my refrigerators and freezers so that all my food doesn't spoil. Bastards! Obviously the air-con won't work either so we'll have to figure out somewhere cool to go hang out for the day until we can safely return home.
    Hope you find somewhere "cool" to hang out at
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I should probably lose my primal card as, according to Mark's 'Carbohydrate Curve' I'm in Insidious Weight Gain territory, yet strangely that's not happening. All low-carb does for me is give me skin disorders, corpse-like energy levels and hypothermia due to low thyroid output. Moderate to high carb gives me a high metabolism, wolverine-like healing abilities and easy weight maintenance. I know where I'll be staying thanks.
    Nah, I think it's about avoiding toxins and finding out what works for you. Glad you found it!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    That's sad! I can't imagine not partaking of all the amazing and different things that are available when you're in a different country. I had all sorts of unusual things like pork floss (looked just like candy floss but brown), soft shell crab sushi, beef cheeks, salmon skin salad and some soup thing made with beef tendons (strange but surprisingly delicious). Part of experiencing new cultures is trying their cuisines I reckon.
    Totally. I avoid pork stateside (don't really care for it/I use the Jew card), but when I was in Cambodia, I got an amazing sandwich from this roadside stand that had a pig's head prominently displayed (so you betcha I ate that pork) all while my traveling companion whined about the lack of refridgeration and how I was going to die. Needless to say, I had absolutely 0 digestive issues whereas she had to bow out of a lot of adventures because her ongoing GI issues.

It took me 3 hours to unpack yesterday! I had to make a little room in my wardrobe for the (ahem) ten pairs of shoes that I bought. There was a fair amount of new clothing that I had to find a home for too and my underwear drawer needed a complete makeover.
    Still everything is away now and I'm settled in nicely.

I'm back to my normal eating schedule too. I'm still feeling great (my kinda great which is having high temps and energy levels) following my high protein, moderate carb and fat ratios (probably about 20/40/40) diet. Carbs mostly from dairy and fruit with some starches. I feel so much better eating this way than I do when trying to do low-carb primal that I don't think I'll ever go back to low-carb. I should probably lose my primal card as, according to Mark's 'Carbohydrate Curve' I'm in Insidious Weight Gain territory, yet strangely that's not happening. All low-carb does for me is give me skin disorders, corpse-like energy levels and hypothermia due to low thyroid output. Moderate to high carb gives me a high metabolism, wolverine-like healing abilities and easy weight maintenance. I know where I'll be staying thanks.

1. Yay for being home!
    2. I'll be by to raid your shoes, you've been warned
    3. I'm doing the sugar detox thang and my carbs are stupid-low due to that (though I suppose in maintenance by primal terms) and my body won't drop weight. Low-carb (can) be full o' shiz. In the end, you gotta do what makes you feel good
    4. I want your weather. I'm done with the rain

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!! Love the shoe stories - I'm going to Melbourne in April and fully intend to get me some shoes, and a handbag, and some clothes, and . . . . Won't be cheap, but it will be fun!

Are you loving the way your new clothes fit?? I'm imagining you checking out your new body in the mirror just to see how hot you are these days
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad you are home safe
    I reakon id be constantly looking at my new bod in the mirror