Page 134 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 134

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    YAY glad you are all good

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em! I'm following along on the blog, and am SO glad to hear that all went well! Enjoy your recovery time! I'm looking forward to the post-pics, too. Courageous woman, you!
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

datto54 is offline Member
    yay for feeling better and thanks for the link Em!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

I'm feeling much better and starting to enjoy KL as a holiday now. This is a fantastic place, I would love to come here just for a holiday without having myself cut open. It's such a melting pot of nationalities, religions and cultures which makes it so colourful and interesting.

Right now it's the start of the Chinese lunar new year and it's the year of the Dragon so there's a lot of Chinese culture on view (there's a huge Chinese population here). The dragon is my favourite creature so I'm loving it all! We're heading into Chinatown tomorrow which should be fantastic!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hey em, just had a read of your blog. Glad to hear you are feeling better. wow you can really see the diff already in those before and after shots. man you are going to be such a hottie! and i havent forgotten the new wardrobe pete promised you!!!!

enjoy KL, I'd love to go there sometime.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    YAY glad you are doing great, I am hanging out to go over to sort mine out too

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Love your nails!
    btw, when I had my laparoscopy surgery they had to blow up my abdomen with air to look inside. I had a lot of puffiness for about a week so I wore Spanx to make it more comfortable. Sounds like you're healing in leaps and bounds!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Love your nails!
    +1!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em!

I dig the nails! And I've always wanted one of those fish foot treatments... So glad you are feeling better and enjoying some of the local flavor in KL (even if it does not include margaritas...)

I hope you are feeling the love here - we are all so happy for you!!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, thanks for the love (yes, I can feel it Aila ). I'm really feeling pretty damn good now. My appetite has returned with a vengeance and I'm eating whatever the hell I feel like, whenever I feel like it. I even ate pizza and I didn't die! Actually I had no adverse effects whatsoever which is a worry, once that little voice in my head knows I can tolerate crap, I could be in all sorts of trouble! I just keep telling myself I'm on holiday and my doc told me that "now is not the time for diet!" so I'm taking him at his word.

I've been shopping up a storm these past two days, I have bought practically a new wardrobe; 10 new tops, 3 pairs of pants, a dress, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 bras with matching knickers, scarves, a new handbag, sunglasses, presents for the kids. I'm almost done except that tomorrow I may have to go and buy a new suitcase to get it all home.

I just sheepishly checked my credit card balance to see what damage I'd inflicted since I've been here and I've managed to spend $730!! For the amount of stuff that I've bought, that is absolute peanuts! I'm sorely tempted to go out and do it all over again. I budgeted $2000 for this holiday and I've come nowhere near it. I suppose the fact that I was laid up in hospital and then my hotel room for the first week here may have something to do with it.

Anyway tomorrow we're heading home (Midnight flight) so I'm fairly sure even I can't manage to come up with a way to spend the remainder of my spending money by then. Although, there were a couple of really nice Guess bags that I saw......