Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 131

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yay on the eczema! I wonder if all the gelatin is helping too?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Aila is offline Senior Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EM!!!!

Lucky woman, you will get to finish your 30s in optimal and vibrant health!! (I'm just hoping to *start* my 50s in that same fashion!)

Great news on the eczema. A whole host of ills can be cured by the PB lifestyle, I believe.

I found creamed coconut at the grocery store - thanks for the photo! Don't know if it's new or they have always carried it and I just never saw it before, but either way, YAY!

I believe I'm nearly as excited for your vacay as you are!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    My girlfriends came over last night to help me celebrate my birthday (next week) and my graduation. The final results came in yesterday - I am now officially registered as 'Course complete' on my BSc and I got 87% for my last unit, not bad for the grand total of 4 days that I spent on that entire subject. We had a great night and I took a PLAINcation and had a lovely dinner. My girlfriend went to the trouble of making some delicious gluten free chocolate cupcakes made with almond flour, how could I say no? They were incredibly rich and moist and I enjoyed every delicious morsel.
    I got some cute presents too - a painted graduation-themed champagne flute, an insulated china coffee mug with my name painted on it for my new job plus some flowers and candles. I'm very spoiled and blessed to have such lovely friends.
    Sounds like it was a wonderful evening

Happy Birthday!!!!!

I think I can safely say that my eczema is gone.
    What a wonderful birthday present!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    17 days 18 hours to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Wow, that's amazing about the eczema. Have you pinned it down to the glutamine, or was it something about calcium?? I reread the post about the naturopath, but wasn't sure. Hmmm, haven't visited your blog for a few days . . . *wanders off*
    That's ok, I haven't been writing in it much. I think I'll keep the updates to a weekly thing unless I have something interesting to say. No doubt the updates will be more regular when I'm in KL.
    I'm not sure what to 'blame' for my eczema cure. There are a couple of things that I started more or less at the same time. I started taking pregnenolone about 4 weeks ago; and I started with the calcium/magnesium/potassium supplement, glutamine and slippery elm 3 weeks ago.
    I really don't know which one is responsible or perhaps it's a combination of all of them. It's a fairly inexpensive regimen to follow however, so I think I'll just keep it up for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Yay on the eczema! I wonder if all the gelatin is helping too?
    This could be contributing also, I definitely have leaky gut and the glutamine, slippery elm and gelatin are all reported to be healing to the gut lining.
    Interestingly Chris Kresser's latest podcast is on the skin/gut connection, so I'm really looking forward to hearing what he has to say about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EM!!!!

Lucky woman, you will get to finish your 30s in optimal and vibrant health!! (I'm just hoping to *start* my 50s in that same fashion!)

Great news on the eczema. A whole host of ills can be cured by the PB lifestyle, I believe.

I found creamed coconut at the grocery store - thanks for the photo! Don't know if it's new or they have always carried it and I just never saw it before, but either way, YAY!

I believe I'm nearly as excited for your vacay as you are!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. It is quite exciting to be heading towards my 40s in great shape!

I'm glad you found the coconut, hopefully you will not become as hooked on it as I am.

As for my holiday - There are quite a few people that feel the same as you. My best friend was telling my last night how excited she is to feel my new boobs when I get back! That got Pete's attention I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Happy Birthday!!!!!
    Thank you!

I had a great day yesterday. It started with a chorus of Happy Birthday from my work colleagues after handover in the morning and a lovely bag of candles, essential oil sprays and herbal teas. That was also a farewell gift as I won't see most of my work friends next week due to the Christmas slow-down on the ward. After my sleep, I answered all the calls and messages I'd missed while asleep and opened my cards. Pete arrived after work and gave me his gift which was a really awesome pocket knife. I know it's not very sexy, but I've been after a really good pocket knife for a while and the one he bought is awesome - deadly sharp! It will come in handy for our 'mythical adventures' as Max likes to call our hikes.
    Then we went out for dinner with two of my best friends, one of whom is my steward friend who works for United Arab Emirates. He swapped a flight to New York so he could come and be with us in Perth! It was great to see him, it's been nearly a year. He bought me an awesome leather cover for my passport and a graduation-cap charm for my Pandora bracelet. Both gorgeous!
    I had an awesome scotch fillet for dinner with a red wine and peppercorn sauce and a salad with a Irish Coffee for dessert. Delicious!
    Then we came home and Pete gave me my final present for the night - I won't tell you what that was but suffice to say I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Today the kids and I are just hanging out - we're going to hit the farmer's markets later for some last minute fruit and veg shopping for Christmas but otherwise a relaxing day at home and a BBQ for dinner tonight. It's promising to be a beautiful day on Sunday - 31* and sunny. We're going to go to the beach first thing and then come home and have a roast for dinner. I'm throwing a leg of lamb and a lump of beef in the Weber with a bunch of potatoes and we'll have that with salad for Christmas dinner. Easy and low stress - my kinda Christmas Day.

15 days, 17 hours and 49 minutes to go!!

The YUMcation seems to have gone into remission. I guess doing it at Christmas with all the social functions and my birthday was not my smartest idea ever. I'll revisit it in the New Year I think.

I'm planning on being offline until Boxing Day. I hope you all have a great Christmas and enjoy your time with your family and friends.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hey em, 39!!!!!! happy birthday. yes it is awesome you are going into your 40's as a new and healed person. I'm getting excited about your holiday now, the countdown does that to me!

your friend who works for emirates, must have noticed a huge change in you since he last saw you eh?

Have a great christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    your friend who works for emirates, must have noticed a huge change in you since he last saw you eh?
    He may have, but he didn't say anything - what can I say, he's a boy!

12 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes!!

It's nearly 6pm, I've just woken up and I'm heading to my last night shift ever!! in a couple of hours. It's a little bit exciting!

Ok, so Christmas was great. We spent the morning at the beach swimming and playing around in the surf - it was an absolutely beautiful day, 31* with a cool breeze. Home in time for a lunch of eggs benedict served on top of smoked salmon and english muffins (gluten-free toast for me) and mimosas. The afternoon was spent mostly sat on the front lawn with a cidar while the kids rode their new bikes up and down the street. I made a roast beef in the kettle BBQ for dinner, I decided to use up some of the hickory wood chips that I have lying around and I have to say - I'm a big fan! The smoky flavour was subtle and it made for an awesome gravy when I used the meat drippings for it. Really, really tasty. I'll definitely be doing that again!

The ex picked the kids up about 6pm and me, my brother and Pete pulled out the vodka and the guitar hero and proceeded to have a great evening. I love playing guitar hero with those two - I totally kick their arses!!

Boxing day was very quiet as I had to work that night, so I tidied up the house and then lay around reading until it was time to grab some shuteye. It was pretty quiet at work last night too. There's obviously no planned surgeries at this time of year, so it was mainly young independant people who had some kind of injury from either fighting or falling or handyman exploits (the weekend warriors as we call them, make up half our ward on the weekends and holidays ). Tonight looks like more of the same and then I'm done! I can't believe it, it feels like it's taken forever to get here, but now I'm finally finishing I'm like "how did that happen!?"

Oooh ooh - I won some prizes from Uni!! One of them is for having the highest average mark for the Bachelor of Science out of all the students who graduated this year and the other is for having the highest average mark for the final semester! I guess that means I'm smart right?
    Each prize is $250 and it gets presented at a ceremony and a photo of me and the Dean presenting the award goes up on the wall in the faculty building! I have to write a blurb about my university experience and send it in so they can talk about me when presenting it! Yikes! All I care about is that I get a giant cheque - I've always wanted one of those, I'll be most disappointed if my cheque is normal sized.

Your Christmas sounded wonderful!

Congrats on the prize!!
    You totally deserve a BIG cheque
    (We'll need a photo)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

If I get handed a big cheque, you'd better believe you'll get a photo.

10 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes!!!

Well, I am officially unemployed! Well, I have signed a contract for my new job but I'm not working for the next 4 and a half weeks, so I'm going with unemployed. I've had a busy few days so far, the car is all packed up (to the roof no less) with the tent, sleeping matts, tables and chairs, crockery, cutlery, clothes, food, etc for our camping trip this weekend. We're heading off nice and early tomorrow morning to Kalbarri, staying here. I've never taken the kids camping on my own so this will be a bit of an adventure. The site is pretty civilised and I've paid the extra $10 a night for an ensuite site. How flash is that? You get your own toilet and shower! Hardly camping at all really is it?

Anyway, we're away till next Tuesday then I have just enough time to unpack everything and wash it all before I pack up again for Malaysia on the 9th! It's all happening I tell you!

Diet and exercise have pretty much fallen by the wayside over the last week or so, Christmas has a way of doing that to us I guess. I haven't gained any weight so that's a good thing. I haven't updated my blog in over a week either, I really should have made it less diet-oriented I think so I could use it for random posts as well as food and exercise stuff. Mind you, it's my blog so I guess I can write whatever I like hey? I'll be using it to post surgery-related pics while I'm in Malaysia so I hope you're all ready for it (Suse, you may want to look away ).

I watched an awesome youtube vid today about political correctness and the nonsense that is public health and safety. Really funny if you have 7 minutes to spare...

Enjoy your unemployment and the camping. An ensuite site? Nice. I've never seen that here. Of course, that's why we have a trailer

Anyway, we're away till next Tuesday then I have just enough time to unpack everything and wash it all before I pack up again for Malaysia on the 9th! It's all happening I tell you!
    I'm So excited for you!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy