Page 129 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 129

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bloody spammers! Vancouver real estate - seriously! How many Canadians are there on this forum and he picks the girl who lives in Western Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Grats on the weight loss. Also, a very nice blog indeed. However, not one single picture of your behind. I am disappoint (kidding, your before and after pictures are amazing.)
    Thanks Jon. I would post a pic of my rear end for you, but it seems a little gratuitous don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Hi Em!

CONGRATS! 1.6kg is fabulous! (FYI I am aiming for 50kg, which is what I weighed a long long time ago when I was living in Europe and weighed myself in kgs! Plus I love that it is such a nice round number...)
    Hi Aila! Wow, you're aiming to weigh what I've lost!

Since we're both trying to incorporate similar strategies (low food reward and Wahls) into Primal, I'm especially interested in your tweaks. For me too, adding a little salt, for example, is something I've done and doesn't feel too far afield from LFR. I agree that the big issue with Wahl's approach is how to get 9 cups of those veg a day! I notice that some of the veg cover more than one category, and I'm wondering if that might help with the sheer volume. But, I'm not sure and that specific info doesn't appear on her website. I already eat and love all those veg and fruit, but working up to that volume is going to take some time.
    I think if one of your veg choices covers two categories then you're fine. The aim is to get 9 cups that includes 3 sulphurous, 3 green leafy and 3 brightly coloured. If you were to eat 6 cups of kale for example, I think you could say that you've covered your sulphurous and leafy vegetables for the day. I eat a whole bunch of kale or chard everyday and it easily makes 6 or 7 cups, although it cooks down to a reasonable sized bowl. Mind you chard isn't a brassica, so that doesn't count, but you get my point.

Really looking forward to learning how your surgery goes!
    You and me both love!

I posted on my blog about the naturopath that I've recently begun consulting with. He started me on some supplements and meds for my gut permeability and calcium deficiency this week which I've been taking for a few days now. I have noticed over the last day or two that my eczema is clearing up, yesterday I noticed that it seemed less inflamed but today, it's quite staggering. There's no redness at all, no swelling and most amazingly no itching!!! I'm trying not to get too excited but it's kinda hard as this damned affliction is the bane of my life! To see such a rapid improvement is incredibly gratifying! I think perhaps it may be the glutamine. From wikipedia..

In catabolic states of injury and illness, glutamine becomes conditionally-essential (requiring intake from food or supplements). Glutamine has been studied extensively over the past 1015 years and has been shown to be useful in treatment of serious illnesses, injury, trauma, burns, and treatment-related side-effects of cancer as well as in wound healing for postoperative patients
    I have been advised to take this as it is apparently incredibly healing to the microvilli of the intestine and therefore good for intestinal permeability, but it also seems to be good for immune function and wound healing. Mmm, maybe I should take some to Malaysia?

Did you guys get to see the lunar eclipse last night? Oh, it may be tonight for some of you - time zones and all that. Anyway, the kids and I sat out on a blanket on the lawn and watched the whole thing last night. We had clear skies and it was just amazing! The moon was a really gorgeous orange-pink colour when the Earth's shadow had completely covered her. It made me wonder what our ancestors who didn't know anything about the movements of the planets would have made of something like that. It would have been quite scary to slowly watch the moon disappear I would imagine!

Ok, I'd better get off my butt. I'm taking the kids to the beach this morning before it gets really hot.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    I love, love, love chard! And 9 cups of veggies isn't a crazy amount once you consider it's 9 cups without packing. I'd say I get around 6 cups currently, but should put in more leafy greens. Since the market ended, though, I lost my favorite vendor of chard I wonder if the supplements you're on would help my sister. She has some crazy eczema. It's looking a lot better since she's started cutting out certain foods, but it still hangs around.
    We're having too much fog to see anything in the sky It makes me sad

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    but it seems a little gratuitous don't you think?
    Huh, it sounds bad when you say it

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    let's face it, should food represent entertainment in our lives, really? Anyway as with everything, I guess it comes down to how much you want the result of the change you're making.
    +1

I watched the Terry Wahls TED talk today - Wow, what an amazing story eh?
    I watched it too. It IS amazing! I know I don't eat close to 9 cups of veggies a day...

My countdown to Malaysia now has a zero in the 'months' column!
    Excellent!!

I have noticed over the last day or two that my eczema is clearing up, yesterday I noticed that it seemed less inflamed but today, it's quite staggering. There's no redness at all, no swelling and most amazingly no itching!!! I'm trying not to get too excited but it's kinda hard as this damned affliction is the bane of my life! To see such a rapid improvement is incredibly gratifying! I think perhaps it may be the glutamine.
    This is great!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Excellent news on the eczema! Fingers crossed that you've nailed the issue this time.

That amount of veges makes my wame shrivel just thinking about it! I've got some healing to do yet before I can think of that amount. I'd probably get about a cup at the moment.

Thanks for the PM - food for thought!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Isn't it funny how the spammers seem to pick one post and keep repeating it over and over? Mind you this one is fairly harmless (unlike the one they keep repeating in Wine'n'Candy's journal - that really sucks! ) Ah well, I'll just keep reporting them and hopefully the worker bees will get it sorted.

I'm off to work in 1/2 an hour - only 6 more night-shifts to go!! I actually managed to get some sleep this afternoon which was great, probably due to my terrible night last night. Does anyone else sleep badly on the full moon? I always have repeated awakenings and really weird dreams - One of the dreams I woke from last night, I was training to become a prostitute! I'm not sure how much training you need for that job, but it was all very official. When I told Pete, he laughed and said "well it pays better than nursing!" Cheeky bugger.

YUMcation is going well, I had a minor hiatus yesterday in that I cooked a lamb roast and ate some roast potatoes and had my home-made gravy on my meat, but I figure one meal won't kill me. The hardest thing I'm finding is getting all the fruit and veg in that I'm trying to eat - I'm just not really very hungry. I had a BAS today with some sardines and 1/2 a pineapple and a banana for breakfast but that's all I've wanted. I made up a big stew with the leftover lamb and put sweet potato, beets and red and orange capsicum in it, which I'll eat for 'lunch' tonight, but I don't think I made 9 cups. It makes little sense to eat when not hungry though, so I'll just do my best. If I make vegetables and fruit the mainstay of the meals I do eat, I think that's good enough.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    9 cups of veges. seriously I just cant imagine it... but I suppose if I really stopped and thought about it, it's not much as uncooked, I guess it is smaller when you cook it.

Great news on the eczema.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it funny how the spammers seem to pick one post and keep repeating it over and over? Mind you this one is fairly harmless (unlike the one they keep repeating in Wine'n'Candy's journal - that really sucks! ) Ah well, I'll just keep reporting them and hopefully the worker bees will get it sorted.
    Yes it does suck
    I keep reporting them too...

I'm off to work in 1/2 an hour - only 6 more night-shifts to go!!
    One of the dreams I woke from last night, I was training to become a prostitute! I'm not sure how much training you need for that job, but it was all very official. When I told Pete, he laughed and said "well it pays better than nursing!" Cheeky bugger.
    hahaha

YUMcation is going well,
    Good.
    I'm interested in your results, I may have to try it...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    9 cups of veges. seriously I just cant imagine it... but I suppose if I really stopped and thought about it, it's not much as uncooked, I guess it is smaller when you cook it.
    Yeah it sounds like a lot but a bunch of silverbeet, de-stalked is about 9 cups when packed, once cooked though it's a bowl's worth and easy to eat. The trick is getting the variety, I'm finding.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I'm interested in your results, I may have to try it...
    I think it's a relatively easy and painless thing to do and even if the food reward theory is bogus, reducing 'tasty' foods automatically reduces your calorie intake. When you eliminate chocolate, alcohol, cream, butter, honey, etc and focus on whole foods cooked simply you do eat less - plain and simple. However the reduction in appetite that I'm experiencing tells me that there is definitely something to the food reward hypothesis beyond calorie restriction.

Work last night was fairly easy, I had mostly opthal patients last night who were all independant and just needed eye drops. I got to read a fair bit of my book as a result. I'm really really hoping for a toil tonight as we're over-staffed and I do not want to go relieving to another ward but it's 7pm already and I've heard nothing so it looks like I'm off to work. Still - only 5 shifts to go!!

I got the toil!!!!!