Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 12

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Loud music & rubber gloves... that's the way to clean a house. I miss those warm summer cleaning days, with all the windows open and the music jammin'.

Happy Wednesday!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Apart from the champagne at my Christmas function, I have been 100% clean eating. I have also managed to keep up the commitment to eating 3 good meals a day. I am really noticing the difference in my energy levels from eating breakfast too, so will keep it up.
    Excellent work on the 100% clean eating
    Maybe I should add breakfast too...

I have a ton of housework to do today, due to my really low energy levels, I have been a bit slack around the house and now it's starting to piss me off, so today, since it's finally cooled down a bit, I'm gonna get stuck into it.
    Have fun ?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Ok, it's Day... um... shit, lemme check... Day 10 of the Whole 21. I think I'm just gonna call it a Whole 30. Whole 21 sounds stupid, however I will be breaking the Whole 30 on the 30th day cos that's my birthday and my girls are coming round for cocktails

Well so far so good. Apart from the champagne at my Christmas function, I have been 100% clean eating. I have also managed to keep up the commitment to eating 3 good meals a day. I am really noticing the difference in my energy levels from eating breakfast too, so will keep it up.

I have a ton of housework to do today, due to my really low energy levels, I have been a bit slack around the house and now it's starting to piss me off, so today, since it's finally cooled down a bit, I'm gonna get stuck into it.

Loud music? - Check
    Rubber gloves? - Check
    Willpower? - Um... well.... ur.. ok, yeah alright

Have a great Wednesday everyone
    why is it that loud music helps with the housework! It sure does for me. Glad to see you are sticking with your plan and being good. and yes those 3 meals a day must be helping. way to go.

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the housework monster!
    I am glad to know breakfast is increasing your energy levels ... maybe I'll give that a try. There's only so much coffee a girl should drink in a day...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Loud music & rubber gloves... that's the way to clean a house. I miss those warm summer cleaning days, with all the windows open and the music jammin'.

Happy Wednesday!
    It was actually fun, although my OCD tendancies started to manifest and I ended up pulling the covers off the couch and washing them, washing the walls and lifting all the rugs and washing under them! Man it felt good when it was done though!

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Excellent work on the 100% clean eating
    Maybe I should add breakfast too...
    It really helps with my energy levels, as to whether it'll help me lose weight.... that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    why is it that loud music helps with the housework! It sure does for me.
    I guess you can fool yourself that you're actually dancing and having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by jazmin View Post
    Good luck with the housework monster!
    I am glad to know breakfast is increasing your energy levels ... maybe I'll give that a try. There's only so much coffee a girl should drink in a day...
    Well, since I'm not drinking coffee anymore (except decaf), I have to replace it with something

So I bought some new bathroom scales yesterday, the ones that measure bodyfat and muscle mass etc.. I know they're not the most accurate things in the world, but I need some sort of idea of how much blubber I'm carrying around. Anyhoo, I jumped on this morning and got a completely different reading to the %age I get when I use the online tool where you measure everything. Not just a little different either, like 15% difference!! So instead of being clearer on where I am, I'm even more confused!!?!

According to the scales, my BF% is 54% which is more than half of my bodyweight! The online tool I used had me at 40%. That means to get down to 25% bodyfat (my minimum goal), I need to weigh 56.4kg which is just insane for my height and build, I think I was 9 the last time I weighed that!

To put it into perspective, I am 5'10" and I wear a (US) size 12, actually my jeans I'm wearing today are a size 10! How can I possibly lose 43.2kg!?!?!

I am probably overthinking this, but I've always thought the BMI was baloney and I bought the scales to give me a more accurate idea of how much weight I need to lose, now I feel totally flat. I really am sick and tired of thinking about it all! I have managed to lose 45kg (99lbs) over the last 6 years and now I am stuck and I've just had enough!!!

Anyway, enough of my pity-party. Time to get on with the day.

Have a great Thursday

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Here are my thoughts on bodyfat scales...

you need to get on at the same time of day when you weigh. I do it when i get out of the shower and am dried off. I've usually had a cup of tea by then and emptied my bladder so the same situation applies each time I weigh.

Also, depending on where you carry your weight could make a big difference on that body fat %. I have not a skerrick of fat on my butt or legs so my body fat % is low (usually around 22% - but I think the calipers would tell a different story around my belly thats for sure!) My boyfriend gets on and his is quite high, well he does have more of an ass than I do but he's a little guy and not fat at all...

The good thing about having these dumb scales is that you can measure some type of progress... ok its not accurate but its something. I definitely dont think you should get caught up on the % of body fat, cause really its a crock of shit, but as I say, it is something with which to guage your progress. Hope that helps.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    adding LBM will aslo lower BF%, not just dropping weight

batty is offline Senior Member
    first off, yeah, those impedance scales can be horridly inaccurate. the reading can be affected by merely drinking a glass of water. it also just measures your lower half, so if your body fat ditribution isn't even, you won't get an accurate overall reading there, either. don't rely too heavily on it, if you are really interested in getting an accurate measurement, the cheapo accumeasure calipers are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    this, so hard. being healthy isn't just having a low body fat percentage - its about having a good amount of muscle as well.

i implore you to read this:

http://gubernatrix.co.uk/2010/11/why...oever-you-are/

and i wish more women would shift their focus from 'losing fat' to 'building muscle'. they'd see better results. i've gone from 40% BF to about 18% and there's only a 4 lb difference from the 'before' me and the 'after' me.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Here are my thoughts on bodyfat scales...

you need to get on at the same time of day when you weigh. I do it when i get out of the shower and am dried off. I've usually had a cup of tea by then and emptied my bladder so the same situation applies each time I weigh.

Also, depending on where you carry your weight could make a big difference on that body fat %. I have not a skerrick of fat on my butt or legs so my body fat % is low (usually around 22% - but I think the calipers would tell a different story around my belly thats for sure!) My boyfriend gets on and his is quite high, well he does have more of an ass than I do but he's a little guy and not fat at all...

The good thing about having these dumb scales is that you can measure some type of progress... ok its not accurate but its something. I definitely dont think you should get caught up on the % of body fat, cause really its a crock of shit, but as I say, it is something with which to guage your progress. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for that Suze, that's how I plan to use them, as long as the %age is going down, that's the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    DUDE! Congrats on all yer success thus far! You've done a LOT of work.

I've never used a bodyfat% scale, but I suspect some bullshit is afoot.
    Thanks Mrs Bone I must keep that in mind when I get all down on myself, I have done a hell of a lot of work already!

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    first off, yeah, those impedance scales can be horridly inaccurate. the reading can be affected by merely drinking a glass of water. it also just measures your lower half, so if your body fat ditribution isn't even, you won't get an accurate overall reading there, either. don't rely too heavily on it, if you are really interested in getting an accurate measurement, the cheapo accumeasure calipers are the way to go.

this, so hard. being healthy isn't just having a low body fat percentage - its about having a good amount of muscle as well.

i implore you to read this:

http://gubernatrix.co.uk/2010/11/why...oever-you-are/

and i wish more women would shift their focus from 'losing fat' to 'building muscle'. they'd see better results. i've gone from 40% BF to about 18% and there's only a 4 lb difference from the 'before' me and the 'after' me.
    I will read that link right after posting, thanks 216 and Batty for the suggestion, it's something I am working on. However, I just want to make it clear that I am not a soft, flabby girl anyway. I have a lot of muscle mass and I'm very strong (not as strong as you Bats I'm sure, but pretty good ). It's part of the reason I'm so heavy.
    There's no getting away from the fact that I have fat to lose though and while working on increasing my strength is one thing, I really need to burn some fat too!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link Batgirl

I'm in the same boat, Em. Way too much jiggle going on that really has to GO AWAY!