Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 111

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Weekend is nearly over, it's been a good one. Yesterday I had a one-on-one day with my eldest son, a very rare treat to have that time and only possible because my Mum is down and can watch the other two. I have the next two Saturdays lined up with my daughter and my youngest boy respectively.
    I took him to the farmers markets and we had lunch and just hung out. We petted cats and rabbits at the pet stall, ate 2 whole punnets of strawberries walking around the fruit and veg stalls, had sushi for lunch, stopped and listened to a busker. it was really good fun.
    I have about 2 hours of homework to do before I go back to work tomorrow and I'm procrastinating, because that's what I do. I really should get started though, because it's nearly dinner time and I don't want to be doing this tonight.

So.. what else? Oh yeah, I worked out my body fat %age here. It gives you 3 different results from the US Navy, Marines and Army calculators. I picked the result in the middle which said I was 34% which sounds a lot better and more accurate than my silly scales which still show over 40%! So, if I want to get to 23%, which I do, I need to lose another 8kg (about 20lbs). That sounds about right, I still have a fair few wobbly bits even though I'm a lot smaller than I was.

I don't think I'm going to do another round of hCG, I feel fairly confident I can get that much off on my own. I'm going to focus on keeping my calories in a sensible range (around 1600-1700) and eat lots of fresh fruit and veg. I'm going to aim for a 50/30/20 fat/carb/protein ratio as it's spring here and all the lovely fruits are starting to come into season and I want to eat them, which means lowering my fat intake a little to compensate.

I'm going to do a proper third quarter update next weekend for the end of September complete with some new photos and measurements. I'm also setting some new goals for the last quarter of the year (although I've started already).

1) Increase intake of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables and decrease fat intake a little.
    2) Make sure to drink enough water, I've been getting really slack with this and suffering the consequences.
    3) Cut all artificial sweeteners (I'm a week in to this now and am finally enjoying my coffee without sweetener!)
    4) Do either bodyweight, kettlebell or free-weight training 3 x per week.
    5) Lose 5 kg by December 31st (at least).
    6) Unrelated to diet and exercise - Declutter my house before I start working full-time next year.

If I can't report that those goals are completed by the end of December, somebody give me a kick up the arse!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I like your goals
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks

Where did my life go? This full-time working malarky is leaving no time for a social life or in fact any spare time at all!! It doesn't help that I have extra-curricular work as well. This sucks!

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    OMGeeee! I have not been around in a while. I am totally crashing your journal and haven't read it, but I needed to RUN somewhere and as FAST as I could! I went to the Nutrition area and thought I woudl read some. And I see people saying grains are okay if you want to eat them and someone (prolly a troll) going on about cals in/cals out. What happened in the last 4-5 months?!?!?

Okay, sorry I had to fins someone I 'knew and felt comfy 'running to'.

I know right?! I don't go anywhere in the forum anymore except the journals of my peeps. There's too much craziness out there.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I am still venturing over there a bit, I am a glutton for punishment I guess

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    It's a downward spiral - don't go there, and don't feed the trolls. :S

Oh, and awesome goals, Em!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Hey Em! Just wanted to stop by and spread some love <3

Hope life is treating you well

Hey DR, I'll take the love wherever I can get it. xxx

Well, it's that time of year again, another 3 months gone so it's time for another quarterly update. The numbers look particularly good this time.

Here's the comparison with July 1 to October 1....

Weight: Then 92.3kg - Now 83.1kg - Loss 9.2kg (20.2lbs)

Measurements:

Bust: Was 104cm - Now 98cm
    Waist: Was 87cm - Now 76cm
    Abdomen: Was 108cm - Now 98cm
    Hips: Was 108cm - Now 98cm
    Thigh: Was 67cm - Now 60cm
    Upper arm: Was 35cm - Now 32cm

The photos are Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st.

Gotta say that I'm pretty damn pleased with my progress this year.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    You look FANTASTIC!!! What a difference you've made since January!