Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 103

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I think it went well, got lots of friendly nods and "I think you covered everything there" and one "wow, that's the most comprehensive answer we've had to that question."
    That's a great reply!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    My legs are still sore, definitely better than they were (I can walk without screaming now ),
    That's good!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Em - just checking in. Excellent report of your interview - sounds like you hit all their sweet spots!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you knocked their socks off at the interview.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the interview doll! And yay for having water back!!

I might try to integrate the coconut oil fast as well, maybe once a month. I do get some inflammation here and there for sure. I just need to make sure it's not a day I do yoga. maybe a school day would be good...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Morning folks!

Well, our glorious weekend weather has gone, it's grey and cloudy and cold again. Ah well, at least we had a beautiful weekend. Pete and I took our kids hiking to an old abandoned railway tunnel in the Swan Valley yesterday. My kids are like bloody monkeys, they had to climb every rock face they came across and there are lots out there. I know they're strong and fit but I can't help watching with my heart in my mouth when they're 20 feet above me hanging onto a small ledge. I'm so proud of them though, they are proper little primal people.
    In contrast, Pete's daughter whined and complained and faked a sore leg the whole way. She told her father a couple of weeks ago that she fakes falling down or feeling sick when she wants to get out of something. Not a smart move as she was totally ignored yesterday as she trudged along crying. She got the 'crying wolf' talk from me about it too, you'd better believe it. It just makes me want to murder her mother, she's putting on more weight everyday, she's really quite fat and her mother blames Pete for it, saying that she's hitting puberty early (she's 8) because he left. She not going through fucking puberty, she's FAT! They are not breasts budding on her chest, they're fat. It infuriates me, because by putting the blame on Pete and not taking responsiblity for their appalling diet and lack of physical activity, she's just going to make her worse, she's going to be obese by the time she hits high school and that's just fucking cruel!
    Anyway **breathe Emma** overall I had a great weekend and it just makes me even more proud of my kids and more secure in the knowledge that I'm doing the best I can for them, their health and their future.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I can certainly understand your frustration. Hopefully Pete's daughter takes your kids as an example and figures out it is far more fun to get out and climb and explore than it is to sit around crying and whining.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    ^ What he said.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    jeez you gotta wonder about the mother, I've never heard of hitting puberty early because of stress? Oh well as long as both you and Pete and your kids are being good role models, hopefully she'll snap out of it.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Aww... I feel so bad for the poor girl. It's not easy (boy do I know!) but when you're a kid you don't really know, you know? The hard part is trying to figure out how to help her. I'm sure she probably has self esteem issues by now (I know I did) so it's sorta like walking on eggshells on how to approach it. I think once I'm educated, certified and all that, I want to work with kids- younger girls especially- on being healthy. Of course that means getting my own head on straight too.

Yes, you're doing a GREAT job with your kiddos! Be proud!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    jeez you gotta wonder about the mother, I've never heard of hitting puberty early because of stress? Oh well as long as both you and Pete and your kids are being good role models, hopefully she'll snap out of it.
    There's some study that was done that looked into the reasons that girls are hitting puberty earlier and earlier these days. They pointed at hormones in food, increased junk-food intake and girls with no father living at home. It was an observational study so basically worthless as there were no girls with divorced parents who weren't also eating hormone-laden junk food, so it's impossible to draw a conclusion. However the media got ahold of it and as usual reported that "studies show that girls with no father at home hit puberty earlier." Pete's ex jumped on this aspect of course because it absolves her of responsibility.
    My argument, whether you believe any of the above or not is that the poor girl hasn't hit puberty! There's a very obvious difference between breast buds that you see in early pubescence and fat deposits. Breast buds are behind the nipple area and start small. Pete's girl has a perfectly flat, small, typical 8 y/o chest, she just has fat deposited there, a bit like what you see with man-boobs.
    Anyway, I hope you're right, because I know what faces her in High school as a fat kid and it ain't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Aww... I feel so bad for the poor girl. It's not easy (boy do I know!) but when you're a kid you don't really know, you know? The hard part is trying to figure out how to help her. I'm sure she probably has self esteem issues by now (I know I did) so it's sorta like walking on eggshells on how to approach it. I think once I'm educated, certified and all that, I want to work with kids- younger girls especially- on being healthy. Of course that means getting my own head on straight too.

Yes, you're doing a GREAT job with your kiddos! Be proud!
    Thanks D, I try.
    I know she has esteem issues already, I've heard her talking to Chloe saying "I know I'm fat" and she spends a lot of time pulling at her clothes to try and hide her belly. I don't really know what to do, my beliefs about diet and activity are polar opposites from what her mother believes and the half-day a fortnight I spend with her is not going to have any serious influence. Besides, even if she believes I'm right, she's still at the mercy of her mother's decisions. I guess all I can do is offer an example of what's possible if you want to change and maybe one day when she's older she'll see the difference between me and her Mum (who is morbidly obese and unable to go anywhere that has more than one step) and come asking questions.
    Btw, I think you would do an amazing job working with kids. You'll be a 'cool, funky adult' and kids love talking with people like that and sometimes even listen!

So, I am doing great. I hiked for 10km yesterday around the lake, which was gorgeous, the weather was just beautiful. Apart from nearly stepping on a 5ft long Tiger Snake that was sunning itself on the path, it was great! I nearly had a sodding heart attack! I was walking along gazing at the view and turned around when I was 2 steps away from treading on it (they're highly venomous btw)! Needless to say, I ignored the view for the remaining few kilometers!
    My weight is holding steady, I'm trying to stabilise for a while before I attack the last few kilos and so far so good. I'm wearing a new pair of jeans today that wouldn't go near me 3 weeks ago, so I think the toning continues even though my weight is holding steady.

There's bone marrow, shin beef and a pile of veg in my slow-cooker for dinner tonight, nom nom. And I'm making a lamb neck soup for dinner tomorrow. I'm hoping that increasing my collagen intake will help my skin repair and tighten after having lost all this weight, the fact that it's come off slowly and on a high-fat diet means that I'm doing pretty well considering, but there's no getting away from the fact that this skin was holding over 100lbs of extra mass 4 years ago and there is some damage. Ah well, what can't be fixed by diet can be fixed with a surgeon's knife if it comes to that!

Anyhoo, I really have to get some study done, I'll catch up with ya'll tonight when the kids are in bed.