Page 102 of 151 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 102

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^ what she said

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Aw shucks... Thanks!

I think it went well, got lots of friendly nods and "I think you covered everything there" and one "wow, that's the most comprehensive answer we've had to that question." In retrospect, I don't think there's anything I missed that I should have said, or things I said that I shouldn't. Now the wait begins, I'll find out on the 22nd.

I'm feeling bloated and blah today. I skipped breakfast a couple of times in the last week and my body doesn't seem to like an interrupted meal schedule anymore. I'm obviously doing well on the high-protein early breaky and I need to stick to it.

My legs are still sore, definitely better than they were (I can walk without screaming now ), but my calf muscles are still sore and swollen. I'm going to head out for a nice gentle hike today and get some blood flowing, see if that helps. I really want to do a workout, but I don't want to go backwards on the healing thing. Maybe I should just do the pull-ups and push-ups and leave the squats for now.
    I'm boxing again on Wednesday morning, looking forward to it, I just hope that it doesn't knock me out for another 4 days.

canio6 Guest
    Once you get used to it you will be knocking boxing out. It just takes time for the muscles to get used to new movements and such. Bloated and blah isn't great but it seems you have it squared away. Keep rocking it chica!

Thanks Canio. I feel much better today, I decided to do a 36 hour coconut oil fast as per The Perfect Health Diet. I spent the whole day peeing and dropped the 4 lbs worth of inflammation that I had from my swollen calf muscles.

I'm heading to Bell's Rapids today with the kids, remember we went there 6 months ago in the middle of Summer and it was completely dry? Well we decided to go back and see what it looks like with water in the river. We've had heaps of rain over the last month so hopefully the rapids will really be rapid.

canio6 Guest
    Good luck on the rapids. Hopefully they found some of the water you lost :P

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    36 hour coconut oil fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    36 hour coconut oil fast?

From The Perfect Health Diet as I mentioned. You get all the benefits of normal fasting such as autophagy as you're restricting protein, but you get heaps of energy from the ketones that are produced from the coconut oil. I try to do it once a month. Have dinner Monday, all day Tuesday have nothing but fat calories, approx 12T of coconut oil, heavy cream in your coffee is fine too. Breakfast as normal on Wednesday.
    I find long fasts miserable, this way I have plenty of energy and I don't get hungry.

From this in February..

... to this in August.

It was a glorious day today, 19*C sunny and bright. We hiked to the top of the valley and back down, that's my sprints for this week.

canio6 Guest
    Beautiful!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy