Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 101

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am in pain, not fun gentle DOMS pain, serious I can't walk pain. In my calf muscles, from the skipping! Everywhere else I have that nice "I worked out hard" soreness, my calves are literally giving way underneath me! You can tell that the other exercise I've been doing has been neglecting those muscles. YOUCH!!!!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Ouch indeed! That's not good. Stretch them slowly and carefully, and use a heat pack to loosen the muscles a bit and encourage better blood flow. (says the philosophy grad to the nurse.)

Hope you're feeling better soon so you can more quickly return to training.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I am in pain, not fun gentle DOMS pain, serious I can't walk pain. In my calf muscles, from the skipping! Everywhere else I have that nice "I worked out hard" soreness, my calves are literally giving way underneath me! You can tell that the other exercise I've been doing has been neglecting those muscles. YOUCH!!!!
    Ohh, hardcore DOMS! I did that to myself once... 9 miles in knee-high snow. 9 miles of high-stepping left me walking like Clint Eastwood for a week! Sitting down, standing back up, bending... impossible. :-/

I hear ice baths help, but I'm such a big baby about cold, I'd rather suffer through the pain.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ah yes DOMS. I remember it so well after my first session of boot camp. I couldnt go to the toilet without screaming. Walking like a robot etc. ah yes DOMS

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Ouch!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks guys. I had the worst night's sleep, couldn't roll over without yelping and I could not get comfortable! Pete gave my calves a good rub last night, but they are even painful to the touch! I've done some serious damage down there. This morning I had to give in and take some anti-inflammatory meds. I don't like meds (says the nurse ) so you can imagine how sore I must be to take them! At least now I can walk, albeit in a stiff, wooden kinda way.
    In other news.... I can feel my abs! I can feel the little ridges of the 6 pack! Unfortunately they're still buried under an couple of inches of flab, but they're there! Just think, in about a year I might be able to see them!

Abs are a pain in the ass to get to, and they love to taunt you. They're the first things you want to see but the last to actually show themselves. Little bastards.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Job interview today at midday for my grad program next year.

Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, make an animal sacrifice, etc... Wish me luck!

Animals. . . sacrificed (and tasty to boot). G'luck!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck!!!
    But you are AWESOME!!! and you don't need luck
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy