Page 100 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1504

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 100

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hear you, and completely get how you felt about the whole thing. As a student, you're pretty much stuck in a corner with no good way out if you want to get through the program. Pretty much sucks big time. I can't see how you could have done much about it, without jeopardizing your grade, but it still sucks.

Not sure I have anything helpful to say here, but hugs to you and just keep on doing what you need to do for you for now. Trying to change the world isn't so easy...

peril is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that sucks big time. Don't think there is a dietitian out there who would have given different advice. Doesn't make it any easier to stomach though. At least you're through it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Yep, posting about it took a weight off too, I feel better. So long as I don't have to go through it again.

So, I'm down another 0.9kg this week. I'm not even really trying anymore, it just keeps coming off! I'm making an effort to increase my calories now as I want to stabilise at this weight for a while, I'm thinking my skin needs some time to catch up. So, since the beginning of the year, I've lost 17.6kg (103 down to 85.4) on average that's 2.5kg a month, that is not too shabby! I've also gone from a tight 16 to a 12 (Aus sizing) which is also very cool.

I'm wanting to step up my training now too so I've signed up at a boxing gym, I've got my first PT session on Monday and I think that level of training is going to seriously kick my arse, but I need it. I know that I don't push myself as hard as I could or should to get the results I want (read: buff and strong ) and I know that a group dynamic will help me do that. Besides I love the idea of sparring, what a frustration killer!

Uni starts again on Monday, it's going to be a full on few months, I have a 3000 word essay to complete, an exam and 7 weeks of clinical prac to get through, but by the 2nd week of November I'll be done, finally!

I also have my grad program interview on Thursday, so wish me luck.

Off to dinner with friends tonight, I anticipate imbibing too much red wine, I'm going through a NZ Marlborough Pinot Noir phase atm, man they're good!

Have a great weekend!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Aw, Em.. How sucky! Eeek! I know how it goes... I'm only getting my degree in counseling psychology and you're not allowed to talk about how diet can affect mood!!! ARGH!!!!! Seriously????

I probably will anyway... at least eventually... I need to find a nutritionist and doctor I trust so I can refer...

Nice on the weight loss... wierd how once it starts it just goes... I'm the same way... lately I really don't try at all. Just eating the same stuff, doing my yoga... etc... I only really want to drop one more size (no idea how many pounds that would be I stil haven't weighed myself in the past two years, LOL)... but I'm happy with myself now. And that, is what's important.

You'll have to tell us how boxing goes! I tried that once and it was cool.. just didn't settle with me. Wierd.. it's like you're built for certain things... but yoga seems to be mine. At the end I feel worn out, energized, relaxed and calm. And damn if I don't need that...

M
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Hey Em
    I was just wondering what you have done differently to aid the weightloss and perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing a typical day of food?

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, can't wait to hear what boxing is like!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I had to post again cos I'm soooooo excited!

I just picked up my assignment guidelines for one of the units I'm studying this semester. What we have to do is pick a large-scale health issue in the population, talk about the statistics, the costs to society and to the individual and what is currently being done to address the problem and how effective it has been. THEN we get to suggest a different way of managing the problem and talk about how it could be applied.
    How cool is this!?!? I'm going to talk about diabetes and how we could apply a lower carb/higher fat diet to it's management. The research is out there, I spend half my free time reading about it already. I can already off the top of my head think of a few different studies that I can use to back up my arguments. I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this and I'll be very interested to see how it is received.
    Finally I get to do something in my degree that reflects what I believe in, not just what I have to spout to get a passing grade. I am very excited about this.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I can totally relate to your boxing experience. I used to go on a friday at the gym downstairs a few years ago. What a killer! And I laughed out loud at your beetroot face... I was exactly the same. But yeah, knowing you survived it is a pretty awesome experience.

well done.

And I like your idea for your assignment, you're so passionate about it, it is totally the thing for you to do!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I had to post again cos I'm soooooo excited!

Finally I get to do something in my degree that reflects what I believe in, not just what I have to spout to get a passing grade. I am very excited about this.
    This is EXCELLENT!!!

And the boxing sounds scary, but fun
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    This is most excellent!! What an awesome opportunity to meet the program requirements while staying true to what we all know is right, regardless of all that CW crap being taught! I'm so happy for you

The boxing thing sounds great, I'd be right into that...especially with 2 huge teenage boys who would love to see me hold my own while sparring with them!