Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - NourishedEm page 10

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm playing catch up

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm also really really tired like all the time. I'm eating 100% primal, I exercise most days and I get good amounts of sleep... so why do I feel like I can barely drag my arse out of bed?
    I feel like this too. It sucks.

One of the things that the book suggests is to do an elimination diet for 3 weeks. It's a way of finding out what foods may be a trigger for the autoimmune reaction against the thyroid. So starting today, I am cutting out dairy and eggs. Gluten is the other one I have to eliminate but I'm already on board with that one obviously. I've also decided to not drink any alcohol for the same period.... Gulp...... That's going to be the biggest change I think as I drink a few times a week at the moment. Luckily my BF wants to cut out the booze too so at least I won't have to watch him drink while trying to abstain. I guess I'm kinda doing my own version of the Whole 30, except I'm doing a Whole 21
    Good luck! Elimination diets can be tough...I'm trying with dairy (not too successfully) and trying to limit wine to weekends only. The no cheese is the hardest!

Saw the new Doc today. Not impressed! He was a very sweet old fella, but um'd and ah'd and agreed that I was definately hypothyroid based on my labs and symptoms and that I should probably see someone knowledgable and maybe I should get some more labwork taken at another lab and then said cya! No referral, no lab request. I seriously think the old dude has lost it!
    I've found a Thyroid support group here in WA today and they recommended a clinic that has some good docs there apparently, so that's what I'll try next.
    I gotta tell ya, it'a frustrating as hell when you realise that you know more about the condition you suffer from than most doctors do. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have to rely on them to treat me for the fucking thing!!
    I hear you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

batty is offline Senior Member
    good luck all around, sister. things will work out.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I gotta tell ya, it'a frustrating as hell when you realise that you know more about the condition you suffer from than most doctors do. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have to rely on them to treat me for the fucking thing!!
    That's the same problem I face, and naturopaths are hard to find here, and EXPENSIVE. The first doctor I went to barely looked at the nodule on my thyroid and said "That'll have to come out." To hell it will! She didn't even put on a pair of gloves before saying this. Insane.

Wishing you the very best in your search. Definitely take advice from folks who have been through it and hopefully avoid their bad experiences.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    The best doctors I've ever found were actually referred through some of the better local hospitals. They had referral phone number posted on their websites.

Hoping you feel better today, EM!
    I work at a hospital as a nurse and haven't had any luck there, but thanks for the suggestion. It's another of those CW things. CW docs will give you synthetic T4 and adjust your meds based on your lab results. Holistic docs who actually know something about the complex relationship between your thyroid and the rest of your body will treat based on symptoms and will also address your adrenals and immune system and the other things that may be causing the hypothyroidism.
    Thanks for the good wishes, I'm looking forward to feeling better

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    Good luck at the new clinic! Hope you get the tests, etc., that you need.
    Thanks Ellie, I hope so too!

Quote Originally Posted by jazmin View Post
    Hi - was listening to my backlog of Jimmy Moore podcasts while working around the house yesterday - this one was especially fascinating and made me think of you. Not to be all annoying with unwanted advice ... just thought you might be interested in this guy's take on the whole hypothyroid deal.

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/s...azian-episode/
    He's the guy who wrote the book I mentioned above, I listened to the podcast too, he was also on Sean Croxton's UW show the other day. He knows his stuff.....
    ... and you could never be annoying

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Good luck! Elimination diets can be tough...I'm trying with dairy (not too successfully) and trying to limit wine to weekends only. The no cheese is the hardest!
    I gave the cheese up a few weeks ago so that bit is not too hard any more. The butter and eggs are being sorely missed though! Funnily enough I haven't missed the booze but then again, I haven't had a weekend yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Aww, Em, that really sucks. I got you in my thoughts & hope that there is some positive & helpful feedback for you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    good luck all around, sister. things will work out.
    Thanks y'all. I'm hopeful that things will turn out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    That's the same problem I face, and naturopaths are hard to find here, and EXPENSIVE. The first doctor I went to barely looked at the nodule on my thyroid and said "That'll have to come out." To hell it will! She didn't even put on a pair of gloves before saying this. Insane.

Wishing you the very best in your search. Definitely take advice from folks who have been through it and hopefully avoid their bad experiences.
    I love diagnosis by osmosis! How do they do it?! It amazes me how so many doctors believe all cures begin with a scalpel.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends from across the pond!! I hope you have an awesome time with your families and don't get into too much strife over what you will and won't eat. I can only imagine what a minefield big family events can become. Luckily (in some respects) my extended family all live in the UK and my Ma and my Brother couldn't give a toss what I eat as long as I make them some

So Day 4 is nearly over and I'm feeling bloated as hell. Lord only knows WTF is going on there, maybe related to my period which arrived yesterday morning after 2 weeks of PMS symptoms (sometimes being a woman sucks balls ya know?!). Have been craving carbs today, no big surprise as I'm eating VLC by default. I don't really plan to, it just seems to be the way I eat naturally without thinking about it. Wish it would help me lose some bloody weight though!!!

I've eaten badly today, not outside of the elimination diet rules, just all over the place.

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut cream
    Lunch: Another coffee and 2 huge slices of bacon, supps
    Snacks: A whole frickin packet (that's 200g) of sweet potato crisps (they are gooood but I can't control myself around them, I really need to stop buying them!). Some fried seaweed snacks, slice of turkey, another coffee (decaf), few bites of salmon.
    Dinner: Who needs it after all that!!

I was all over the place today because I was in and out all day, if I'd have had time for one decent meal I think I would've done better. Anyhoo, tomorrow is another day....

Picked up my November order of pastured lamb today, it is soooo good and sooo cheap! AU$7.50 per kilo. That's around US$4 per Ib!! Here's a pic that I took after loosely rearranging it's bodily features after butchering... is that weird

I've stuck most of it in the freezer, but I left out a rolled shoulder for dinner on Saturday night. Gonna open up the shoulder, stick something yummy in the middle and roll it back up before roasting. Last time I used black olives, roasted eggplant, anchovies and parmesan and it was insanely good. Any ideas for what to roll it up with this time??

Oh... forgot to mention that the medical clinic that I was referred to by the Thyroid Support Group got back to me yesterday. They're willing to take me on as a new patient but their first free appointment is on the 27th January!!! I guess that's a good sign that they're so busy! I guess I'll stick with the recommendations for supplements that came from Dr K's Thyroid book, stick with the PB and wait it out.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, NE! At least they are taking you on! Hopefully, time will fly by and after seeing them you'll finally get some relief!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ooowwww.... I dont think a hug is gonna help much right now... yeah he's a fuckwit. Sorry to hear that he's tipping your life upside down hon.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thank God nothing happened while your children were in that car!!!!!

I am so fucking pissed off and upset.
    I wish I could help you right now.

Obviously I'm going to stop his access to them, their safety is the number 1 priority,
    Absolutely!

Thinking of you...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    ooowwww.... I dont think a hug is gonna help much right now... yeah he's a fuckwit. Sorry to hear that he's tipping your life upside down hon.
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thank God nothing happened while your children were in that car!!!!!

I wish I could help you right now.

Absolutely!

Thinking of you...
    Thanks so much for your support. I kinda regret flying off at the mouth (or fingers) about this, hence I've deleted the post. I must remember that this is a public forum and some things are not meant for public airing.

Thanks again Suse and W'n'C

batty is offline Senior Member
    ok, the lamb pic made me laugh. and i DID see your deleted post through email, and as to respect your privacy, all i'm gonna say is RAGE. i'd be furious. My thoughts are with you.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast