Thread: New Primal from Boise! page

bossman34 is offline Junior Member

New Primal from Boise!

Shop Now
    Hey everyone!

I'm brand new to both MDA and the primal way of living. I recently received my Master's Degree in Exercise Science with a heavy emphasis on physiology and nutrition. While I'm glad I did it and I learned a ton, I felt that something was missing...or that I was still missing something.

Unfortunately, a lot of what was taught was based on Conventional Wisdom and/or was more applicable towards athletes which changes things a bit. The good thing is that I learned how to think critically and question the "wisdom" that is perpetuated every day. In other words, I learned to question what I had just learned!

Over that past several months I have been doing a lot of reading and research on what it truly means to be fit and healthy. The more I learned, the more I realized that the way the majority of us live in the US is backwards and unhealthy. I realized that all of the information and "wisdom" being fed to us is fueled by money and not by the desire to keep us healthy.

Anyways, long story short, I stumbled upon Mark and The Primal Blueprint and I'm glad I did! I bought his book about two weeks ago and have been visiting MDA ever since. I haven't finished the book yet, but I have started to adjust my nutrition according to the blueprint and information here.

I look forward to seeing and feeling the results and getting to know you all here!

Cheers,
    Adam

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I am new as well. Looking forward to learning.

Mark

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Adam! And Mark too!

I have been thinking of going back to school for Nutrition but am not sure since I know I will be taught the conventional way of eating. But, as you said, it will enable me to think critically which is what I lack right now.

Good luck with your adventure!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

bossman34 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys!

Toad, I would say that if you're planning on going back to school you should go for something that you're passionate about. It takes too much time, energy, and money to go otherwise...don't go back just to go. If you're passionate about nutrition and want to make a career out of it then go for it! Even if you are taught more of the conventional stuff, you will learn a ton about physiology and biochemistry which will make it easier to "think critically" and understand all of the mumbo-jumbo that's out there.

Best of luck with whatever you do!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman34 View Post
    Thanks guys!

Toad, I would say that if you're planning on going back to school you should go for something that you're passionate about. It takes too much time, energy, and money to go otherwise...don't go back just to go. If you're passionate about nutrition and want to make a career out of it then go for it! Even if you are taught more of the conventional stuff, you will learn a ton about physiology and biochemistry which will make it easier to "think critically" and understand all of the mumbo-jumbo that's out there.

Best of luck with whatever you do!
    Thanks Adam! You are right that simply going back to school for nutrition would allow me to think critically. There are a few other degrees that I would LOVE to pursue. Some are somewhat similar to nutrition while others are not even close. I may have to do a double major or something that interests me.

In the meantime, I will be working as a server at an Italian restaurant. I have never served before in my life but start training on Thursday... I am super excited!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

samson smith is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman34 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I'm brand new to both MDA and the primal way of living. I recently received my Master's Degree in Exercise Science with a heavy emphasis on physiology and nutrition. While I'm glad I did it and I learned a ton, I felt that something was missing...or that I was still missing something.

Unfortunately, a lot of what was taught was based on Conventional Wisdom and/or was more applicable towards athletes which changes things a bit. The good thing is that I learned how to think critically and question the "wisdom" that is perpetuated every day. In other words, I learned to question what I had just learned!

Over that past several months I have been doing a lot of reading and research on what it truly means to be fit and healthy. The more I learned, the more I realized that the way the majority of us live in the US is backwards and unhealthy. I realized that all of the information and "wisdom" being fed to us is fueled by money and not by the desire to keep us healthy.

Anyways, long story short, I stumbled upon Mark and The Primal Blueprint and I'm glad I did! I bought his book about two weeks ago and have been visiting MDA ever since. I haven't finished the book yet, but I have started to adjust my nutrition according to the blueprint and information here.

I look forward to seeing and feeling the results and getting to know you all here!

Cheers,
    Adam
    Ok, I have read your post. It is really good. I have learned many things from the information that is given by you. I am new in this forum, so I always look forward for learning. I think this new primal from Boise is good for nutrition. Thanks

markalen001 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Bossman,
    Welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. Your post is really informative. I have got some points from here and think many people will learn something from your post.

samson smith is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markalen001 View Post
    Hi Bossman,
    Welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. Your post is really informative. I have got some points from here and think many people will learn something from your post.
    Yes markalen, Bossman gives very useful information in our post. He explained all about in physiology and nutrition. It is very important information for everyone. I have also search on the link that is given by you. This links gives the complete of proteins. So, thanks for this.