Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When u put coconut milk in the fridge what is the solid that separates? page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

When u put coconut milk in the fridge what is the solid that separates?

Primal Fuel
    Is that coconut cream? It tastes amazing

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Yup, coconut cream. 8) yum

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    m spooning it into my tea as i write this

shemdogg is offline Senior Member
    Where can i get just the cream?????

Laguz is offline Member
    I just had some coconut milk with my coffee this morning. I shook it up really well so that it was creamy and frothy before pouring it in. Absolutely delicious!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    Where can i get just the cream?????
    They sell this brand at my local health food store but I haven't tried it yet: http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Do-Organi...6382364&sr=1-4

And Tropical Traditions makes stuff that might be similar.. they say there's no water added, so it's probably even thicker: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/co...oncentrate.htm
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

QuietlyPrimal is offline Member
    Am I missing something? I've bought exactly one can of coconut milk and the stuff that separated out was lumpy and grainy, which made the milk when shook up all grainy and yucky, I felt like I had to chew my coffee. I never bought another. Did I get a bad can?
    Quietly Primal
    Eating food that remembers where it came from

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietlyPrimal View Post
    Am I missing something? I've bought exactly one can of coconut milk and the stuff that separated out was lumpy and grainy, which made the milk when shook up all grainy and yucky, I felt like I had to chew my coffee. I never bought another. Did I get a bad can?
    Some of the cheaper stuff does this (the wholefoods brand) Ive been buying thai kitchen lately and its nice and thick in the fridge

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietlyPrimal View Post
    Did you refrigerate it before you opened it? That can make for some lumpy separation, although the small "lumps" should just be coconut oil and would melt in hot coffee. I find that if I keep it at room temp until I open it, pour it into a container and shake it up really REALLY well before I refrigerate, it will never separate again. If you're getting actual hard chunks of coconut in it, then you probably need to try a different brand, that sounds like terrible quality. I've used Chaokoh, Thai Kitchen, and Native Forest and never had that issue.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I usually dont use a whole can at once, so I use a small glass when I put in the fridge. The wholefoods brand would still be runny, but thicker with some chunks in it. Thai kitchen just goes completely solid and cream. mmmmm totally worth the extra 20cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast